Men, what do you REALLY think of girls w/ stretch marks?

Options

Replies

• Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If someone loves you for the person you are they are hardly going to care. If you are confident in yoursel,f and any 'imperfections' you may have, then that shines through.

One thing I know that no matter what your naked body looks like if you are comfortable and confident with it, your partner is going to find THAT sexy.
  • thatgirlLeah
    thatgirlLeah Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wanna know the fastest way to make your stretch marks disappear? Confidence! If you must, fake it till you make it. But, there are few things as attractive as a person without insecurities.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Have fun, take a Sharpie to bed and use the stretch marks to draw pictures. :bigsmile:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    "We don't have no time to worry bout no **** like stretch marks... They came from either 1 of 2 things... Either you was big & got small, or you were small & got big ! Either way we f$&@ing... Either Waaay!" -KATT WILLIAMS

Lol love him!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    "We don't have no time to worry bout no **** like stretch marks... They came from either 1 of 2 things... Either you was big & got small, or you were small & got big ! Either way we f$&@ing... Either Waaay!" -KATT WILLIAMS

Ha! Good ol' Kat Williams. In my experience, what he's saying is true. Stretch marks do not matter to most men. I have light ones on my hips, stomach and a little on my arms, and I've even dated men with stretch marks on their arms, chest and stomach. I couldn't care less. To me, if a guy gets his panties in a bunch about stretch marks, then he is not worth my time anyway.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    If you're doing things right, he's not gonna be thinking about them anytime soon.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I can recall being in my teens & a friend who I always viewed as having a "perfect body" showed me her stretch marks from shooting up 4" quickly. Since then myself & most of my friends have had kids (various stretch mark results). My point is nobody knows what the hell you've got going on under your clothes until you choose to show them, & if you know them well enough to do that. Then they're not going to give a damn. :wink:
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    This was an awesome post, and all the replies have done so much for me!! I know when I reach my goal I will still have the stretch marks, and probably some saggy skin too... but hey I am also getting older and my amazing body produced an amazing child, and frankly it has put away some amazing food over the years, and reaching my goal means my body will do many more amazing things to get me there and keep me there... I love the analogy to freckles. Here's to everyone's lovely amazing unique bodies! :flowerforyou:
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I had them on my boobs before anyone ever saw me naked from developing early and none of the guys I was ever with made any comments. My current guy made a comment about the ones on my lower belly but just said that they should have come from having his babies (we've known each other forever but always had bad timing and both had our children with someone else) He is in amazing shape and has never once made me feel bad about my body but it is a little bit of a motivator to keep me on track with eating right and exercising.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love him!
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    My husband had me look up sites to see women's bodies after birth, so that I could see that I had bounced back (just got some tiny white stretch marks on my thighs that everyone keeps saying aren't even stretch marks). But, when we were looking at the pictures my husband said that he doesn't find any of the stretch marks unattractive. He said they just look like patterns. He said they even look pretty. He said that my stretch marks are like imaginary friends because I'm the only one that can see them. He even showed me that he has them too. And I didn't even know. That's how hard to see and unnoticeable they are. Mine are like that. I asked him how he got them and he said, "From having skin".

The 'imaginary friends' part is really cute. :)
  • time2change14
    Options
    Thank you for all the positive comments! They definitely make me feel a lot better! :)
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Im 36, and have had stretchmarks since I was 19 when I had kiddo. I was nervous about them at first, but no guy, from the time I was younger til now had an issue with them... one of my ex's would tell me it was a beautiful part of me, and a lover I had would trace them with his finger and tell me he thought they make pretty patterns on my skin.

I guess maybe since I got them when I was so young, and no one ever made them feel bad about them, that it was something I was never self conscious about or felt was a negative about my body. UNTIL!!! my most recent ex. Who after 2yrs together, while complaining about what he didnt like about my body, mentioned I should do something about my stretchmarks.

I felt really horrible...and then I realized...shoot, after almost 20 years, this is the first guy to have a problem with them and go as far as make me feel bad over something that 1) I cant help 2) really is a beautiful part of me as a mother. If I meet another guy who thinks thats a turn off, I will do him a favour and not let him see me naked anymore LoL.

But I can say from personal experience, there really are guys who either done care one way or the other, or even think its a beautiful part of you and really do like them even.
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I look at them as battle scars for what I have been through. Seriously, if someone said, "I like you but can't get past the stretch marks," would you respect that? I had a guy tell me that he'd like me more if I had blonde hair, and I responded that I'd like him more if he had better manners and maybe a job......
    I do this too.I also think of it as having "earned my stripes." I use to have a severely low self-esteem which led to social anxiety and depression. Not fun. I have gone through a lot of recooperation to get to where I am today. Now I finally feel fine wearing shorts, and I even worked with a trainer today and not one care was given to him seeing my stretch marks. It is really more of a mental thing than a physical thing. Laser surgery may reduce the visibility of them, but your mind will still still have an exaggerated view of them unless you put in the effort to accept your body.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Do. Not. Care.

Keep up, be active, healthy - physical. This matters.

If you are overwhelmed by them and can't go out and must hide. Yeah, that's a problem.
    I'm with this dude. Having lost 130 lbs, I'm in the same boat as the women. I probably have more stretch marks than most women.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Only if they are on the outside of your lips. I'd be intimidated.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Pfft! Maybe, just maybe I gave a damn when I was young, dumb, and full of c.... crap! I'm 40 and couldn't give 2 s#its about them. I have a few around the kidney area... IDGAF! I'm old enough to know what they do in magazines and on TV/film (PhotoShop and makeup) to cover that stuff up. To be truthful, if I saw a woman my age without any stretch marks ANYWHERE, I'd be suspicious! Especially since I like a little meat on the bones.... #IfYouKnowWhatIMean
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are like fingernails and ear rings. For the most part, only women notice them. :smile:
  • ElizMurphy69
    ElizMurphy69 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    14 pounds of twins doesn't fit into a 5'2 body no matter which way you squeeze em :-) So, needless to stay my badges of honor stripe my stomach and "it is what it is"... my ex didn't seem to matter and the couple of others who have seen them didn't seem to care at all.
    If a guy minds your weight, he probably isn't going to attempt to get to the skin at all, let alone the stretch marks...if he goes for skin, he apparently doesn't care :-) LOL....silly boys!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are like fingernails and ear rings. For the most part, only women notice them. :smile:

tumblr_lokd8j9IMC1qcz682o1_500.gif