Time for us Moms! Group

Options

Replies

• britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Cori - I HATE when Journey has a temperature. She was sick about two weeks ago (caught my cold, if you remember) and her temp was up to about 103. The sirst time she every got sick it rocketed to 105. I about flipped my lid. Anyway, this time it wasn't as high, but her heartbeat was so fast , I couldn't count it. You guys know I'm back in school for a nursing degree, and it makes me feel better to be able to do things like that on her when she's sick. Makes me less panicky. I'm glad your girl is feeling better. Sick kids are the pits.

Lisa - Nice push for your workout this morning. I would have taken full advantage of the sick card and stayed in bed! haha! Kudos to you, girl.

I'm at work right now, and I'm so glad this morning went the way it did. I've been pushing to get one of our students moved to a different unit, and they finally approved it. I'm glad because she's the main problem in the classroom, and no matter what we try it never gets any better. She's also the main reason why I hate my job. Plus all of the girls are going on a therapy hike tomorrow, which means I get a day to myself in the classroom to get other stuff done, which is definitely needed!

This might be TMI, but I recently quit smoking (I know, I know... and I NEVER did it around the baby, or inside our house or cars) and now I'm all plugged up... you know, intestinally. I don't know how to get stuff moving around in there! I know that's why I gained a pound last week. I haven't had a good poo in like two weeks. Any suggestions?

Kaitlyn
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Kaitlyn - First, make sure you eating plenty of fiber and drinking plenty of water. I had the same problem when I switched my eating habits and tried some of the orange flavored metimucil (you take it 3 times a day) and the activia yogurt. It seemed to do the trick and things were moving on through again! I'm still using those daily so I don't have to worry about a relapse so to speak.
  • CGerman
    Options
    Kaitlyn - I forgot the most important part; GREAT JOB quitting smoking!!!!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Kaitlyn - I agree with Cori. Drink plenty of water. And yay!! Congrats on taking that step. It is huge! Yay for having that student changed too, hope you have a productive day in your quiet classroom. :) LOL The old me would have taken advantage of not feeling well, but I don't know where she disappeared too. :D

I need a babysitter. Not really, just have to go grocery shopping with all the munchkins and not looking forward to it.
  • Ferdiebirdy
    Ferdiebirdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm so behind, and I swear I'll catch up, but I just got the flipping best news EVER! They may be sending Matt home a month early which means in the next few weeks! I'm so stoked! I'll catch up I swear I just had to share :)

Hope ya'll are having a good day :)
  • CGerman
    Options
    Heather - that' exciting news - you've gotta be over the moon! When will you know for sure?

I took the day off today, hoped to catch up on some homework and maybe hit the pool. I've been sick since last night, some kind of stomach bug, and I'm not feeling like it. Ugh I hate missing work when I'm sick, feels like a wasted day. Hope I feel better soon so I can take advantage of the weekend.

You ladies have any fun plans for the weekend?
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    hi ladies,
    Happy friday, my husband has been home all week and it is harder to stay on track when he is home, but have love spending the time together while the kids are at school. Anyway I stepped on the scales this morning and I am down another pound YEAH.
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Heather - yay! that is so cool

Cori - sorry you don't feel well. Yup, I feel you on a wasted day too

Mommie - I love my husband, but he disrupts my routine so much when he is home. Great job on the pound gone!

Another week gone already. I'm amazed at how quickly they go. 3 more weeks left and then we'll be done. Dropped 1.4 lbs in 3 days. Yes! The church ladies and I are almost done with the Start it Up DVD and starting Ramp It Up on Sunday, so I need to go finish watching it to see how much more difficult it is. Only weekend plan is a birthday party tomorrow afternoon. Oh, and I have to bake 8 dozen cookies for a fundraiser tomorrow. Thank goodness for prepackaged cookie dough. Hopefully I can just throw them in the oven and do something else as they bake. LOL The boys and I went to the beach today for about 20 minutes. Yup, that was it. It was foggy and cold and the waves were brown when they were breaking. Yuck! They dug for a little bit, but eventually we just called it a day. This may be the only time I miss Southern California.

Lisa
  • ChasTnchick
    Options
    Bogmoma, yes ma'am!! I have gotten back on my routine and already shed those two pounds!! It is hard when you rush straight from work to go to a fair that has nothing but greasy food!! But it is back to the grind in which I love!! It makes you feel sooo much better after working out!!

Thank you all for the support!!!
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Bogmoma, yes ma'am!! I have gotten back on my routine and already shed those two pounds!! It is hard when you rush straight from work to go to a fair that has nothing but greasy food!! But it is back to the grind in which I love!! It makes you feel sooo much better after working out!!

Thank you all for the support!!!

