12 week get ready for summer!!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I would like to know which meal replacement protein bars you consider good. I do like them on occasion when I don't have time to eat. Right now I am eating a Cliff bar.
  • Amyzeppy
    Amyzeppy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in, want to lose 15 - 20 pounds by the summer! I run, do a cardio kick class but have a hard time with eating healthy. With working full-time and 2 boys we eat a lot of pizza and junk! I am not a cook and do not enjoy it but know that I need to start eating healthier and so do my boys!! :ohwell:
  • KPlaunt
    KPlaunt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just checking in with everyone. Good week, food wise, exercise wise, weight wise :) Stepped on the scale 2 lbs gone !
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just checking in with everyone. Good week, food wise, exercise wise, weight wise :) Stepped on the scale 2 lbs gone !

good job!!
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    are we doing weigh ins every week? are we keeping track of everyones loss?
  • Eliza_De
    Eliza_De Posts: 3
    Options
    HI! I'm Eliza.
    This is my first attempt at a My Fitness Pal Transformation.
    A close personal friend recommended used the program & recommended it to me.
    I'd love to lose 75lbs but I'm setting a goal of 50lbs & will go from there.
    I'm not sure food is an issue for me as it's 1430 right now & I've only consumed 100 cal according to the food tracker.
    I'm fairly certain that I just need to find some quick, maximizing exercises that can be done often, easily .. & everywhere..
    I'd appreciate & welcome any feedback from the MFP Veterans out there.
    !E
  • Eliza_De
    Options
    sounds awesome. will be adding this to my menu. THANKS!
    !E
  • Eliza_De
    Options
    Hi Mike ...
    My name is Eliza I’m 46 years old and I'm a SAHM living on a shoe-string budget.
    I'm desperate for help, guidance & support.
    I live in Vernon,NJ.

Thanks so much for putting this together & typing it up.
    !E
    Hello everyone and thank you for your interest in the 12 week get ready for summer support group. My goal here is to have everyone helping each other and supporting each other. I will offer some guidelines as to what I think will help. I also welcome any questions along the way. It looks as though we have about 10 people in our group so far and I’m sure a few more will join in as we progress.
    My name is Mike I’m 27 years old and I’ve been training for 8 years I live in Pennsylvania. What are all your names?

Week 1: Some of this stuff you may already doing but I think it is some of the most important aspects of losing weight and I want you all to try to implement most of these suggestions into your daily routine.

1. Water - 6-10 cups daily dependent on how much you are moving and sweating can even be more! No less than 6.

2. Cardio - Aim for 30-45 minutes of Cardio on most days of week or a minimum of 150-180 moderate-minimally intense cardio minutes per week. (Cycling, Elliptical, Walking, Running, Incline Treadmill, Aerobic Classic, etc.) Not so intense you do not want to do it the next day but intense enough to keep you shredding.

3. Strength Training - Those of you with gym memberships I would suggest 2-3 days per week weight lifting 8-10 exercises done for 3 sets of 12-20 repetitions. If you don't have a gym membership some dumbbells a yoga mat and a stability ball or medicine ball goes a long way. I will be posting some circuits to try as well.

4. Eat the Rainbow- No excuses if you don't like vegetables learn to blend them and drink as a smoothie. You should be eating a minimum of 2 fruits and 3-5 vegetables daily preferably of different Colors, because different colors adds different vitamins and minerals. Fruit is best eaten about 1 hour pre-workout and avoided the rest of the day due to high sugar content when trying to lose weight.

5. Weight Yourself - Only once per week Friday Mornings after using the restroom on the same scale with as little clothing as possible for accurate results.

6. Measurements - Waist around belly button with stomach released not sucked in and Hips widest point all the way around. Take these measurements now and every 4 weeks and post them back on the page.

7. Protein - Protein will help build muscle but remember you do not need to go crazy I would follow the recommendations on my fitness pal and perhaps go slightly over daily not under.

8. Carbohydrates- First 3 meals of the day mainly. Choose whole grains and non-refined (oatmeal, rice, quinoa, beans, vegetables, 100% whole grain bread up to 2 slices daily, low sodium couscous, etc.)

9. Fats - Avocados, Olive Oil, Nuts, Almond Milk, Coconut milk, you need fat to lose fat but be mindful of the calories.

10. Supplements - Not a big advocate if you want to do a protein shake post workout let me know and I can recommend some products. Also meal replacement protein bars I know some good ones. As far as vitamins and creatine and all that you don't need them unless you want to take them as long as you are following the fruit and vegetable protocol outlined above.

11. Motivation - The more people you have on board in your family and friends the better your results will be. Also having someone to walk run or elliptical with will make that 30-45 minutes roll on by quickly.

12. Sodium - Make sure you are staying under what MFP recommends this can be difficult but it can be done!!

13. Meals - I would say eat 3 moderate meals and 2 small snacks daily to keep metabolism up. Limit carbs within 3 hours of Bed.

14. Sleep - Come hell or high water 7-8 hours of sleep a night MAKE IT HAPPEN. Your body recovers while you sleep muscles are not made in the gym they are MADE IN BED AND IN THE KITCHEN.

15. Stretching - Look up full body stretching and do some quick 30 second stretches for each muscle group after each session to prevent injuries and provide Flexibility.

That is your starting point. Go get it I welcome questions and I look forward to helping you all reach your goals. Please Comment your name your starting weight, hips and waist measurements if comfortable sharing and goal weights on the message board. This is going to be fun! We will all be amazing come JUNE!! Go get it Friends!!
  • special_star07
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 5'9, I weigh 175 and I wanna get to 150 by July :)
  • andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Okay, my goal was to get 15 pounds off by Monday, I managed 13 pounds. PRETTY DARN GOOD!
  • andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    How'd you do?