What changes have you noticed as you've lost weight?

Options

Replies

• Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Oh and my shoulders and upper arms! They used to slope round and down to my elbow. Now they make a nice 90 degree angle and straight line!
  • vicissitude
    Options
    wow these are all very inspiring milestones. and i applaud all of the hard work.

it don't come easy baby.

i've been on/off MFP for sometime but currently having success on my gluten free and dairy (almost) free. it's been 9 weeks. i actually started this experiment for my mental health, which has been fantastic results, but n the meantime have lost 12lbs. i have plenty more to go.

but the biggest changes i noticed...I FEEL MOTIVATION!!!!

and best clothes story is i go into dressing room with usual size jeans to try on (not fun, they never fit right) and i totally needed two sizes less! i never knew.

change is fun.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I have fibro do when I started I was in bed 2'4xs a week...
    Up being busy living life everyday
    Blood pressure no longer high
    No longer touch resteraunt booths with my stomach
    Have a lot more energy
    No longer depressed
    I no longer hate myself
    I can hike, bike ride, take kids to the waterparks, etc
    Too many to list
  • flashesbuck
    flashesbuck Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When i was looking at new cars, I wanted a fusion, but ended up getting a focus because they are comfortable now.
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I noticed you mentioned your wedding ring and how has your changes effected your husband? My boyfriend met me at my highest weight which was about 205 lbs and is impressed with my recent weight loss but says even if I went back he would still and always love me...that's good to know...as for others I have been getting compliments because I am now down a size and I feel healthier, more vibrant and people seem to notice. I have before pics but I'm going to wait another 4 weeks before posting and hopefully have good after pics:smile:
  • jennieren76
    jennieren76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i have lost 7st 7 since 2010 and as i lost it i noticed i had less heartburn,easier to breath and fasten my shoes bending to pick things up etc etc but i did notice that people treat you differently when your slimmer they seem to listen to you and treat you with more respect :-/ why? i dont know coz we all should be treated with kindness and respect regardless of size after all im still the same persom only smaller people are so horrible and pedudice when your overweight its very wrong :-(
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I don't mind having my photo taken anymore. I can tuck my shirt into my pencil skirt, and my belly bump doesn't gross me out. I am almost always in a skirt or dress now, and comfortable in them.
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My face got less round, more angular;
    I have much more energy;
    I nap less;
    I can run just for fun without getting way out of breath;
    My shoes actually fit differently -- my feet are less wide, somehow. (Maybe being heavier made the bones spread?)
    Just in general I feel empowered . . . you know, the knowledge that decisions that you make really affect your life for the better.
    I can buy clothes that I don't have to special-order in the big-and-tall sizes;
    I can cross my legs very easily;
    I can fit in an airplane seat with no problem (and they're STILL not comfortable, for the record)
    I can wear a swimsuit that fits close to my body and not feel weird about it
    The foods I eat have gotten much less-processed and much more varied . . . and much more intense. (If it's not fantastic, it's not worth the calories!)
    And I'm stronger and more resilient in a variety of ways, I think.
  • markbolch
    markbolch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Now When I'm naked I can look down and see my.. well nevermind. :embarassed: too much information..
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So far I have lost 29lbs.... The biggest difference that I have seen was my face is totally slimmer and longer than before. I dont have that darkness on my cheeks that I notice that some larger ppl have. I am down a pant size and a shirt size :) I am starting to feel much more confident and happier. Oh.. also I can keep up with the Couch to 5K app thats on my phone. At 1st I couldnt run, but now months later I am keeping up with and I have last Im on week 3, but before I coulnt last 2 days!! Feeling like I have accomplished something in life :)
  • gpdaddy59
    gpdaddy59 Posts: 5
    Options
    Easier to tie my shoes, Blood pressure down to low normal, cholesterol levels down 35%, I crave daily exercise so much I feel guilty for taking Sundays off, I can get up and down off the floor much easier, I don't have to keep pulling my t-shirt down over my belly in Wal-Mart anymore, car seats are more comfortable, I don't have to use the handicapped stall in the men's room anymore, it's easier to cut my toenails, I'm way more energetic in the morning, I'm our of "skinny" clothes, etc.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Lots of what I would mention are here already, so I'll just add that I can bend sideways at the waist and it takes a lot longer to crease my back and have my lower abdominal fat touch the fat on my ribcage.

