For those who are coffee drinkers in the morning

Options

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I use a coffee grinder with dark roast beans and fill a carafe to the 10 cup line... then I drink most or all of the carafe.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    How many cups in the morning? and regular or decafe?

Also if you had to give up coffee for a month and just drink plain water in the morning could you survey?

1 strong cup, black. I have various teas for the rest of the day, though.

Sure. I sometimes have water now it's warmer.
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    Black coffee, two tsp of brown sugar and about 1 or 2 a day. I only give it up when I'm on break and have no need for it but I won't be for another month or so.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I drink it black, made with a bodum. In the summer, i drink about 3 cups a day, the rest of the year 1 or 2.

I gave up coffee cold turkey once a few years ago. For the first three weeks, i had bad headaches. For the next six months, i had bad headaches. Then i started drinking it again and the headaches went away and the coffee tasted good.
  • GameOfPounds
    GameOfPounds Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If I have coffee in the morning, I put 40 g of light condensed milk (44 cals) and two sweetener tablets or 1 tsp of sugar if I don't have sweeteners! :D

I may have coffee at a later time of the day or not at all. It helps me control my appetite because whenever I want to taste something,I just take a sip of coffee and that's it :)
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I could survive with out my daily coffee.
    I drink one 16 oz cup a day in the morning.
    I use to drink about a pot of coffee a day.but have cut down. I did experience that caffeine headache withdraw for about two days.
    I drink it plain, till recently I have been making bullet proof. which is high in MCT.
    My eye opening moment was when I actually measured how many ounces my coffee mug held. It was not the 8 oz as I thought but 16oz. :drinker:
  • sirrahsim
    sirrahsim Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have about one strong cup a day with half and half and splenda. I can always tell if I brewed it too light or forgot all together because I will have a POUNDING headache by about 1pm.
    I am terrified to give it up when I go off to boot camp next year!
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    i used to have regular instant coffee creamy and sweet at least 3 mugs in the morning and maybe another 8 in all every day until a month ago.... started eating healthier just have 1 in the morning and no more. I used to have it to stay awake but since eating regular healthier meals i find i have no trouble staying awake :)
  • NightMagic5
    NightMagic5 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I grind my own regular coffee beans every morning & have 2 cups. Later on in the morning, I grind enough for another two cups.
    If I had to go 30 days without my coffee, I would not be a happy camper but I would survive.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    If I gave up coffee the kids and hubby would leave home. They know not to talk to me till i've had my first cup. Only drink about 3 cups a day - all black and caffeinated. The chemical used in decaffeinating can affect psoriasis so I avoid it even though I would prefer to drink it.
  • mrspierson
    mrspierson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have any of you ever tried Click Espresso Protein drink? (Not paid sponsor or anything, I just really like it.)

I have it for breakfast a lot, it gives me the caffeine boost and is tasty at the same time.

(https://drinkclick.com/)
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have a few cups of DD coffee, at store or in my Keurig. My doctor told me recently, if it wasn't making me anxious, no reason to stop, no real ill effects since I was healthy overall. I do try to drink tea also, but coffee gets me going in the morning and even if I have it at 6pm, can fall asleep just fine. Luckily it doesn't effect me that way.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I try to have only one cup of regular coffee a day, mixing it with a small pack of creamer. Once in a blue moon, I'll have two cups but that's only if I'm really dragging in the morning.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have roughly 5 cups of good ol' regular coffee throughout the entire day. One before my morning gym ritual, two more following around lunch, and two during work hours (at night). Honestly, I don't know how in the hell I'm able to sleep when I get home. I could survive without my coffee, BUT, I'm not a very nice person without it. :-)
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    I grind my own regular coffee beans every morning & have 2 cups. Later on in the morning, I grind enough for another two cups.
    If I had to go 30 days without my coffee, I would not be a happy camper but I would survive.

I was like that.. everyone avoided me haha... major headaches the first 3 days though :glasses:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Fully, totally and happily addicted to coffee, black, strong. 3 cup minimum in the a.m. with at least 1 or more cups during the day. I have no plans to change.
    :drinker:

oh yeah, drives my husband nuts that I can have coffee after dinner and still go to sleep with no problems.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 16 ounce cups of coffee with skim. Or a Venti skim latte from Starbucks. Always the caffeine version, no sweetener.
  • chepai
    chepai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started drinking coffee a few years ago and finally have gotten the right 'taste' for what I like. I drink a 2-3 cup coffee travel mug in the morning with 1 scoop of organic coconut sugar, about 1-2 TBS of almond milk sweetened, and 1 creamer cup of flavored creamer. I used to put more stuff in my coffee that made the calories about 120. Now I'm at 60ish and happy with it.

The rest of the day I drink water, can of D. Pepsi (which I'm going to get rid of soon), and now I've picked up drinking a cup of peppermint tea.
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I drink 16oz of French pressed coffee in the morning, with a splash of milk. I have been caffeine-free for about 3 months when I was working with a naturopath to helped my stressed out adrenal glands, so yes, I know I could go without coffee again. The first three days were nasty - headaches as bad as a migraine, but after that it was awesome. I just love the taste of coffee, and decaf still stimulates adrenals, so felt that I may as well have the real thing.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I do 2-3 cups of strong hot espresso made from fresh organic beans, with a generous amount of soymilk to top it off. I don't use sweetener anymore, even stevia, and I think that it's been good for my cravings to not start out my day with something sweet. :) Sometimes I blend it with a little cinnamon in my vitamix and it gets bubbly and frothy like a latte. :)