Could not believe what my sister did...

Options

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Take the jar and hide it or better yet put it somewhere and take a pic of it and send it to her facebook and see if she can find it!!! LOL like the Traveling gnome!!!!! Oh I would have so much fun with this!!!

Put on the jar "Can Ya Find Me Now"???? LOL

oprah.gif

I would have actually thought that was hilarious if my sister did it. Of course, when I found it I'd either eat it in front of her to torture her or pin her down and try to force feed her some. Gotta love sisters.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    when she is in the kitchen take it out and spike it in the trash can and look her in the face and say "WHAT!!"

problem solved..

you can thank me later...
  • FedoraNinja
    Options
    Two very valid options here:

A) Ask her to keep her peanut butter in her room. Kindly explain that you just don't want to accidentally eat all of it.
    B) Sit her down and ask her if her purchase was vindictive. Explain that you're confused, and feeling a little betrayed, since you were expecting her to have your back.

A is such a minor inconvenience for her that it REALLY shouldn't be a problem. If she makes a big fuss about it, then, obviously, the issue isn't the damn peanut butter.

B is probably the actual heart of your problem. You sister may feel like it was a **** move on your part to ban a food from the house without consulting her before you made that decision for the whole household.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    When living with others, you are more likely to find trigger or junk foods and may cheat because of it. But if you love PB that much, why not have it as a treat!! 6x a week I would workout, and sometimes for the sole purpose of having my special treat after. Gourmet chocolate protein shake with a good scoop of peanut butter. Its beyond delicious and all you do is shake up the bottle. Let that be your special treat after a good workout. That way you can still enjoy PB without over indulging.
  • ThinMeant1205
    Options
    You will show her. I took Microbiology and found out that most of the spiders in PB factories end up in PB. The gov. allows for a small percentage of this to happen because whenever a company makes anything in mass, this is not something they can control. With this knowledge, you now should understand the crunchiness of PB= whole nuts and SPIDERS and other bugs. They are even in smooth PB. Tell her to enjoy the bugs, and you, you press on. You have come too far for something as trivial as this to derail you(@#$%). Chin-up and press on.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    You will show her. I took Microbiology and found out that most of the spiders in PB factories end up in PB. The gov. allows for a small percentage of this to happen because whenever a company makes anything in mass, this is not something they can control. With this knowledge, you now should understand the crunchiness of PB= whole nuts and SPIDERS and other bugs. They are even in smooth PB. Tell her to enjoy the bugs, and you, you press on. You have come too far for something as trivial as this to derail you(@#$%). Chin-up and press on.

big ol sack o lies.

link or it didn't happen.
  • gypy
    gypy Posts: 83 Member
    Options

I heard this rumour as a kid, about Mars Bars, It stopped me eating them. lol
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My trigger is gummy bears and the way that I avoid them is to imagine that they are mixed with toe nail clippings or cat litter (used cat litter !!!) Works for me.
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Show her that you can eat a little of it in moderation so your not taunted by it sitting there. That will piss her off. And then proceed to thank her for buying the PB :tongue:
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It isnt yours, dont eat it

if she says you can have it, chuck it or give it away, but until ownership transfers, it isnt yours.

And ofcourse bugs get put into factory goods, they cant control it, doesnt the average chocolate bar have half a spider in it all mushed up? Plus bug eggs are used for red colouring, so you cant really complain about eating spiders and bugs if you are eating up their eggs as colouring.
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    A lot of people here need to relax. Seriously. Especially the person saying she's glad she grew up with brothers because of the original poster's urge to lose two pounds.

Wanting to lose those two pounds is not petty at all. Two pounds on my frame makes a big difference. Two pounds is twice as much as that first pound lost that gives you that push to make a commitment to being healthier. And, those two pounds are the hardest to lose when you're approaching your goal weight.

Also, your home should be your safe zone, especially when you live in a country where unhealthy food choices are rampant. I understand the frustration of not having support from your family and having to exercise constant restraint due to their choices. Knowing full well they are trying to mess up a change in your life that's important to you and seem to not care about your health, and being mad about it--that's not petty.

Wasting food is bad, but it's not your food to control either. It's not like people waste other resources all the time. It's not like she's committing a horrible sin. Sit down with that. Try to be less condescending and more helpful, ja, those that are calling the OP juvenile.
    No.

And to the OP, grow up or move into your own place.

Wow gotta love the support here. No offense I'm not trying to pick a fight but she is only 18 and turned to people here for support not to be put down. I don't blame her for feeling upset I have trigger foods too and if someone I lived with purposely threw it in my face like that I wouldn't be happy. At the same time I would use it to motivate me to keep going turn a negative into a positive.I'm also very stubborn so you can be guaranteed I wouldn't touch that PB at all and I wouldn't be talking to the person that did that for a while until they came to me and asked me why I won't talk to them I'd say lets sit down and talk. The point here isn't so much that the PB is in the house its that the sisters need to find a way to work out this problem together in a mature manner and until they are able to do this its just best to not say anything that will make it worse.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It's just super annoying that I know for a fact she doesn't like it, and probably won't eat it. I don't plan on eating it, but knowing it's there is just taunting me:(

Throw it away. Deny all knowledge of it....or
    if glass drop it and smash it...

each time she replaces, repeat whichever one you do.

She will get tired of buying it all the time:wink:
  • nikilis
    Options
    lol. this thread has taken on a life of its own.

I am not a shell!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    You can always shove it to the back of a cabinet somewhere where it'll get covered by other things.

The sister may bring it to the front. When I've been in that situation I've asked people to put things on a high shelf so I couldn't see it. They wouldn't.

A separate, mini refrigerator or a cabinet with a lock is another idea. I once suggested that in my situation, but no go.

I don't usually like aversion techniques for food (imagining something gross about the food), but maybe that's the only solution here. What the sister did was definitely intentional. They talked about it beforehand and then the sister went out and bought it.

If you can avoid having to use will power for something this persistent it would be preferable. Current theory holds that we have limited amounts of will power.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    So, don't eat it.

I don't see the issue here.

^^^ pretty much what I was thinking.......

It's called self-control..........
  • nikilis
    Options
    i've seen this one before I think...

6242295_std.gif

a1lzQ3e.gif
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Take that challenge and make it your b*tch !
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    -Throw it out
    -Let the dog lick it
    -Put [insert various things] in it and laugh when [sister] eats it.

Gawd, some of you are just mean. Maybe the sister wanted it for herself, ffs. I didn't read that she stocked an entire cupboard with the store's rack of peanut butter.

And before you go throwing out things that you didn't buy (not targeting OP, to clear that up), think that over. You didn't buy it, and it wasn't for you... leave it alone. If someone started clearing out my pantry of everything that they thought was a trigger or unhealthy for them... :explode:

I agree. Some of the suggestions in this thread are so hateful and completely pathetic. Let's get the teenager all up in arms rather than give her practical advice because the latter would just be crazy, right? I hope the kid doesn't think people are serious suggesting she put stuff in the peanut butter. Sick.
  • TrishaLunny
    TrishaLunny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    the old saying goes out of site out of mind..... If it is hers and she really does want it and does not want to sabotage you than a good way to find out is to ask her to be respectful of you and help you out by keeping her peanut butter in her room or hide it from you.....
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Pull your big panties up, take accountability and don't eat it.

She's right, you can't change people, only yourself.