Soooo....I Have Cancer

Options

Replies

• fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    With your attitude this cancer doesn't have a chance....kick its *kitten* and come out stronger on the other side! My thoughts are with you...please keep us posted. Now....start that fight of your life!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Whoa. That's a reality check even for someone probably thousands of miles away at home who doesn't have to go through that. Heavy stuff. Did writing this help? Sometimes just putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) can help put things in perspective. Wish you all the best.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    As someone else said please remember to take a pen and paper to your appointments because I know when my mother went through breast cancer long ago her memory just wasn't as it once was and it's true, your surgeon would be honest with you. You will be fine especially as you are so young and healthy. Thinking of you and if you need more friends please add me. :flowerforyou:
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    You may have cancer, but cancer does not have you. Live your life to the best of your physical ability while you battle this disease. Do not let it weigh you down or change you are or who you desire to be. The people that beat cancer are the ones with this attitude.
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    I wish you all the best! Just remember that you may have cancer, but cancer doesn't have you. I believe you're going to be fine! Stay strong!
  • jazzygurl81
    jazzygurl81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's very brave of you to share your story with us. And I'm praying for you; you're going to be just fine!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Those are the worst words to ever have said to you. I've heard them myself and it was shocking. I had a female cancer and was fine after surgery and no chemo or radiation.

You sound like a fighter--you WILL be all right.

My husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor about 3 weeks ago. He's already had aggressive surgery and is recovering nicely. He starts chemo (oral) and radiation on July 8th. His surgeon mentioned that being in good shape and exercising regularly is helping him recover and will help him through treatment and make for a better complete recovery. It should help you, too!

Hang in there and fight with all your heart!
    {{{HUGS}}}
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    These are words that no one wants to hear. Stay brave and strong and you will get through this xoxo
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    You are young, healthy, strong, and determined. Keep up the good attitude and you will beat it. Stay strong and positive. I am sending you good wishes, great thoughts, prayers, and sunshine.

God bless, and thank you for sharing.

:flowerforyou:
  • chelcdub
    chelcdub Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you shared. It's a reality check that anything can happen to anyone, I'm 30 and can't imagine. My sisters father in law found out last week he has stage four terminal colon cancer. There are never the right words to say to someone who just found out life changing news, or someone who has lost someone. In your case and in his...please be positive and strong...you can beat cancers bootie! = ) saying a prayer for you.
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    Thanku for sharing your story. You have inspired me to not take my health for granted and tho you weren't a smoker, your story has made me throw out the cigarettes I was keeping "just in case" I needed them. I wish u a full recovery .
  • marlo665
    marlo665 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I read the entire post and my heart goes out to you. You have a great attitude about it. Now add the Lord to the equation and you can kick cancer's *kitten*.
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck to you!
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can imagine that would be so scary, but you sound like a strong person. There are some people who would take news like this and feel like its the end of the world, however others who take it in stride and just know its another (big) hurdle among the many we will encounter in life. You sound like the latter. And as long as you continue to hold on to that attitude, you will get through this. Not just physically healing, but coming out emotionally and mentally stronger.

Best wishes and feel free to vent on the Message Boards any time you need to.
  • fatnomore201220132014
    fatnomore201220132014 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sending positive thoughts your way.
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    While I don't know you, I will pray for you. I believe in the power of prayer! You sound like an incredibly strong person! Keep on fighting this!
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I hope that sharing this, did help you! But, we're not strangers, we're in this together - This thing called 'life'! I had a friend, who was diagnosed with Stage III Colon Cancer and she said to me "I don't want you to be scared for me, I want you to stay my friend. I need my friends. right now, more than ever. I need to know that they care! Please always be here for me!" I told her I would never leave her! I would always be there to comfort her, to talk to her, to just be there!

It's all we can do - to be there for each other! It's not sympathy or pity - it's LOVE! You are in my thoughts and prayers for a complete and speedy recovery! Loves to you! <3
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    That really sucks. So sorry. Give yourself permission to cry, be angry, ask for support, lean on people who love you. Let people help take care of you and, take good care of yourself. Eat what makes you happy, be around the people that make you happy, go outside and breath the fresh air, look at the sky, listen to relaxing music. Love yourself and appreciate your life. Sounds like you are in good hands. I wish you all the best and will pray for your health and wellbeing.
  • Melissakay1222
    Melissakay1222 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. <3
  • filangieri
    filangieri Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    **hugs**