Makeup or No Makeup?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I wear makeup all I wear is a light pressed powder, light blush, tinted lip balm and I curl my eyelashes. That's all. And I very rarely wear it. But, my husband still says he prefers no make-up. I ask him (before special events or performances), "Should I wear make-up" and he always says, "No, no make-up. You don't need makeup. You look beautiful without it." Sometimes I still wear it and I ask, "I decided to wear make-up. Do, I still look good?" And he says, "Yeah, you still look good. That's nice. It's very subtle. I just don't think you need to wear it." Sometimes I just curl my eyelashes and wear the tinted lip balm and it looks like I am wearing make-up. People think I'm wearing it when I'm not.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Men say they like no makeup until they see us with no makeup (no foundation, eyeliner, lipgloss...nothing). Then they're like "What happened to your face?"

^This
  • Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    For me, I wear make up. I love it, I love the process of putting it on, I love the thrill of buying new stuff, I love the excitement of being dolled up to go somewhere. I have day make up for work and night make up for going out. I even have volleyball make up which is mostly concealer with a high SPF.

As for if guys like it or not, I just date the guy that likes girls that wear make up. If a guy doesn't like a girl that wears a lot of make up he's probably not asking me out anyway.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Snooki looks better without the clownish makeup she's wearing in that picture, sure. Any woman would. But most women look better with at least SOME makeup. Even women with porcelain skin can improve their appearance with some eye makeup. That doesn't mean they're ugly without it. But makeup, when properly applied, is going to make almost any woman look better.

I also think the occasion matters, especially where men are concerned. If you're going to a ballgame or out for a casual meal, I'm sure men prefer that women not act like they're getting ready for the prom. But for a more formal work party, for example, men are going to notice and appreciate that you made an effort to look your best. When they say "natural," they mean cool it with the raccoon eyes and hot pink lips.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    make up tastes AWFUL...that's what women have to remember...men look at it and think I'm planning on sucking on that face later...that's going to taste AWFUL....and lipstick takes forever to get off my d!ck....women forget that men look at things differently...they don't look at your face and say "oh what a pretty painted canvas" no..they look and think...i have to eat that later....

- my opinion...as a woman...and yes I wear make up....i still know it tastes awful and I make sure to make up for it later.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    make up tastes AWFUL...that's what women have to remember...men look at it and think I'm planning on sucking on that face later...that's going to taste AWFUL....and lipstick takes forever to get off my d!ck....women forget that men look at things differently...they don't look at your face and say "oh what a pretty painted canvas" no..they look and think...i have to eat that later....

- my opinion...as a woman...and yes I wear make up....i still know it tastes awful and I make sure to make up for it later.

^THIS 1000%
  • __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options
    My honest guess is that men that say they like no makeup are actually referring to women with well-applied makeup. I would guess that if they were to post pictures of what they think are 'natural beauties' the majority of them would actually be wearing makeup.
    yep!
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Wear what makes you feel good about yourself. A man's opinion doesn't matter. A woman's doesn't either. If they care about you they care about more than what pigments you put on your face.

/endthread
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

If I wear make-up, I wash it off before sexy time. It's just better without it.
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My fiance isn't a fan. I rarely wear makeup, mostly because I'm lazy and think I look fine without it. But sometimes, like family events or nicer dates I'll wear a little bit of eye makeup. I don't usually wear foundation or lipstick.But when I do, he hates it!

I don't like the smell of makeup myself, maybe that's an issue?
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am always more attracted to women with makeup. To me, its a personal preference. However, with that said, I am not a big fan of lipstick, especially obnoxious colors. Done the right way gets my attention.

Makeup can make the dullest of faces very pretty, and attractive faces look like Bozo.
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options

:ohwell: I prefer men who don't try to eat my face anyway. :laugh:
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Are you all ready for my face? I'm gonna post my face now...

Like, I don't mind having no makeup.
    2v00hfq.jpg

But during the day, I like to have SOME makeup.
    2h4c9jt.jpg

And I have a lot of fun with bold makeup. Red lipstick is my FAVOURITE.
    2vmad8k.jpg

And sometimes, I like to pretend I'm a drag queen.
    11ke7at.jpg

Makeup is a form of art. Makeup is fun. Makeup can complete a look. When I'm wearing a cute dress and cute heels, putting makeup on my face just makes me feel that much more polished. It's not for anybody but myself. Sometimes I put on makeup out of boredom! It's just fun!!! And if someone else doesn't like it, I don't care! :)
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    To be honest it's going to depend on what kind of "makeup" the lady wears. If she wears 3 inches of makeup, fake eyelashes, lips three times the size of her normal ones with lipstick. Then you're gonna hear men say no makeup. But if you actually know how to apply makeup and you do the less is more concept, so you appear to be more natural, then they'll say no makeup because they can't really tell you're wearing it. I'm always wearing makeup, but it's subtle, so it looks natural.
  • BreeFeelinFree
    Options
    I think women are naturally beautiful without it, I have never worn, couldn't imagine putting that gunk on my face
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lzdm66DtXE1r6aoq4o1_500.gif
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Ok...I just had this debate with a friend. He swears that men prefer women who don't wear makeup. I call bull****...

What do you guys think?

When I hang with my guy friends who think of me as one of the guys, they make fun of women who wear makeup. The typical joke is "I wonder what you wake up with after a fun night" and they make the discusted face.

I guess if you need makeup wear it, if you don't need it, don't wear it.

I always wondered what I would look like with it on. I have never worn it.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My husband likes no make up.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Yet all the celebrities they fancied are dolled up to the nines...

What liars.

My ex used to say he liked the natural look best, yet he went out with me (!) and he's practically in love with Katy Perry.

I rest my case.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Makeup makes an awful stain on the pillow when we're taking care of business.