chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    avocados
    watermelon
    nutella
  • cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just about everything at Starbucks. That White Chocolate Mocha will set you back. And movie theater popcorn.
  • nakedbreakfast
    nakedbreakfast Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This post makes me incredibly sad. I'm sorry, but saying something has "too many calories" to a child can be incredibly damaging. No foods are inherently bad.

http://fyoured.com/post/26275075631
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Outback steakhouse "loaded cheesy fries :/, I now share them with 4 or more people once a year.
  • SkinnyMusic
    Options
    Peanut butter.
    Hamburger buns.
    Tortillas.
  • DuckieSteph
    DuckieSteph Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Muffins. I am saaaad about the amount of calories in muffins. Devestated, even.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I am more shocked about the 9 year old in this story than any foodstuff.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Sit down restaurant salads. Seems like the healthier, better choice than a burger or something with carb-heavy sides, right? A lot of them are 800+ calories. I was floored to find out my favorite salad at Chili's was 1300-ish calories.
  • mmariani99
    mmariani99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use 1 TBSP of ranch...it is a small indulgence.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Electric eel.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    This post makes me incredibly sad. I'm sorry, but saying something has "too many calories" to a child can be incredibly damaging. No foods are inherently bad.

http://fyoured.com/post/26275075631

I agree with this as well. I never discussed calories or dieting in front of my son while he was growing up, he did however see me exercise and make the right choices. Unfortunately kids will hear it anyway as most people don't think about it....and social media...don't get me started.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and almonds.

And I love ranch. With a passion. But we're like star-crossed lovers because I also know we can't be together...:laugh:
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Any kind of nut, nut butter, avocados.

I still eat them, I just make sure I measure (especially the nut butters) and add them to my calorie count!
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Muffins, restaurant burger buns, and restaurant meals n general terrify me. Most restaurants have been fighting tooth and nail to delay or be exempt from posting calorie counts and nutritional amounts.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options

^^^ This. http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/wellbeing/8760102/When-your-mother-says-shes-fat

The ranch stays...so does the pizza I dip in it...
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Bagels. Such a waste of calories!
    sadly this but one of my absolutely fav foods :sad:
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Trail mix for sure; I used to eat it by the giant handful, but now I can't even really have it around the house. Also fresh pineapple kind of depresses me, because it's so delicious -- and who can have only half a cup?

I still remember when I first joined MFP and looked up the foot-long meatball marinara sandwich from Subway that I had just devoured. That was shocking, but it makes perfect sense when you think about it. It's just that I was so *not* mindful about what I ate.

But I'm very happy that I hate ranch dressing and think Pizza Pizza is the worst pizza I've ever had. :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the problem with ranch dressing. How many jars of it do you need to pour onto a salad? Or how low is your calorie goal that 80-160 calories breaks the bank?
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Bagels. Such a waste of calories!
    sadly this but one of my absolutely fav foods :sad:

Mine too! But I really love them from a bagel shop which just closed recently. I haven't had a real bagel since. They just aren't that good from the grocery store. I'm ok with bagel thins though, so I will eat those until I find another bagel shop.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the problem with ranch dressing. How many jars of it do you need to pour onto a salad? Or how low is your calorie goal that 80-160 calories breaks the bank?

Agreed! I make my salad, chuck on some ranch then shake the heck our of it to cover - doesn't need more than a TBS which I can easily allow for!