Rude Dude Rant

Options

Replies

• nobadkitty
    nobadkitty Posts: 95
    Options
    Are you sure he was really scowling at you? I've never actually seen this happen in real life, who has the energy and why would he care?

:noway: Ooo...you've never been to NY, have you?

Sure have...and I've jogged through Central Park and I still have never seen anyone giving a "fat person get off the planet look" like the OP is talking about. I'm not talking about someone cutting you off in traffic or something. This kind of **** is in people's heads and it has to do with their self esteem. Nobody is sitting around staring at fat people and wondering why they're working out or wanting them off the planet as the OP says...just isn't reality.

:huh: Riiight. Because we all know that prejudice doesn't exist.

WORD. If you ever venture to Reddit they have tons of fat shaming over there. It may not be always in public but behind the curtain of the 'net, its there in droves.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I read the entire thing and never got a response. Don't leave us hanging..... did he or did he not say he was going home to wash his eyes out with battery acid???

No he didn't say he was going to. And I don't want him to either, he's good looking even behind the scowls. He shouldn't pay for my failure to maintain certain aesthetic qualities.

Ok, good to know he did not actually come out and say that. If he had, I would say he was a total scumbag, but since he didn't, my guess is he didn't even know you were there. Not in a bad way, but rather he was more than likely focused on his workout and his stuff than thinking about eye bleach, because of you. I would really not put too much thought into what he was thinking unless you are a mind reader. Woosah!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I read the entire thing and never got a response. Don't leave us hanging..... did he or did he not say he was going home to wash his eyes out with battery acid???

No he didn't say he was going to. And I don't want him to either, he's good looking even behind the scowls. He shouldn't pay for my failure to maintain certain aesthetic qualities.

There! Let. It. Go.

A negative internal monologue that interprets any off putting glance as an attack isn't going to put you in a good mindset. Recognize it for what it is and move on. Oh, and nice walk!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Are you sure he was really scowling at you? I've never actually seen this happen in real life, who has the energy and why would he care?

Sure have...and I've jogged through Central Park and I still have never seen anyone giving a "fat person get off the planet look" like the OP is talking about. I'm not talking about someone cutting you off in traffic or something. This kind of **** is in people's heads and it has to do with their self esteem. Nobody is sitting around staring at fat people and wondering why they're working out or wanting them off the planet as the OP says...just isn't reality.

WORD. If you ever venture to Reddit they have tons of fat shaming over there. It may not be always in public but behind the curtain of the 'net, its there in droves.

But that's the point. It happens on the net...usually by "brave" internet warrior teenagers...but not in real life...and even in those rarest of moments when it does happen (because fine, there are some real dbags out there who do this to everyone, not just overweight people), you just can't reach this conclusion from ONE look...from a casual glance...(even if you thought it was a scowl).

It's in OP's head. Not saying that isn't a real problem that she needs to overcome, and I sincerely hope she does, but the problem almost certainly isn't with scowling fit guy.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    He could suffer from what I have "b!tchy face" I'm a really nice person (most of the time) but I have eternal b!tch face:wink::wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcXhKr4EaRg
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't know what this is about anymore so

ScXTX38.gif
  • nobadkitty
    Options

Ok, good to know he did not actually come out and say that. If he had, I would say he was a total scumbag, but since he didn't, my guess is he didn't even know you were there. Not in a bad way, but rather he was more than likely focused on his workout and his stuff than thinking about eye bleach, because of you. I would really not put too much thought into what he was thinking unless you are a mind reader. Woosah!

