Makeup or No Makeup?

Options

Replies

• mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I much prefer very light makeup. That's my preference. My wife wears a little eye concealer, some lip gloss...done. But she has great skin and is quite attractive without, so that makes it much easier. I agree with faceoff - if you have a naturally pretty face, I want to see it.
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    My husband is a no make-up person as he prefers my natural look. I like natural looking make-up and do something more natural. If I do go dramatic, it's usually a smokey eye and some blush for an evening out, but nothing over the top.
  • BluddyHolly
    Options
    Men like what they like! Some dudes may be into women who wear a lot of makeup and some may not, it's just a personal preference. That being said, I think people (in general) would rather look at someone who's makeup is not too over bearing. Over bearing to me would be putting on eyeshadow, mascara, foundation, eyeliner, blush, and lipstick all together!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    personally I really DISLIKE makeup on a woman. Some eyeliner is ok, but really anything else I have a strong dislike for it.

also, lipstick is a turn off for me. Maybe im wierd IDK.

But I think lipstick would really bring out your eyes...

shh, that was a one time thing...and you gave me angel dust.

Admit it, it was fantastic, and you loved it--lipstick and all...
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    personally I really DISLIKE makeup on a woman. Some eyeliner is ok, but really anything else I have a strong dislike for it.

Oh I wont deny it, but you bite a bit too hard, it took weeks for the marks to go away.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Over bearing to me would be putting on eyeshadow, mascara, foundation, eyeliner, blush, and lipstick all together!

Yikes. That's like, half of my normal everyday makeup routine. Whoops.
  • Katrioustu
    Katrioustu Posts: 2,461 Member
    Options
    1355499628_mila-kunis-640.jpg

What do you think?!?
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    For the most part, I like to keep my make up natural looking. But when I get all dolled-up to go out, it looks a bit like this:

Heath-Ledger-The-Joker.jpg
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    My husband said one of the first things he noticed about me (other than my awesome rack...haha) was that my makeup was really natural looking. He had to ask if I was wearing any.
    He asked me the other night on Skype if I was wearing any and I had just washed my face so I was completely makeup free. He said I looked like I had eyeliner on. I RARELY wear eyeliner.
    I usually only put on a little blush (unless I have a nice tan, then I skip the blush) and some mascara. That's all.

He prefers natural no makeup or very little.

But when I get dressed up, put on a little eye stuff, and some hot red lipstick, he gets excited..... :blushing: :wink:
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love wearing makeup! I love buying new make up and taking my time putting it on. It's just a small pleasure of mine, so personally, I don't give a crap whether a man "hates makeup".

I will say that the way I do my makeup is very natural looking...foundation/powder (I was not blessed with naturally flawless skin), eye shadow, mascara, light blush and some lip gloss. I don't have a clown look or anything...but I do really like makeup. I would say that I am naturally pretty, but makeup allows me to play up my best features and I DEFINITELY notice that I turn more heads when I am wearing it.
  • Katrioustu
    Katrioustu Posts: 2,461 Member
    Options
    Anyone think Snooki looks better without make-up?

snooki-without-makeup.jpg
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

she actually looks MUCH better without it.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear make-up and my husband says he thinks I look better without it. I wear it if I go out, that's it. I think I'm wearing make-up in one of my profile pics.
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    I love makeup if its mineral makeup :) otherwise im all natural.
  • Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I prefer a natural look.

That may mean no make-up or very little make-up.

If a lady feels better when she is wearing it....fine by me.

Happy Lady.....Happy Life!!

Let's just not apply like war paint.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    < --- I look like crap without makeup and I really don't care. I might be a bit a swollen with sunburn but it's Florida, makeup doesn't do well here. If I need to glam up, I will. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I call BS too - I think men say they don't like makeup until they actually see a girl without makeup then it becomes clear they really do want some make-up. Just not clown style.
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options

she actually looks MUCH better without it.

MUCH MUCH better...and..yeah she's pretty fit nowadays
    snooki-weight-loss__oPt.jpg
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

Oh I wont deny it, but you bite a bit too hard, it took weeks for the marks to go away.

*chomp*
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    My honest guess is that men that say they like no makeup are actually referring to women with well-applied makeup. I would guess that if they were to post pictures of what they think are 'natural beauties' the majority of them would actually be wearing makeup.