Probably seems like a strange thing to notice, but honestly, of all the things I disliked about my body and the way things felt when I was obese, it's the fact that only a very slight bend caused body parts to touch that never touched before that really freaked me out.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    -My blood pressure went from high to normal
    -My triglycerides went from high to optimally low
    -My hdl/ldl ratio improved, HDL went way up
    -I can do regular pushups (okay, not many but I have never been able to do one lol)
    -I'm getting hit on, it doesn't go anywhere but it is flattering ;p
    -I can run 5k
    -My clothes are more comfortable
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I can't take the cold as well. I moved my air conditioner two degrees up from where it was last year.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I can tie my shoes with ease.
    I can buckle my seat belt without rotating my hips to the left.
    I don't recognize my reflection in windows.
    I can turn around in the shower.
  • cavanerwifey
    cavanerwifey Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm cold, and I'm less funny. Let me 'splain .... No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

Here's where being cold is a problem: Most nights my wife and I head up to bed at the same time. She'll generally spend a few minutes in the lav - removing makeup, whatever it is you ladies do in there. Now, she hates a cold bed, and I like cool sheets. So I'll occupy her side of the bed while she's doing her thing. She comes to bed, and I roll over onto nice cool sheets, and she gets a pre-warmed spot. Everyone wins. Well I'm generally a lot colder nowadays, so I can't effectively warm her side of the bed .. without farting. Nobody is happy with this. Everyone loses.

Less Funny: At 300+lbs, I made a lot of self-deprecating wisecracks. For example, I'd wear shorts into work, and get a comment like "shorts toady, huh?" and reply with something like "yeah I'm just doing it to drive the ladies wild." and everyone would have a good chuckle. Hahaha fat guy made a funny. NOW, sometimes I forget I'm not still 300+, and in the same exact situation, I end up sounding like an arrogant *kitten*.

Anyone else here still turn sideways in order to get through a tight space, when they no longer have to?

^ Favorite reply. LOL
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    This is such a nice and postitive thread! I love it. I went down from size 8 to size 2-4. Of course size 2 today = size 6 from 20 years ago. I fit into all the skinny clothes I thougth would never fit into. Thank goodness high waisted pants are coming back! My bra size went from 36-34. I have more confidence, I lost my big belly

When I ge thome from work, I'll garden or clean instead of watching TV all night and eating

Sometimes I go for a hike after work or I will walk on my lunch break

I used to only like shopping at Costco (free samples!) and food shopping. Now I am buying nice clothes. I love shopping and I used to hate it. Clothes actually look good on me.

I actually feel good when I get up in the morning instead of dragging my *kitten* out of bed and going through the motions of life. Yes, I am a lot happier!
  • CBrook04
    CBrook04 Posts: 107
    Options
    I've only lost 8 lbs so far but the changes I have noticed have nothing to do with clothing or the scale. I notice that I am no longer feeling sorry for myself now that I am taking control of my life & doing something about my weight. My boyfriend & I aren't arguing as much over tiny, silly things. I just feel better about myself in general. I can't wait to see how I feel about myself when more weight comes off. Exercise really does help me relax & feel happy.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm cold, and I'm less funny. Let me 'splain .... No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

Here's where being cold is a problem: Most nights my wife and I head up to bed at the same time. She'll generally spend a few minutes in the lav - removing makeup, whatever it is you ladies do in there. Now, she hates a cold bed, and I like cool sheets. So I'll occupy her side of the bed while she's doing her thing. She comes to bed, and I roll over onto nice cool sheets, and she gets a pre-warmed spot. Everyone wins. Well I'm generally a lot colder nowadays, so I can't effectively warm her side of the bed .. without farting. Nobody is happy with this. Everyone loses.

Less Funny: At 300+lbs, I made a lot of self-deprecating wisecracks. For example, I'd wear shorts into work, and get a comment like "shorts toady, huh?" and reply with something like "yeah I'm just doing it to drive the ladies wild." and everyone would have a good chuckle. Hahaha fat guy made a funny. NOW, sometimes I forget I'm not still 300+, and in the same exact situation, I end up sounding like an arrogant *kitten*.

Anyone else here still turn sideways in order to get through a tight space, when they no longer have to?

In for Princess Bride references.
  • Ronnie2002
    Ronnie2002 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really can relate to what you saying here, I have problems with the ball of my feet hurting and could not stay in heels long. Since I have lost weight, shoes are more comfortable, my knees do not hurt and the back fat is almost gone. Wonderful job to us all...lets keep it up for the many years to come.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!