Married men answer this.........

Options
123457»

Replies

• SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    So the general consensus of this thread is girls are b*tches and guys have no backbones??
    I like my men to have their own opinions, and not be wimps about it.
    Otherwise its not a relationship. Its a dictatorship.
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    awesome reply
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I run ****...then I pass out drunk...most mornings I wake up naked with food stuck in my teeth...my wife loves me

You sound like a catch!! LOL :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    So the general consensus of this thread is girls are b*tches and guys have no backbones??
    It's not that we don't have backbones. For many of us it's NOT worth arguing over things that don't have a major impact on our own happiness. I'm more than sure many men here have opinions, but sometimes opining them may end up hurting our wives feelings and it ends up being more miserable for us.:laugh:
    It's like the saying in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".

"The man may be the head, but the woman is the neck".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of men, but this common line of thinking does not make sense to me. My husband would agree that I have final say on lots of things. But, be honest guys. Is it really stuff that you feel passionately about? Women care about a lot of details that escape the notice of men. Give me a specific example of what sort of things you "compromise" on.
    thanks.

I agree with this. I mean really do you care about where we eat or are you just happy there's food?
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    A thread I started really struck hard on "compromise" in a marriage. So be up front..................do you compromise or conform?:laugh:

Lol, truth be told, I conform 90% of the time and compromise the other 10%. It keeps mama happy.

^^^This was me in my first marriage, except it was probably closer to 99% conforming (he really liked being in control to an unhealthy extent). I waited a long time in between partly so that I'd learn not to be such a pushover. This time around is much nicer. I'm all about the win-win solution (and good at finding them), and he learned pretty quickly how great that is (both he and his ex were the "win at all costs, even if it means destroying the village" types).
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I agree with this. I mean really do you care about where we eat or are you just happy there's food?
    As long as I don't have to "dress up", I don't care where we eat when we want to eat out. I let her choose.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    It's not that we don't have backbones. For many of us it's NOT worth arguing over things that don't have a major impact on our own happiness. I'm more than sure many men here have opinions, but sometimes opining them may end up hurting our wives feelings and it ends up being more miserable for us.:laugh:
    It's like the saying in "My Big Fat Greeki Wedding".

"The man may be the head, but the woman is the neck".

I kind of get what your saying, maybe!! Idk... so now youre saying that us girls are overly opinionated, and that you men just go through life, somewhat happy while trying to appease us women???
    This is still not how a relationship should be.
    I make myself happy. My boy makes himself happy. And we have a mutual happiness that doesnt involve thinking about whose turn it is to take out the garbage.
    You say its not worth arguing over the little things, but here you are. Venting about your unhappiness. And you feel your opinion may hurt your wife, or make youre life more miserable??
    I'm sorry if I offend you by my thoughts, but this just seems ridiculous to me.
  • sgtdub555
    Options
    I compromise because that works the best (for me). If you do what you want and they do what they want and neither are concerned with the others happiness then you are not really in a relationship. you are either unhappy or you are friends with benefits. (just my thought on the matter)
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    well am not married or have a lot of life experience as am only 18 but i have been with my mr 2 and half years and we both compromise for each other but its probably 65-45% to him as yes he compromises alot for me but so do i for him, as long as you are both happy that really all that matters right :)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I kind of get what your saying, maybe!! Idk... so now youre saying that us girls are overly opinionated, and that you men just go through life, somewhat happy while trying to appease us women???
    Men can say overly offensive things to each other and not bat an eyelash, while if said to a female, drama will break out. For instance, if I called my overweight male friend a "fat *kitten*" in jest, we laugh and he'll hit me back with "meat head" etc. If I called my wife a "fat *kitten*" even in jest, I'd be in the doghouse for days on in.
    This is still not how a relationship should be.
    I make myself happy. My boy makes himself happy. And we have a mutual happiness that doesnt involve thinking about whose turn it is to take out the garbage.
    Happiness is subjective. What makes you happy may not make others happy. Like I stated above, as long as I can hit the gym, watch some football, and spend time with my family, then I'm happy.
    You say its not worth arguing over the little things, but here you are. Venting about your unhappiness. And you feel your opinion may hurt your wife, or make youre life more miserable??
    Venting? Where do you get that?
    I'm sorry if I offend you by my thoughts, but this just seems ridiculous to me.
    Not offending. It's discussion. While it might seem ridiculous to you, this works for my relationship. I like how my life is and don't see how you deem it as bad. I mean I'll stand ground when I emphatically believe in something, but most of the time it's just easier to conform and not go against the grain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Lol, so wife asks me where we should eat tonight.

Me: Whatever you want is fine with me.

Her: No you pick.

Me: Okay, how about Mexican?

Her: Naw, I don't feel like Mexican.

Me: Okay, how about IHOP.

Her: Naw, not IHOP.

Me: Then what do you think you want?

Her: Vietnamese.

Me: That sounds good.

We're eating PHO tonight.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Lol, so wife asks me where we should eat tonight.

Me: Whatever you want is fine with me.

Her: No you pick.

Me: Okay, how about Mexican?

Her: Naw, I don't feel like Mexican.

Me: Okay, how about IHOP.

Her: Naw, not IHOP.

Me: Then what do you think you want?

Her: Vietnamese.

Me: That sounds good.

We're eating PHO tonight.

IDEA Fitness member

LMAO. this sounds like all of my conversations. That is awesome.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    A happy wife = more sex.

Just conform guys :)
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    A happy wife = more sex.

amen
  • rpsterkel
    rpsterkel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Simple answer....

Happy Wife... Happy life

Unhappy wife... Life is over!.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    A happy wife = more sex.

This is why I still get it.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • sterven
    sterven Posts: 12
    Options
    Neither... I pick my battles and only worry about the things that TRUELY matter
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Both. A good marriage will have both.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Two rules:

1) I never argue over cheap *kitten*.
    2) Almost everything is cheap *kitten*.