Ladies: who is 200+ pounds?

Options

Replies

• pmart611
    pmart611 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was there at the beginning of 2012 and I can tell you it CAN be done - even for this middle aged lady. I lost the weight and gained my body back by using an MFP goal of 1200 calories total per day with a healthy diet (of around 1700 calories) with plenty of daily exercise to burn off about 500 calories. I think exercise is key to getting your metabolism up. You can do it! Oh - and I planned in special treats on the weekends that didn't kill my progress, but still kept me from feeling deprived. Just keep focusing on making each day "complete". Don't think about pushing a lapse until tomorrow. Make TODAY complete, then those days will add up to weight loss on your weekly weigh in. Keep going!

Height: 5'9"
    SW: 230
    CW: 150
  • HelenKiller
    Options
    Hey, everybody!

36/f

5'6"

SW: 237
    CW: 223
    GW1: 200
    GW2: 175

I want to wear all the awesome clothes that I already own, and feel great in them. It's worth it. I'M WORTH IT.

Feel free to add me. I'm new to the message boards here and am more often found lurking on the reddit.com weight loss boards.
  • sonymacaroni11
    sonymacaroni11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi all,
    i literally just joined the site and would like to see how others like me are losing weight and staying motivated. i sent some friend requests, but still figuring out how everything works on here.

5'11''

SW: 255
    CW: same, just started
    GW1: 200
    GW2: 180

please add me and help me get started! have always felt helpless about my weight...looking to make a real change.
    thnx.
  • mjmm87
    mjmm87 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just signed up today!

Just got married two weeks ago at my heaviest weight. :(

I'm 26
    I'm 5'5"
    CW: 204
    GW: 150

Motivation: being healthy and getting there before we get pregnant!
  • kad7465
    kad7465 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Age-36
    Height- 5'5"
    SW-231
    CW-221
    GW-160 and like some of the rest of you if I make it that far I will keep going then.

I have been doin this about 3 months and I haven't had that great of success, I get lazy and feel defeated. To be honest I feel like I can't do it but regardless I am going to keep pluggin away and at least try for one more day, one more day after that until I feel better.

If anyone is interested in becoming friends add me if you want.
  • LynnMartin78
    LynnMartin78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am in! Just send you a friend request.

This journey is hard. More support from friends the better.

This is the second time tipping the scale over teh 200lbs marker. This time I got up to 238 pounds. It wasn't until I was in my brothers wedding last year and saw the pictures that I became completely disgusted with how I let all the hard work i did before go to waste. Basically I gained it all back plus another 15 and it all went to my *kitten* and gut. Ugh.

I have lost 24 pounds so far in the last 6 months. Not big success but a success in a small amount. Now I have to hit it hard to lose the last 30 pounds in the next 5 months......bf and I are going to australia n November and I have plans to be in a bikini every single day there and feel good about it.
  • highflyer88
    highflyer88 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Height : 5'4"
    SW : 240
    CW : 229.2
    GW : 140

I have been doing this a while and have great result then get off track and regain what I've lost. The older I get the harder this is but now I am starting to see some results that aren't scale related but energy wise. So I'll take the little loses I seem to be able to achieve as long as I can continue to keep up with my kids and enjoy life. For the first time in a long time I'm happy and more confident than ever before. Slow and steady is the way I plan on reaching my goal...little goals along the way and little rewards as I reach them.
  • afletch310
    afletch310 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi all,

I started using MFP at the beginning of this month and am in need of more friends for some support and accountability!

Height: 5'6"
    SW: 237
    CW: 232.2
    Mini GW: 180 by Christmas
    UGW: 134

Feel free to add me :)
  • Borrowed_time
    Borrowed_time Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Me also ladies- pelase add me :)

Age-45
    Height- 5'6"
    SW-296
    CW-234
    GW-160 to start with..

Working slowly but surely towards it over the last few years, been off the wagon a few times along the way - but managed to crawl back on :)
  • dontwishforit_workforit
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    SW: 245
    CW: 204
    GW: 140
    Current Goal: 190

I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes a week before I got married [May 26, 2012]. Was given a meal plan, 1200 calories/day and goal to lose 20 lbs. Following the plan alone dropped me from 207 to 187 in roughly 8-9 weeks.. enough to go from size 16 to size 14 jeans! Haven't been in those in 8 years! I have no idea what I weighed in my younger years, just that I was maybe a size 10/12 through MS and HS and then boom!

I have a 9 year old step daughter, and my wife and I used to go hiking often.. She shattered a bone in her foot and went from 125 at 5'8" to 190 lbs currently. I want to be love my body again, and hopefully be the motivation to help my wife get back into shape as well!

*ETA* Not sure I will ever fit into those 'cute clothes' because my chest has always made those cute shirts impossible :(
    *ETA#2* Please feel free to send friend requests :D
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    SW-270 lbs
    GW- 140lbs

Active member for over a year and weight loss blogger.

Please feel free to add me :)
  • Tyandnatesmom
    Tyandnatesmom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in...

SW: 285
    CW: 254
    GW: 160
  • Cilla001
    Cilla001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Looking for motivational, supportive peeps! Please add me!
  • tiffanylee422
    tiffanylee422 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Add me please. Looking for some motivation.

SW: 215
    CW: 215

Just had baby #2 and have never been this heavy. Can't even fit into my "fat" jeans :(
    I've struggled with my weight my whole life, but was always pretty active so I had more of an "athletic" figure and I was ok with that. Now I've had two babies and work a desk job, so the scale seems to be constantly moving in the wrong direction. Need to get the needle moving down!
  • mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    So I hate admitting my weight
    Age 39
    Height 5'3
    SW 273
    GW 160

I have lost over 100 lbs before and have put 75lbs back on so I know we can do this :). Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ErinKEbert
    ErinKEbert Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Me too! Anyone, please feel free to add!

Height: 5 '8
    SW: 276

I've lost the same 50lbs 3 times! This will be that I lose that 50lbs, AND the second 50!
  • ladylego1
    ladylego1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im in...please feel free to add me.

Age - 32
    Height: 5'8
    SW - 228
    CW- 211
    GW - 159 (may continue depends on how i feel)

Really looking for supportive motivate people to celebrate commiserate and share with
  • mdnfhmom
    mdnfhmom Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started, again with myfitnesspal. I am not sure what I weigh, have been scared to get on a scale. I am going tomorrow to join Curves Complete.

Age 46
    GW 175
    height 5'7"
  • emruck
    emruck Posts: 1
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

Age - 32
    Height: 5'10
    SW - 224
    CW- 220
    GW - 170

I just got back on MFP and hopefully will stick to it this time! I'm tired of people saying "It's ok to carry a little extra weight because you're tall." No way! I want to be tall and healthy!
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm up for more friends, and more support from the 200+ crowd!

ST238
    CW 226
    GW 180 (ok, trainer says 160, we will reevaluate at 180)

Main motivation is we just booked our wedding venue last week for a May 2014 wedding.
    Todays motivation: Make these creepy crawly panties fit better!