Hooters Girl?

Options

Replies

• Huebras
    Huebras Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what size/weight you have to be to work at hooters? Im hoping I can get hired after I lose 60 more pounds. Also how many calories should I be eating if I burn atleast 1, 000 daily?

Since most (some) people are being jerks or just unhelpful I'll try to answer you....

congratulations on your loss so far! I don't believe they can discriminate based on size. When i used to eat there, the girls definitely varied in weight. Maybe scope out your local hooters to see the type they tend to employ.

try to eat back the 1000 calories you burn a day, on top of your normal amount. That's how MFP is designed to work. I can't give you a number though, it's based on your statistics. But that is a huge burn each day, great job!

Finally, kudos to you knowing what you want. Ignore the rude one's, if you can. Haters are always going to hate.

Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

ETA- while i was writing this there have been some helpful replies... so i added "some" in parenthesis above :)

Thank you for answering her question, quite eloquently, I might add. I was going to say almost the same thing.

BTW, I agree, it's amazing how rude most of the people who troll the boards are.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

on another note, i'd love to see a restaurant were there were just male waiters that wore tight shorts and the restaurant could be called c0c*s...Their shirts would have a rooster on it. It would be fun and they'd be known for their awesome sausages.

30vhco8.jpg
  • Tasha_Fat2Fit
    Options

on another note, i'd love to see a restaurant were there were just male waiters that wore tight shorts and the restaurant could be called c0c*s...Their shirts would have a rooster on it. It would be fun and they'd be known for their awesome sausages.

30vhco8.jpg

Oh, I'm in on this one!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    last I knew, I think waitresses made like 2.50/hr not including their tips. they depend on regulars. that's why they are so saccharine to everyone.

note: this varies by state. Some states have separate minimum wage scales for servers. Some don't.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    It's a "family" restaurant...people bring their kids and wives.

I don't think when I have them I'd take my kids to hooters. "Come on kids! Let's all go to hooters for dinner!!" hahaha

I've taken my kids there. Out shopping for the afternoon and needed some good food and drinks for lunch. There was actually quite a few kids there that day. And have you seen the show they put on for a 13 year old boys birthday? Priceless!!

this made me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and totally reminded me of a local story in my area where a bikini barista was assaulted by a 13 year old boy who she had done "special shows" for....apparently these shows were typical for an extra ten bux or something. She said in an interview that it made her think about what she was doing and she quit her job.. and my thoughts were.. well, doing sex shows for 13 year old boys is illegal so you probably should have thought about that before you did it.

NOTE: Not blaming her for his sexually assaulting her. But def wondering why they are doing shows for kids.

ETA http://www.seattleweekly.com/home/937009-129/crimepunishment
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Why not work for a different restaurant where looks don't factor into their hiring process as much? I would never be caught dead in a Hooters, let alone work for one.
  • kookanddra
    kookanddra Posts: 92
    Options

I don't think when I have them I'd take my kids to hooters. "Come on kids! Let's all go to hooters for dinner!!" hahaha

I've taken my kids there. Out shopping for the afternoon and needed some good food and drinks for lunch. There was actually quite a few kids there that day. And have you seen the show they put on for a 13 year old boys birthday? Priceless!!

and totally reminded me of a local story in my area where a bikini barista was assaulted by a 13 year old boy who she had done "special shows" for....apparently these shows were typical for an extra ten bux or something. She said in an interview that it made her think about what she was doing and she quit her job.. and my thoughts were.. well, doing sex shows for 13 year old boys is illegal so you probably should have thought about that before you did it.

NOTE: Not blaming her for his sexually assaulting her. But def wondering why they are doing shows for kids.

That's jacked up!!! Wrong kind of show. They have the kids stand on a bar stool while they sing "Happy Birthday" to them. Nothing sexual. Just embarrassing. Wow!!:noway:
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

That's jacked up!!! Wrong kind of show. They have the kids stand on a bar stool while they sing "Happy Birthday" to them. Nothing sexual. Just embarrassing. Wow!!:noway:

haha. Ok. I feel a lot better now.

*wipes brow*

WHEW!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

30vhco8.jpg

Oh, I'm in on this one!

Aw, I always thought it would be called Peckers and the mascot would be the woodpecker...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Why not work for a different restaurant where looks don't factor into their hiring process as much? I would never be caught dead in a Hooters, let alone work for one.

what is so wrong with it? It's a family establishment.
  • NatureChik1985
    Options

This^^^ if you don't like Hooters then don't eat or work there. It is really quite simple.

Op: for the most part the Hooters we have hires women of all different sizes and shapes. They all for the most part have very up bea bubbly personalities. I would say as long as you can wear the uniform and have a good personality you should be fine. I know their uniforms do run a little on the smaller side, but they are supposed to be skin tight. Oh and those tights smoothe everything out. Some girls with smaller chests also double up the push up bras to add volume (I know a few women who put themselves through college by working at hooters). GOOD LUCK!!!
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Can they discriminate based on weight? I mean if Abercrombie & Fitch can....

you can discriminate in hiring as long as you are not discriminating against a protected class. Weight being one of the un-protected classes.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    last I knew, I think waitresses made like 2.50/hr not including their tips. they depend on regulars. that's why they are so saccharine to everyone.

note: this varies by state. Some states have separate minimum wage scales for servers. Some don't.

I was speaking specifically of the payrate for hooters waitresses. I worked there.

Its a uniform, thats all. Would people rather have these girls get jobs at the strip club? The girls I knew were moms or students just trying to make a living like anyone else.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Dream big.
    Double big
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

Yes exactly!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options

30vhco8.jpg

Oh, I'm in on this one!

Aw, I always thought it would be called Peckers and the mascot would be the woodpecker...

LOL
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

how is it a family establishment when their entire sales pitch is made up of girls in tight clothes and their "assets"? It is one step away from a strip club in my mind. I couldn't support a restaurant (breastaurant?) that showcases their employees as pieces of meat instead of respecting them as human beings with brains who just need to make a living. Not trying to start a fight. People can eat there if they want but I take my business elsewhere.:flowerforyou:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Seriously?!

In for judgement.

Proceed.

^ This.

OP - it's a family restaurant. You'll be wearing more than what I see on the girls on the beach here on a daily basis. But I'm from Florida. Where Hooters started. It's casual.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    OP- go to their website. It has all the info you need about employment, including an online application. Good luck!
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    I would be happy to give you my tip.

Best wishes on achieving your goal.