LOL. Excellent job shedding those 2 lbs already! Absolutely makes you feel so much better. You are welcome!
  • britishstar41
    Options
    Yesterday morning I was really upset. I got on the scale and I had gained another 3 pounds, brining my gain total to almost 4 pounds. I got on here, looked at my food diary, looked at my exercise, and couldnt figure out why the **** I had gained so much weight. I considered binging. I considered eating al of the junk I wanted but knew I shouldn't have. But I didn't; instead, I went swimming and I continued to count my calories. I got back on the scale this morning and I'm back down those four pounds! That makes me feel so much better. I think I might start weighing myself more than just once a week. If I happen to be bloated or something on that one day (like I obviously was yesterday) then it kills my entire motivation. I expect fluctuation, of course, but seeing it dip at least once a week will keep me plugging along.
  • CGerman
    Options
    Kaitlyn - Nice job resisting! It's tough to stay motivated when you aren't seeing the results you expect. I know I shouldn't, but I weigh myself every morning. I only log it once a week (Sunday); good, bad, or indifferent. I like seeing the flucuations and it gives me a feel for how my body responds to different things. About 2 weeks ago I changed my diary setting for sodium - I changed the goal from 2500 to 1600 and have tried to stay under the 1600 every day. It's tough - stupid sodium is in everything, but I've managed to stay at about 1100 a day and it's made a huge difference in my weight loss. You're doing great - hang in there. As a bonus, won't be long before it starts cooling off so working out won't feel like such a chore - I have no idea how you do it in the heat in St. George!!!
  • britishstar41
    Options
    Well, that's the thing, C. I haven't been working out at all (save for the occasional swim) because of the heat. It's still triple digits at midnight, and as early as 7am. I have every intention of walking the hill from our apartment up to the main road which would be a 3 mile round trip. But for now, you're not getting me outside. I've lost these first 23 pounds simply by cutting my calories. It's coming though... today we were only in the 90s. A few more weeks!
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Kaitlyn - good job not giving in. Phew! That is hot!

Cori - great advice. And holy moly! I don't know how you can stay under 1100 mg. That rocks!

I too weigh in every morning. It helps me to know if I am drinking enough water and eating enough calories (that is my issue with all of these workouts). I agree with checking your sodium, I try to stay in between 1800 and 2500 mg. I am kind of dreading this new DVD for Slim in 6. I know I will like it once I do it, it's just intermediate compared to the first one and a bit longer. We are completed our workout this morning for P90X - it was our last Chest and Back and I was lifting 25s for most of the back exercises. We are on the home stretch now! LOL Hubby is starting a Fit Club at his school site tomorrow with the teachers and so he has been previewing (and doing!) a couple of videos to see what he is going to do. It was funny watching him do Hip Hop Abs and Yoga Booty Ballet (the Burlesque Cardio tape!). He'll do Turbo Jam later. LOL And no, I did not join him!

Have a great Sunday!
  • kcampbell453
    kcampbell453 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Congratulations to all of you that have lost this past week or have even stayed on track. I've done pretty good, up until the weekend of course! It's so hard to stay on track with a hubby and 2 kids at home! I did really good throughout the days, but it's dinner and evening snacking that gets me into trouble. Anyone have any suggestions? It's so hard when you go out to eat. Well it's Monday, beginning of another great week! The church ladies and I are starting a new aerobics class tonight so I hope that will get me motivated to get moving! Have a happy week everyone!!
  • ChasTnchick
    Options
    Hello!! Stayed on track again, just really got in a bit of a slump when I was running around trying to do too much. Smart One's fruit inspiration orange sesame chicken is so tasty and fills me up so much better than most of the low fat frozen meals!! I accidentally bought an unhealthy dessert for myself instead of the 100 calorie ones!! I really need my family to come eat them!!

Miss Army Wife-(sorry it won't let me look back at your name while I'm typing a post) That is awesome that your hubby gets to come home a little sooner!!

British Star- I defintiely know how you feel when you the scale shows something you don't want to see, especially when you are doing so well. Those 23 pounds are already an amazing accomplishment!!

BOGmama- I wish I had your motivation for workouts!! I have woken up late the past 4 days leaving me no time before work to workout!! That is, if I want to make it to work on time lol. Watching people succeed helps me with my motivation. It shows you can do this, just need to get in a better frame of mind!!

KCampbell-It is really hard when you feel like you're the only one in your house hold who is dieting! I put everything I am allowed on my plate then make myself not go back for seconds. When I go out to eat, I either have a salad, or a grilled meat with veggies. As far as snacks, I keep myself some healthy snacks so when I have the urge, I am allowed to have a little. I have a picky 2 year old who never eats, so I keep some of her unhealthy snacks for her when I can't get her to eat. Seeing them, I want one bgtu just grab my healthier snack. Mixing them up so you don't get tired of the same ones makes it easier as well.

Hope everyone is having a great day so far!! Good luck Mommies!!
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    K - if you know you are going out to eat here's a couple of things I would do. First, see if there is a menu online for where you are going. Choose what you are going to eat beforehand and enter the calories in your log. Then, plan the rest of your day eating wise so that you don't go over! The weekend if hard for me because I would rather fast than eat the carbolicious foods at our church's potluck. So, I end up either undereating on Saturday because of that or trying to cram a whole bunch of my calories at the end of the day (between picking up a 79 year old man, church school before worship, potluck - which is the only social event the 79 year old gets each week so I can't skip it, and dropping him back off at home I'm gone for 5 hours). I do pack a couple of snacks, but it still leaves lunch and dinner to be eaten when I get home in the afternoon. Sunday, I go to work and it's a little bit better. I love that you are going to work out with some church ladies. What are you gals planning?

