Soooo....I Have Cancer

Options

Replies

• SusanB148
    SusanB148 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Make sure to check out alternative therapies, such as Reiki and acupuncture that can help you endure the cancer treatment.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    ((hugs))

You are young and strong. Advances in cancer treatment have moved at the speed of light in the past decade.

Many things are working in your favor to beat this.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I will definitely keep you in my prayers for the rest of the year. Being in good health is an advantage right now. I agree with the others that said if the Dr. says you'll be alright, you'll be alright. Keep that spirit of fighting. And do what the Dr. tells you to do.
    Thank you for sharing, prayers are always good. :heart:
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: So sorry to hear this news. You vent hear when you need to, this anonymous therapy is good to help you process your thoughts. With a strong fight and such an aggressive plan of treatment, you have to believe your doctors, you WILL be okay! Prayers and positive thoughts for you!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    ((((((HUGS)))))))) Thank you for sharing. I'm praying for you!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    {{{{hugs}}}}
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options

One thing is certain: I'm ready to put up the fight of my life and come out on the other side as a stronger person.

You most definitely will. I am a cancer survivor myself; although my story/ diagnosis was not as involved/serious as yours is i understand the fear, nervousness and helplessness you are feeling. I had been diagnosed with Stage 3 Hodgkin's Lymphoma in Septmeber of 2011 after dealing with Lymes disease for a year. I was supposed to be leaving in two weeks for Europe for my brothers wedding which i had been planning for a year. Obviously that trip didnt happen. During the months of September and October i went through several test and fertility treatments to freeze eggs before i started chemo therapy which i finished in March of 2012 and then i did radiation therapy on my chest during June of 2012.

There are so many factors that play into your treatment, but you have taken all of the right steps so far. You took the right moves by having the biopsies done and keeping on top of your health. You have a plan in place which will make life hard for a while, but like you said you will get through it and will become a stronger person. Good luck with your upcoming surgeries and treatments.I wish you the best of everything and in health and luck. My prayers are with you.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Hey, look at the posts, we all care. Most of us know somebody who has gone through this battle and other's have gone through it themselves. Praying for your well being and peace for your family. Get well so you can play those courses.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Links Slayer -- I'm so sorry to hear your news. I know how gut wrenchingly awful it is to hear that diagnosis. It sounds as though you have a long tough battle ahead of you and it sounds like you're in the frame of mind to do battle. Good For You!!
    Your doctor said "It will be OK" ... so Believe him with EVERY atom in your body. Keep that Positive Affirmation in the front of your mind at all times. When things get to feel like it's too much, reinforce that belief by chanting inside your mind ... It will be OK; I will get through this!
    I luckily had a most excellent friend who went with me to every appointment I had before, during, and after my surgery and all other procedures. I almost always had a list of questions. She made sure each got answered. She asked questions based on what the doc said to me at the meetings. I tried to but it always felt like my mind was spinning and I was only hearing every third word. In her, I was truly blessed. I also have a close friend who is a missionary and who has a daily global-wide prayer circle. She kept me in her prayers through-out the many weeks and months. I had positive affirmations taped on all the mirrors in my house to remind me to keep positive throughout the process.
    Everything WILL BE OK!! Believe it!
  • Amy4President
    Amy4President Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Soooo.... Kick its @$$!
  • trodney1104
    trodney1104 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with you mighty warrior! Keep fighting the good fight! God is with you. Be strong in Him!
    Peace & Blessings be yours.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear this, but you will get through this. You have a great attitude and great support system.

I've had the same diagnosis several years ago but for another type of cancer, so I know how it feels. I really do. And I had no family history of any kind of cancer at all, so I was even more shocked I got it. I still remember what it was to tell family and friends. Their reaction was the same "But you're so young!"..... But I caught mine early. Early treatment can do SO much these days. I wish you all the best...... I don't really have bad days anymore. Every day I'm alive now is a great day.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    What your surgeon said.
    You're going to be OK.
    You're going to be OK.
    You're going to be OK.

I'm mostly a lurker, so you don't know me, but I know you well enough from your posts to say this with confidence. You're tough, you're strong, you're healthy, and you're completely capable of kicking cancer's @$$. I know MANY people who've had it, beat it down, and gone on to live perfectly normal cancer-free lives afterward. This is totally doable -- and your doctors wouldn't lie to you about your capacity to get through it and their capacity to treat it. And it sounds like you caught it early enough that the odds are in your favor.

Like you said, it just got real. Hang in there. Take care of you, first and foremost and always. And know that you're now in the prayers of yet another random stranger on teh interwebz.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that but you are in my prayers! I can tell that you have a very positive attitude and that will get you very far!
  • JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You're sharing with strangers because you don't have to worry about how we feel about it. When you share with friends and family, how they feel is an added burden to your current personal hell. Share away, man. I wish you the best, and I'll be thinking about you.
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    I read it all and wow, I have no words, all I can do is imagine what that must feel like, I've never had to deal with anything remotely close, not even via a family member. I wish you the best and give it all you've got!
  • iamjuju17
    iamjuju17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about the news.

The important thing is to keep a positive attitude and take it one step at a time. I think your ENT is completely right. You are going to be ok. Get your support system together. I hope that you know who you are going to take with you to your next appointments.
    if you need to vent/express frustration, use whichever outlet is comfortable for you. I think you will be fine as well. It's a big inconvenience and you will come out stronger in the end! :-D
  • xsflow
    xsflow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    http://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ is an excellent place to get further information around what to expect and what you should be preparing yourself for in the next few months.

Now is the time to EAT EAT EAT and make sure you have plenty of weight put on for the long road ahead.

Best of luck and my prayers are with you, your family & the crew who will be looking after you during this journey ahead.
  • luvopera
    luvopera Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Writing can be very healing, so it makes sense that you shared this. I appreciate your honesty and openness. My prayers are with you.