I am going to GIVE UP like everyone else says

Options
1234568»

Replies

• BeckyW67
    BeckyW67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow. Ok, I'm a little new to this and just read the previous posts. If this was a joke, it gave me the opportunity to see that I'm not the only one that falls off the calorie wagon. That made me feel better. So, thanks. :happy:
  • cnr0905
    cnr0905 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    poor guy looking for motivation and u guys give him a hard time that he is being funny......u should be ashamed people!!!!! hahahahahaha
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    You should've gave up after eating just half of it. You ate the whole thing? The shame.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have a twisted sense of humor so maybe that's why I'm getting such a kick out of this and saw it as a joke thread right off the bat and my original assessment stands about this being a comedy goldmine.

OP was called out within three posts and said it was a Halloween size bag of M&Ms two times which really should've tipped people off. He also posted in the Introduce Yourself section even though he isn't new, mentions what a failure he is even though his ticker clearly shows he's doing a fantastic job and the crying smiley at the end was hilarious.

6 pages later people are still falling for it even though it has been well established this is not serious.←This part really cracks me up, knee-jerk posts based on reading the OP, taking it seriously and obviously not looking at the rest of the thread before saying "noooo don't". And I bet there will be more after this post.

suckers.jpg

leaping-lemmings-o.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRPZY58H5waec344k6qcolRxznf9BGMWOxmEQAIfSfB153EEqL
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    R6qrD.gif
  • valeriemcmichael77
    Options
    Wow, I'm still at the beginning. You have come so far. NEVER GIVE UP!!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, if you had an M&M Halloween pack in July you're probably gonna throw up soon anyways.

Was there anything fuzzy or wiggling in it?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I agree that you are being way too hard on yourself....one packet of candy does not equal failure especially if you look at your overall achievements. I'd hate to judge myself according to your standards because I would fall short weekly. Give yourself more pat on the backs for what you have done, keep your chin up and remember that you are human and will never be perfect in this lifetime.

I disagree you need to be harder on yourself. Please review the likes of Steve Martin, Woody Allen, and Gene Wilder for straight faced humor.
  • misstammy123
    misstammy123 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Too true!
  • tdotali
    tdotali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Dude! You avoided candy for 14 months and you call yourself a faliure?? It's a slip up. We ALL slip up. Take it as a learning experience.
    And you only have 2 lbs? How much have you lost already? Focus on what you've acheived and know that the number on the scale is not a representation of you! You are MUCH more then the number.
    If the number is going to cause you to spin out of control - then throw out the scale!! It's sooo not worth it. Measure your progress on how you feel. Afterall, aren't you striving for a feeling?

Take care and don't listen to the negative inner voices.
  • Marbump
    Marbump Posts: 5
    Options
    I am fairly new to MFP - what is a troll thread? I've seen the term in other posts, but I don't understand it. Thanks.
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    nooooooooooooo dont give up
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    popcorn.gif

This thread is so funny.... Really is, much needed entertainment after a crappy day at work
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.