"Interesting" baby names

Options

Replies

• jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a girl named Tibia Payne. (Nice girl and she may have spelled it Tybia, I don't remember) Isn't "tibia" a bone in your leg? Perhaps her mother suffered from shin splints while she was pregnant??

Yes, should could have named triplets: Tibia, Fibula and Femur...
    :laugh:
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I have some friends with the last name Pond. They named their daughter Lily.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

Awww, that's my daughter's name. :heart:
    Same spelling, like the flower but everyone wants to spell it Lilly.
    And here I thought I was keeping it simple and easy for her...
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options

Lily is a great name. Just not with Pond.

Some names are always bad. Some are just bad in certain combinations.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

My dog is Lily and everyone spells it Lilly! What is up with that???
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

Lily is a great name. Just not with Pond.

Some names are always bad. Some are just bad in certain combinations.

Agree :smile:
  • mrob04
    mrob04 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My youngest son is named Madden. Lots of ppl think that is weird.
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    We are friends with bunch of crunchy granola hippies...and the names of babies in their friend's circles run super strange.

The one that got me the most is Echo .....really???? WTF is wrong with you people!?
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My son's name is Jett, which I didn't think was weird, but my grandma needed a year or so to get used to it. I sometimes get the "did you say Jett??" response, but not too frequently.

My sister had a couple friends in high school named Diamond and Princess...can you imagine being a grown woman named Princess?? Like putting that on a resume?

There's a Cleveland Browns player (used to play for LSU) named Barkevious Mingo. I really wanna name my next dog Barkevious. It sounds like a royal dog name.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    If I ever have a girl, I really want to name her Brumhilda. I think it's a beautiful name. My boyfriend says that's definitely not happening. Also, I will love my daughter, so I probably shouldn't do that to her. Maybe I can use it as a middle name.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    I knew a girl in high school who was named Love Seeman. True story.
  • chsnelk03
    chsnelk03 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Went to HS with Summer Breese and Frieda Love Boner.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Apparently they call her "Northie" which is kind of cute. But they chose North because it means strong and powerful.

I like odd names. I would love to name my daughter Irelyn one day but my husband is like "HELL NO."

LOL!

i like it too.. i've heard worse.. & i'm with you .. i like unusual names .. no one will forget you that's for sure.
  • BrittanyAnnL
    BrittanyAnnL Posts: 140
    Options
    Ahem, ..... Diamond (stripper in the making..... LaQuiesha (ummm, it speaks for itself) ..............and..... Barthalomew ( really?)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If I ever have a girl, I really want to name her Brumhilda. I think it's a beautiful name. My boyfriend says that's definitely not happening. Also, I will love my daughter, so I probably shouldn't do that to her. Maybe I can use it as a middle name.
    Yeah, don't do that! Middle name is fine.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    My uncle's ex-wife is a social worker, and she said that some woman named her kids Syphilis (pronounced Sa-phyllis) and Gonorrhea (pronounced Ga-Nora). WTF?
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I saw an "In Memorial" post in the newspaper once where the five surviving children were all named after cars. I can't remember all of them but two were Mercedes and Tercel.
  • pudsandbobby
    pudsandbobby Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I work in a maternity unit and I've heard of a baby girl called Berry, and a baby boy called Indiana (there surname was Jones!)
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My nephew, Keegan, told his mom he didn't like his name and wanted to change it (he's 8). So every morning when she woke him up she'd call him some other name.....Frank, Phillip, Clyde.....he'd always tell her "No, I don't like that either" Until......Cleatus. He smiled and exclaimed excitedly "Yes! Cleatus! I like that!" So now we all call him Cleatus. LOL
  • jpeoples1177
    jpeoples1177 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I told my wife if our child was a girl, we were naming her Polly Esther. Thankfully, we had a boy!