Men, what do you REALLY think of girls w/ stretch marks?

Options

Replies

• anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    More importantly, what do YOU think of girls with stretch marks? The most intense stretch marks I ever saw was on a man, not a woman and I've yet to hear a man ask if women think it's a turn off.

The feminist is coming out and I have to say I wait eagerly for a generation of women who won't need to ask these questions - I don't mean to be unkind here - the reverse is true. How about asking this question: Would you really want to hang out with a guy that's got some primal hang-up about stretch marks? You're better than that! Have faith in your character.

I believe in feminism, and I can't imagine any kind of human being uninterested in how they come across to the desired sex, or, fitting in, to some degree or other. I feel like OP's concern is as valid as any other (plus I think she's on the young side, no?).

That said, I appreciate what you're saying. This poster's right, OP: turning the tables thing is a good idea - you've got power here, too. And it's true, a guy who'd fixate on stretch marks is not worth it.
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    ...and to think I've spent the last twenty years loathing and covering up something nobody but me thought was that important. What an eye-opener. I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Thank you:heart:
  • AmberEnriquez2
    AmberEnriquez2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HAHA to that Kat Williams Quote!!! Too Funny..

Okay so personally I think that if you are even with someone that cares about something physical like that they have problems..on the other hand you probably are just beating yourself up over it..BEAUTY comes from within and YOU need to act like they arent even there..I know it sounds hard to do but you can still lose weight and be confident and dress sexy. I am a mother of 2 and have light ones just use some vitamin E serum and they will fade...and trust me even people with 10 kids have bounced back from having dark ones.either way kids or no kids..who cares what other people "THINK" You love yourself FIRST!!:happy: :happy: :wink:
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    I went a long time when I was younger after having my two boys feeling self conscious it was ridiculous to the point where I had to be covered until I was under the covers and the lights had to be out. Wow talk about adding to the mood NOT! Once I accepted myself for how I look and that the good person on the inside also projects outside I realized what I was doing. I see my life marks as beautiful because I got them from carrying a life inside me. It doesn't matter how you get them they are a part of you. So I took my image of myself to another level and decided to show just how sexy I really am and if my life marks are noticed and disliked by a man then honey there's the door don't hit yourself on the way out it's your loss not mine. I have better things to do with my time than to be bothered with a man that is only after perfection. Besides there is no such thing as perfect! All women and men are unique we all have our own beauties not flaws and those beauties are a part of us and I'd rather be proud, confident and secure in myself as a woman then walk around with insecurities about what you can't change its so unnecessary life is too short for that. Be confident be happy enjoy life and leave the negative self image behind..:wink:
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Meat is meat a man has to eat LOL but in all seriousness if i like her and i am attracted to her it doesn't matter.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have white stretch marks on my sides from gaining weight when I was younger, there's nothing wrong with them IMO
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I had my son at age 17, and have had stretch marks ever since due to that pregnancy. Granted, they have faded significantly, but they are still noticeable. I have never even considered what a partner might think of them, I have always considered them an insignificant 'flaw' and if any prospective partner told me otherwise I'd show them the door!
  • Christina8585
    Christina8585 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have horrific strech marks. Sad face...:sad:
    I hate them. :mad:
    I wish I could get rid of them. :explode:
    But I can't...:frown:
    So I have to just live life:drinker:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    my bf has more than i do and hes in way better shape than me. i used to be ashamed of the 3 on my left hip and the 2 right next to my belly button. but you know what?

20e7f440b4445587f4b4e4c089e0b960.jpg
    This ^ Be it through child birth or losing weight they are like battle scars, you got them from doing things that are honorable. It is best to love who we are and change what we can and embrace what we can't.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    my bf has more than i do and hes in way better shape than me. i used to be ashamed of the 3 on my left hip and the 2 right next to my belly button. but you know what?

^This is what i keep telling the Mrs <3
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks suck. Personally, I think they're pretty ugly. But most people seem to have them so we might as well just treat them as the fact of life that they are. I don't think stretch marks are going to be a deal-breaker for anybody but the most shallow perfectionist. There are so many more important things in life to worry about...:flowerforyou:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Why should you give a s**t about what men or anyone else thinks about you?!
    This.

Who gives a ****. Really. I got stretch marks from losing over 100lbs. If a female don't like it, then she can go kick rocks.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I had a few in my 20s from being big as a teenager and then losing loads. It never stopped me getting any male interest :smile:

I'm 35 now and have 2 children so a few more stretch marks, but just the silvery ones. My husband doesn't seem to even notice, or care.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

Great attitude. I'm gonna go with this one, when I reach my goal!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i don't mind, shape is more important than stretch marks.
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Mine have faded, but I've stretch marks all over my thighs, hips, breasts, and they are in such number that I'd swear they were obvious. Not from being overweight or anything, but just from growing - seriously, there is no reason on earth I should have stretch marks as I'm still a tiny wee thing, and yet I glisten in the light from them.

My mother, when I was visiting, saw them on my hips and was proceeded to make numerous *****y comments about them. When I mentioned this to my boyfriend he looked confused and asked "Wait, you have stretch marks?"

Conclusion: Men have tunnel vision when other things are on offer.
  • barbaramory
    Options
    Take 1/2 a cup virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup aloe vera gel, liquid from 6 capsules of Vitamin E, liquid from 4 capsules of Vitamin A. Mix all the ingredients together in a blender. After that, store the mixture in the refrigerator. Apply the oil externally all over the places where the stretch marks commonly appear (abdomen, hips, thighs and breasts).
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Conclusion: Men have tunnel vision when other things are on offer.

This.

I've lost over 70lbs, I have stretch marks (albeit fading) and a little loose skin on my tummy. Has a man ever commented on it? Nope!

In fact, men have never said anything but great things about my body, all the negative stuff has come from my own head (how dumb is that?).
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are like fingernails and ear rings. For the most part, only women notice them. :smile:

Lol love this
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Please be honest. I've been googling and a lot of men have said that stretch marks don't really bother them or don't even bother them at all. I find that hard to believe and I feel like guys just say that just to make the OP feel better about herself.

Men are far less critical of women's bodies than women are of their bodies.

I had a baby at 17 and have stretch marks. I have been involved with plenty of men over the last 19 years and only one has complained about my stretch marks.

However, he also complained that my boobs were too bog, I was "so much bigger" (at size 4) than his past girlfriends, my nose was too big and my teeth too crooked. He also cheated on me and cheats on the woman he married. He also was quite overweight with a hairy back.

So, I'm pretty sure my stretch marks were not really a problem.

Also, I just simply don't think about my stretch marks. Not worth the bother.