10 minute jump rope Challenge - July

Options

Replies

• Janet_andpie
    Options
    Day 2 done! (gonna be spamming this thread, hope nobody minds)

Set off slower today, and was able to maintain a pretty constant speed this time. Only tripped maybe 4 or 5 times which is a huge improvement. I lost count of how many times I tripped yesterday. Sped up to full speed for the last 30 seconds.

Can't wait for day 3. ^_^
  • erky7
    erky7 Posts: 1
    Options
    Ten consecutive minutes of jumping rope is very difficult. You might want to aim for 10 total minutes. 30 seconds on with 15 seconds rest gets you 10 minutes of jumping in 15 total minutes. 30 seconds on with 30 seconds rest will get you 10 minutes of jumping in 20 total minutes. Aim for 45-60 revolutions per 30 seconds. Heart rate will stay up so you are getting the benefit, but more manageble for the novice. Good luck.
  • Herohorse
    Herohorse Posts: 108
    Options
    Day 2 done! (gonna be spamming this thread, hope nobody minds)

Set off slower today, and was able to maintain a pretty constant speed this time. Only tripped maybe 4 or 5 times which is a huge improvement. I lost count of how many times I tripped yesterday. Sped up to full speed for the last 30 seconds.

Can't wait for day 3. ^_^

Super! Amazing, good going!
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Day 1 and Day 2 done!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Ok ten minutes today but it was hard multiple trips per minut so I just tried to rest less than twenty seconds total per minute. I am going to try for 3x a week and try to do close to ten continuous minutes
  • clarissagrant
    Options
    I'm going to try for Ruby!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I did 10 minutes as a warmup to my strength training workout today. I wanted to do more as a cooldown but I just didn't have it in me after a 45 minute long full body strength workout.
  • Bellabof3
    Bellabof3 Posts: 4
    Options
    So, how is it going? I am just seeing this challenge.... I would like to try for the Bronze:glasses: :glasses:
  • dblack41
    dblack41 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What the heck will give it a try. Not skip roped for 20 years but just found my old rope in the garage. . Next post will be from my hospital bed :-)
  • Herohorse
    Options
    Day 1 and Day 2 done!

Terrific! :happy:
  • Herohorse
    Options
    Ok ten minutes today but it was hard multiple trips per minut so I just tried to rest less than twenty seconds total per minute. I am going to try for 3x a week and try to do close to ten continuous minutes

I have to admit I was probably tripping on average every 6 jumps today. I hope that will get better by the end of July.

Good for you for resting, and doing it! :smile:
  • Janet_andpie
    Options
    Day 3 done..... sort of. Was knackered from 10 miles cycling and a 2 mile run so I just kept tripping but I stumbled (not a pun) through 10 minutes.

Gonna try to do tomorrow's session first thing in the morning while I'm fresh I think.
  • Herohorse
    Options
    I'm going to try for Ruby!!

Whoohoo! Thanks for joining!
  • Herohorse
    Options
    So, how is it going? I am just seeing this challenge.... I would like to try for the Bronze:glasses: :glasses:

Sweet! Thanks for joining!
  • Herohorse
    Options
    What the heck will give it a try. Not skip roped for 20 years but just found my old rope in the garage. . Next post will be from my hospital bed :-)

Haha! Thanks for joining! Rest as much as you need, restarts are acceptable, and have fun! :happy:
  • Herohorse
    Options
    Day 3 done..... sort of. Was knackered from 10 miles cycling and a 2 mile run so I just kept tripping but I stumbled (not a pun) through 10 minutes.

Gonna try to do tomorrow's session first thing in the morning while I'm fresh I think.

Whoo! I would be tired, too!
  • Janet_andpie
    Options
    Dropping in. Days 4, and 5 done. Yesterday was OK, today sucked, woke up with DOMS and a resting heart rate 25% above normal, skipped like a sack of excrement. Having 2 rest days this weekend; very busy moving house!

Be back next week.
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do the Ruby challenge!!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I jumped ten min yesterday . My calves are too sore today- I could only jump two minutes- I don't want to be a wimp but I've got to stick to every other day and no calf raises at the gym
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I've been temporarily out of commission since getting into a minor motorcycle accident last Thursday. I did not suffer any injuries but I had a mild pain in my right hip and I wanted to wait for it to subside somewhat before I resumed normal activity. I feel confident resuming normal activity today so I'll get back on the wagon today.