You probably hit the nail on the head. I had unleased my inner child (who was taunted and teased mercilessly as a child for being chunky) responding in a hypersensitive way to something probably completely benign, and even if not benign, should not affect me. Ok time to let that **** go. :)
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmvgho2fTr1rqcakdo7_400.gif

haha, he moves so little in this GIF that I thought I imagined it when he blinked.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I'm out running and pass someone, and smile, wave or nod... and get nothing but a stare back. Where I live it's mainly the women that do that, most men will at least nod. I think that some people are rude and others are in their own little world, maybe they didn't even register what you did until after they pass you. If I'm working out really hard I'm lucky if I can breathe let a lone smile. Try not to let things like that ruin your day, it's not worth it. You got out there and did your workout and you should hold on to that great feeling! There is a chick at my gym that never smiles. At anyone. Ever. She is young and gorgeous. When I pass her in the hall I smile and she just gives me this deadpan look. I see her at least 2x per week. I've started smiling bigger at her! = D

I love this attitude! OP, I used to think the same way you are...but then I changed my way of thinking. Life is too short and too d*mn precious to spend it reflecting your own insecurities on to others. Oompa Loompa tan...SMH.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

You probably hit the nail on the head. I had unleased my inner child (who was taunted and teased mercilessly as a child for being chunky) responding in a hypersensitive way to something probably completely benign, and even if not benign, should not affect me. Ok time to let that **** go. :)

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Ain't no STOPPING us now!!!

I was projecting, I am narcissistic, terrible self esteem, it was a reflection on me, forgive me MFP, for I have sinned and insulted someone AND I am a complete attention-seeking hypocrite! LOVE IT!

The next person who doesn't smile at me when I walk is getting punched.

This is why that may not be a good idea.

real-falcon-punch-funny-pic-guy-punches-girl.gif
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

I hope your day has gotten a ton better! Smile, you rocked that walk!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Ain't no STOPPING us now!!!

I was projecting, I am narcissistic, terrible self esteem, it was a reflection on me, forgive me MFP, for I have sinned and insulted someone AND I am a complete attention-seeking hypocrite! LOVE IT!

The next person who doesn't smile at me when I walk is getting punched.

This is why that may not be a good idea.

real-falcon-punch-funny-pic-guy-punches-girl.gif

That **** looks like it hurts!
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    guys scowl at me at the gym (or that is what it looks like to me) when i lift and muscles and veins come popping out everywhere. can't please everyone. just do you!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i think the world revolves around me too!! add me!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Good. The world is a much nicer place when we are able to recognise that most of the people in it are not against us.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

LMFAO....

I was fat...I've never had anyone give me a death stare because I was fat. I am now fit...I could give a rats *kitten* if you're fat and running in the park or in the gym or whatever. I'm getting my fitness on...I really don't care about what is going on around me. Someone could nod at me in the gym and I'd probably not even acknowledge them at all...'cuz I'm in my zone and getting it on. Maybe you should worry more about that and less about what you perceive others to be thinking about you. Unless they say something directly to you, you don't have a ****ing clue and are just making assumptions based on your warped perceptions.
  • poeticsuture
    Options
    I once had a jerk in a huge truck honk his horn and yell "FAT *kitten*!" at me when I was walking my dog.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I'm out running and pass someone, and smile, wave or nod... and get nothing but a stare back. Where I live it's mainly the women that do that, most men will at least nod. I think that some people are rude and others are in their own little world, maybe they didn't even register what you did until after they pass you. If I'm working out really hard I'm lucky if I can breathe let a lone smile. Try not to let things like that ruin your day, it's not worth it. You got out there and did your workout and you should hold on to that great feeling! There is a chick at my gym that never smiles. At anyone. Ever. She is young and gorgeous. When I pass her in the hall I smile and she just gives me this deadpan look. I see her at least 2x per week. I've started smiling bigger at her! = D

For what it's worth, when I pass someone, I give a subtle wave/nod...so subtle that it isn't distracting to them, but if they're looking to see if I waved or nodded, they'll see it (and won't think I was ignoring them if they happened to wave or nod). However, I do *not* look to see if they reciprocate because, well, it really isn't that important to what I'm doing at that moment. And personally, I think it can be rude to gesture wildly or say something. I know I find it a little distracting sometimes.
  • nobadkitty
    Options
    I once had a jerk in a huge truck honk his horn and yell "FAT *kitten*!" at me when I was walking my dog.

That's happened to me at least twice, on the flip side, I did get wolf whistles too.

The worst was In HS a bunch of guys spit tons of loogies on my car and wrote nasty "fat" notes on my car. Outright miserable feeling! I am happy for anyone who didn't get taunted growing up.