How long has it been since you've had fast food?

Options

Replies

• Chaosrose8
    Chaosrose8 Posts: 39
    Options
    I had In-N-Out two nights ago and it was delicious!
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I had sonic for lunch today. It was delicious
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I usually have fast food 2 a month.

Mostly I'm overweight because my portions were bigger than what my TDEE actually is.

I had fast food today, shame on me, because I REALLY ate a lot (like 1000+ calories)... I feel sick now, so def skipping dinner
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I had a bacon cheeseburger, tator tots, & a cherry limeade from Sonic yesterday. Yum!

I limit fast food in moderation to at least 2x a month so i won't deprive myself.
  • withintherose
    withintherose Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It has been almost 1 year.
  • carolelittle56
    Options
    It's been 8 weeks since I had my last fast food stop and I honestly don't miss it! I like all the money I'm saving, too!:smile:
  • glitterstreet
    Options
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I had bdubs Friday. Yum.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    3 years, 5 months, 11 days since I had "real" fast food (as in, typical, "unhealthy" fast food). I do eat salads from Chipotle two or three times a month, and I guess I don't really consider that "fast food" because it's basically just lettuce, meat, and salsa for me.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I ate Nachos Bell Grande just about 24 hours ago.
  • JewelleryByMandy
    JewelleryByMandy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    We ordered pizza tonight at work but I went for the chicken kebab with salad in a pitta, so far less calories.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It has been three months at least since I have had fast food. I have eaten out but don't eat at the fast food places anymore. I would rather save my money and eat at home than eat at one now.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    0ther then Subway and Pizza, which IMO Pizza is not really a fast food, it still takes 15minutes wait and is mostly Dough, Subway can be healthy if you eat the right amount or chose the better salads and breads, none for over 4 months
    also cut out Ice Coffee, Soda, Cakes and Sweets in general, Cordial, and rarely eat of the snack truck at work if i do it's a salad sandwhich or something similar.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Changed my mind about McDonald's. It's been too long since I've had Quizno's, so I'm going there tomorrow :)
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Do salads count? If they do it's been 6mos, if they don't count its been 3 years. Gluten intolerant, not anti-fast food.
  • yinkyo
    yinkyo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    about 30 minutes... had Arbys on the way back from a concert xDD
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow I came back to check on this thread, and it turns out everyone really loves their fast food! Haha, now I want arby curly fries...
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    45 minutes ago when I had a hot fudge sundae at McD's. But actually, the ice cream cone and hot fudge sundae aren't all that bad, and I not only built it into my calorie allotment for the day, I actually needed the extra calories. I use the McD's ice cream cones and hot fudge sundaes as my treats when I have room in my allotment without screwing up my macros too badly. But only at the end of the day if I have room.
  • grandevampire
    Options
    A McDonald's quarterpounder with cheese last week, Yoshinoiya beef bowl yesterday. If it fits in my kcal budget, I eatz. U mad?

^^This! I'm so sick of people thinking they're so cool because they only eat "clean". Here's a question, if the body composition outcome is the same for people who eat "clean" and people that follow IIFYM, then why eat "clean" 100% of the time? Because you have some false sense of self righteousness? Can't stand that...

I think it's two separate issues. One is losing weight and having a good body composition, and the other is eating food that has less chemical preservatives and is produced responsibly. You might get ripped and lean eating McDonald's, but they aren't the model of ethical food sourcing, and you can be sure they have additional processing/stabilizers to make sure the stuff makes it from where they manufacture it to your restaurant/tray.

I am sure there are people with okay looking bodies after eating meat from cows with infections and pus pockets. But...ew.

It's kind of like how you can have top performing athletes who win their events and are taking steroids, but steroids are considered a health risk. So many athletes choose not to use because it's not worth it to them.

Everyone do what you want. If you happen to find out a bit more about industrial food production and it makes you feel queasy just thinking about it, you may or may not decide to avoid in future. It's not about being cool, it's about doing what feels best to you (both physically and mentally).

After all, the people seemed to do fine eating Soylent Green, right? :P
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I just don't get fast food, I had ribeye steak for dinner last night, it took 1.5 mins to cook each side (rare) and while it wwas resting (about another 3 mins) I made a spinach, walnut , pear and parmesan salad. whole thing including washing up took about 8 minutes. It was healthy and tasted so much better than a burger from a fast food outlet- dont get me wrong I love a burger but my local pub does amazing home made, grass fed beef ones for £5. Soo much better than BK of Mcd's