Chas - check out my blog and see what I posted a couple of days ago about how I was 5 months ago. This has been a 180 degree change for me. Never would I have imagined myself getting up at 5:30 to work out. You can do this! I have to make sure that I go to bed early enough though since I really need my sleep. If you haven't already eaten some, maybe you can take the dessert back to the grocery store.

School started today. It's just before noon and the boys are done! Yay! I am so going to love 4th grade. Not sure what we are going to do this afternoon. Thinking a swim if it stays sunny and maybe a bike ride. :D And a nap to get rid of this headache I have had since 6. Grrrrrr. On the workout front - the next DVD in Slim in 6 is nice and intense. I am having a hard time convincing the ladies that they need to track their calories. Exercise alone will not drop the weight if you are eating whatever you want during the day.

Happy Monday!

Lisa
  • Ferdiebirdy
    Ferdiebirdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello to my favorite group of Mommy's on here :) I swear I didn't forget about ya'll things have just been nutters here! Those of you who can see my diet on here, ignore it for the next few weeks. It's gonna get ugly. I'm cleaning out the cupboards. The USAF shorted us $1000 this payday, so basically I'm going to be eating what we can find, and eating cheap, until we can afford groceries again. Thank goodness I never got around to tossing everything. It's quite sad that it's hard to eat healthy and cheap. If anyone has healthy cheap recipes hook me up. I seriously have like NO $ after we pay the bills. NICE. Oh well once Matt is home he can straighten it all out.

Lisa- I read your blog about avoiding the cookies! Good for you! I think I ate 4 that same day, lol. I wish I had your will power :)

Chas- MMMMMMM orange chicken, one of my best friends makes KILLER orange chicken, but I'm sure it's not near are good for me as smart ones! I might have to try them(once i'm not SO broke, anyhow) Good for you staying on track! I'm so not good at that, but I keep plugging away anyhow!

K- I agree with Lisa, if you can plan ahead. Also do you have a cell phone that has the net? In a pinch I'll look up the food info while I'm there to make the best choice. I try to avoid fried at all cost! One of my favorite evening snacks that feels almost like cheating is

Kaitlyn- I think relief is just around the corner, I've noticed it's a bit cooler here in the morning, it used to be in the 90's by the time I finished working out and it's now maybe in the 70's so slowly but surely it's getting there :)
  • CGerman
    Options
    Heather - That sucks! And I totally agree, it sucks that it's so much cheaper to eat unhealthy. I know since we've been watching what we eat my grocery bill has gone through the roof. I can relate, being the sole income for a family of 7 means I'm always getting creative with money. Luckily a couple family members have huge gardens and have hooked us up with loads of veggies which helps.

Lisa - Hope you got rid of your headache! Sounds like a good start to the school year for your boys. I got a good chuckel the other day out of you saying your hubby was doing Hip Hop Abs and Yoga Booty Ballet - I don't think I could pay mine to do that. :laugh:

Chas - I had the healthy choice cafe steamers orange chicken the other day - you should give that one a try, yummmy! Slumps are going to happen from time to time, it's tough as a mom to remember to make yourself a priority.

Kcampbell - the exercise group at church sounds fun! If my hubby wasn't doing this with me, I'd really be in trouble. I don't trust myself to have snacks around, I have no will power. Maybe have some healthy snack options around for you so you've got more choices? I agree with looking up what to eat before you head out. We've really had to limit our eating out - now that I'm watching my calories when I see what's in some food I used to eat I just don't think it's worth it. I can't help but think how long I'd have to workout to burn it off :laugh:

It was a pretty good weekend, although the weather was a little strange. It's pretty chilly today, I'm wishing I brought a jacket to work. I'm glad to feel fall in the air - but nervous about keeping up with my workouts when it isn't as nice out. Hope everyone has a great week!!
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Heather - what a tease! You left it at "my favorite evening snack is" and then didn't finish it. LOL Sorry hon about the short. That stinks! I expected hubby's check to be around $3K last month when he got paid and it was $617. Thank God we have money in savings to cover the summer months. I hit Grocery Outlet as much as I can, but even then they are not always the cheapest. I routinely pay $60 there for about a week's worth of groceries and then still hit our local store during the week for milk, etc. for another $30. I think it is always around $100 a week that I spend.

Cori - YBB I was just laughing. Burlesque style?! Are you kidding me? Hip Hop Abs, we were laughing more at Shaun T. After my shower last night I came out and he was doing Turbo Jam. Now, that one might have me hooked. I love Chalene. He starts his Fit Club tonight. I'm excited to see what the teachers thought of Hip Hop Abs.

Off to do the workout with the ladies and unfortunately all 3 boys in tow. Talk to you later!

Lisa