Squats made them bulky...

Options

Replies

• monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Eh... some people like muscle definition, others don't.

I think the ones that say they do not want to get bulky misuse the term. For me, I don't want a ton of muscle definintion, but that doesn't mean I don't want muscle.

I think these threads could stop any day and it wouldn't hurt my feelings any. let the cardio bunnies be cardio bunnies, let the lifters be lifters and let the ones that don't want to work out not work out.

I honestly couldn't care less, also be honest..majority of the women who have lost a lot of weight and who have seen amazing results due to heavy lifting did a lot of cardio prior to starting to lift. Everyone always seems to forget that part.

because a ton of muscle definition is super easy to get...sigh.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    What's with you judge mental people? Ever occur to you that maybe they WANT to be the way they are? That they're bulking for a reason?

No one tells you how you have to look or work yourself towards?
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Brb putting on yoga pants to enhance my butt and then pretending to squat for a pic.

hahaha.

also, I always am annoyed when I see it is bumper plates being used for the pic... like trying to make it look way more bada$$ than it actually is. I saw this one pic of a dude all ripped squatting with a ton of huge plates... in the end, though, they were 10 lb plates and it was only 125. Pffft. Taso can blow that *kitten* outta the water. So can Mexipino. Actually, so can I.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Saw OPs name was Sweaty_N_Hung. Ran to his profile to FR him. Saw his name was Sweaty_N_Hungry.

Can I sue for false advertising?

HAHAHA the best reply I have ever seen on here.

I am disappoint.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    The sad thing is it's really NOT THAT HARD to get a nice *kitten*. The lower body usually recovers very well and quickly from lifting, and makes some of the fastest gains and most visible changes when challenged.

Depends on where your body loses fat first/last.
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    Saw OPs name was Sweaty_N_Hung. Ran to his profile to FR him. Saw his name was Sweaty_N_Hungry.

Can I sue for false advertising?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    It's definitely a work in progress. I was doing cardio every day (but only for just over a half hour, so not too extreme) and strength training 3 days a week, and I'm on week 4 of a new routine where I only do a 15 minute cardio warmup on the days I do strength training. I am working more muscle groups than I was before. It was a little hard for me to break away from the cardio a little, only because I thought that the pounds would cling to me somehow, but I am really liking the strength training. I am still learning, as I'm new to some of it, but so far I love it. I enjoy my cardio days too -- don't get me wrong -- but I enjoy the days I do strength training more. Working out is about more than seeing the caloric burn; I am becoming stronger and hopefully soon I will see more muscle definition. I don't think my @ss will ever look like those ones, but hey, a girl can try. :smile:
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    The sad thing is it's really NOT THAT HARD to get a nice *kitten*. The lower body usually recovers very well and quickly from lifting, and makes some of the fastest gains and most visible changes when challenged.

Depends on where your body loses fat first/last.

Not at all. My statement is independent of fat loss, and I made no statements regarding fat loss. If you have fat covering those areas, of course you have to lose in order to the the lovely *kitten* beneath.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    i totally hope I NEVER look like that... said no one ever! Gorgeous!
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    IM AT WORK DAMMIT

THIS IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR MY LOINS
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    i totally hope I NEVER look like that... said no one ever! Gorgeous!

Whoa, speaking of...pretty badass biceps you got there... :wink:
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options

I think the ones that say they do not want to get bulky misuse the term. For me, I don't want a ton of muscle definintion, but that doesn't mean I don't want muscle.

I think these threads could stop any day and it wouldn't hurt my feelings any. let the cardio bunnies be cardio bunnies, let the lifters be lifters and let the ones that don't want to work out not work out.

I honestly couldn't care less, also be honest..majority of the women who have lost a lot of weight and who have seen amazing results due to heavy lifting did a lot of cardio prior to starting to lift. Everyone always seems to forget that part.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! LET'S TALK ABOUT GETTING THE WEIGHT OFF OUR *kitten* A LITTLE BIT, THE SITE IS MORE ABOUT "HEAVY LIFTING" AND 'SQUATTING" - OVER-RATED AND OVER TALKED ABOUT.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    null_zps7c290a4d.png

What I've learned from looking at this picture:
    Thanks to my squat *kitten*, no one will ever notice if i do that "duck face" thing in my pictures.

I can honestly say after seek that picture several times, I did not notice the face until you mentioned it.
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    ....leaves to go do more squats.
    I have the urge to smack some butts now. Thanks.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! LET'S TALK ABOUT GETTING THE WEIGHT OFF OUR *kitten* A LITTLE BIT, THE SITE IS MORE ABOUT "HEAVY LIFTING" AND 'SQUATTING" - OVER-RATED AND OVER TALKED ABOUT.

There's always one...
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

There's always one...

She's just jealous. ;)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Everyone has something that works for them. That was my point. I know cardio doesn't always work for everyone but everyone is different and to keep posting repetitive threads is pointless imo.

It's only pointless to people who don't want to hear it. Correcting misinformation is important, and the absurd idea that women are going to end up looking like men if they lift heavy weights is all over the place. There are new people joining this site all the time who have swallowed this notion that if they even look at an Olympic bar, they'll grow huge thighs. It's not that they don't WANT to lift weights; it's they're severely misinformed about what lifting does for the body.

I get multiple messages every single day from women who have read my profile (wherein I make my affinity for lifting pretty freaking clear) and have seen my before and after photos, and they can't believe that I lift heavy weights and eat lots of real food and have somehow managed not to grow a penis. A lot of them write me back after a few weeks and tell me how much they love lifting. That alone makes it clear that we need MORE of these threads in the main forums, not less. It is most definitely not pointless, and if it truly didn't matter to you, you wouldn't have even opened this thread, let alone bothered to post in it.

LOL at not growing a penis! Sorry your post is beautiful but that made me laugh so hard my coworker looked at me.
  • Sweaty_N_Hungry
    Options

because a ton of muscle definition is super easy to get...sigh.

Wow Monipie...you look amazing! Great job on all that hard work!
  • Sweaty_N_Hungry
    Options
    <---As for false advertising, MFP deciding to take the "RY" from Sweaty_N_Hung(ry).

I did have someone vouch for me...does that count?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

There's always one...

She's just jealous. ;)

Shame. She should try squatting heavy; always perks me right up.