Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I suppose I qualify.....

524770_139307886255579_303918974_n.jpg
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    should be titled pasty girls

No it should not be titled "pasty girls". "Pasty" implies that there is something wrong or undesirable about being pale which none of the serious replies to this post uphold. There are plenty of people who find pale skin to be beautiful and just because obviously you are not one of them, doesn't mean that you have to comment negatively.

If you don't 'get' that some people like pale skin, then just shrug your shoulders and move on. Just because you don't like 'pasty' girls doesn't mean that no one else does. Why are you in this thread in the first place? A better place for you to be would be at the local mall or any other place where over-tanned orange chicks hang out.

I think he was just teasing. I get called "pasty" all the time, by other pasty people.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I currently have what I call a tan.

Now "ivory" foundation is a good match. :laugh:
  • supersparklies
    supersparklies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty pale. The sun turns me a darker pink though. I love Nicole Kidman's pale skin. For the life of me I don't know how to post a picture of her though.
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm as pale as it gets hahah
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    I'm very pale! :o
  • inksyrup
    inksyrup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just a ghost checking in to say that I love being pale. C:
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I love being fair. I was born white and want to stay that way!

OMG! hahahaha :laugh: :laugh:

move on this is 21st century...your skin colour hardly matters....nobody likes or dislikes your because of it...

Ummm... that's not what I was referring to. I don't want to ruin my skin with tanning. Hence wanting to stay as natural as I was when I was born.

I understood what you meant here. I think there are those who can tan and those who can't. When I was growing up tans were very glorified and we used to lie out and bake ourselves. I was one of those who should not have been tanning..... and as a result I did damage and ended up years later with a grade 3 malignant melanoma. I now feel it is important to celebrate what we are and can be,,,,,,,,, I can be very pale but, I can not healthily be tanned :-)

Edited to add a very necessary DERRR
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Here are my fat pale legs lol that is the only shade my legs have ever been and the rest of me is very pale too.. my face and arms get a very little tan during the summer but then it fads quickly. Long live the pale and beautiful!!! LOL

DSCN2494_zpsecbd1874.jpg
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    319032_10151345390174714_1587363800_n.jpg

hahaha..... *hides* yes this was me a few months ago :tongue: i am tanned atm tho! :glasses:
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    pale + stretch marks..... no go.
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    Hahaha!
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Here are my fat pale legs lol that is the only shade my legs have ever been and the rest of me is very pale too.. my face and arms get a very little tan during the summer but then it fads quickly. Long live the pale and beautiful!!! LOL

DSCN2494_zpsecbd1874.jpg

time for a new mattress..
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I can do without the blue/green veins showing through though.
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    The colour ivory is the lightest in rimmel foundations & it's too dark for me..
  • Embostar
    Embostar Posts: 5
    Options
    Hahaha I'm a natural redhead, and my skin practically radiates white the moment I step out into direct sunlight.
  • inksyrup
    inksyrup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've lived in California for over a year now, and my skin still looks the same as it did when I left Minnesota!

Also, I found this photo of me and one of my good friends. It's almost funny how we glow in the sun.

2qm27nb.jpg
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all of the comments (so many). I am also fair skinned and I don't tan. I've been wearing sunscreen and wearing hats since I was 12. That's how I keep my skin youthful.

I don't think people universally dislike pale skin. Different people have different preferences. I think many of us just like natural. So, whatever skin color is natural for you, is lovely just the way it is. Pale is not the best descriptive word because it implies colorless and other such things. I have light skin, but I have dark eyebrows/lashes, rosy cheeks, freckles, pink lips, and a little bit darker color to my eye lids. I have very light skin, but there are plenty of people replying on here that are lighter than I am (based on what they are saying).
  • TheSummerProject13
    Options
    I love being pale, having red hair I think it would look awfully odd if I wasn't =0