For those who are coffee drinkers in the morning

Options
12346»

Replies

• willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    In the morning it is regular coffee with a touch of stevia for me.
  • jakjosh3
    jakjosh3 Posts: 1
    Options
    2-3 cups, regular with creamer
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    French Vanilla Creamer!!!!! It's my downfall. I drink so much coffee and I use French Vanilla creamer in it! I live in the Netherlands and it isn't sold here except on the US PX/Commissary. So I have to get someone I know to buy it for me. So they buy as many bottles as they can for me. I currently have 10 bottles in the fridge. But since starting MFP, I have realized that I got to cut down my coffee intake as the creamer is killing me in the maximum SUGAR daily total. Kinda sucks because I'm having a hard time reaching all other totals, including calorie intake.

I would only give it up if I HAD to (I'm thinking gun point). I drink 2 cups with French vanilla creamer every morning and water for the rest of the day. It fits into my macros/cals. Pretty much my philosophy on all things I love - and it hasn't slowed down my weight loss.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    How many cups in the morning? and regular or decafe?

Also if you had to give up coffee for a month and just drink plain water in the morning could you survey?

I log one cup in the morning, but drink 1/2 and drink the other 1/2 when I come home from work. Yes, I could survive without coffee, but I know I would get a migraine at first. i also love coffee and since I don't think it hurts me, I have no intention of giving it up. I quit smoking many years ago and am steering clear of sugar, so I have to keep a few things I enjoy.

Editing this to add regular coffee, espresso, Turkish, or another dark roast, with nothing added to it.
  • EndorphineReceptive
    Options
    I have coffee throughout the day while working... It gets me over that circadian dip in the early afternoon.
  • vec2013
    vec2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I drink a few cups of dark roast a day. I have giving it up i the past with no issues. I have a harder time giving up wine!
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-3 cups a day. I use fat free hazelnut right now. I am about to switch to sugar free hazelnut after the creamer runs out. I think I could do without coffee. It would take some getting use to. It was hard not drinking it while I was pregnant. I did have a few cups during that time... Oh and I drink regular.
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I drink three cups of coffee a day. I have 2 cups when I wake up with French Vanilla creamer. I do not count this on MFP (yes, I know that's a no-no, but I didn't count it when I did WW either, and both times I still lost 50 lbs). The way I figure it--the creamer in the coffee is not what's causing me to gain weight: it's all that other crap I put in my body.

My third cup of coffee I have a work with powdered creamer and no sugar. I CAN give it up, and I have before, but it is like my little treat to myself EVERY day. I love my coffee!!!
  • Jaine86
    Jaine86 Posts: 36
    Options
    I have one cup for breakfast and another around mid morning to early afternoon and NO I can not survive with out coffee!
    I am defidently addicted I just cant get going with out it.
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I allow myself one cup of indulgent sugar-and-creamer coffee every morning. I gave up sweet tea, something I swore that I would die without, in order to keep that one cup of coffee. For years, I ate very little, usually just the evening meal, but drank my calories in sweet tea and coffee with a dry cereal snack. Since being diagnosed with hypothyroid, I've tried to do better and have discovered that simply changing from drinking to eating real food has helped. I do sometimes treat myself to another cup of coffee or hot tea if I have calories left at night, but cut the sugar with Truvia for those.

I never thought I'd survive without sweet tea, and have for 3 weeks so far, but I think giving up that morning cup of coffee would be the straw that broke the camel's back!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon. i don't understand decaf coffee. or tea.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    How many cups in the morning? and regular or decafe?

Also if you had to give up coffee for a month and just drink plain water in the morning could you survey?
    what does this mean - if i had to give it up would you survive (I assume that's what you mean?)? Of course we would survive. if for some reason all the coffee in the world disappeared, or a terrorist held me captive for 30 days and would not (despite the Geneva Convention) bring me coffee - yeah, i would survive. but why do this?

anyway, i drink 1 cup in the AM before the gym (french press-italian or french beans, with a splash of low fat milk. usually cold or ice).
    another cup (instant with splash of low fat milk) at work. sometimes a third cup or turkish coffee (no milk and just weaned myself off the sugar).
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I used to hate coffee but now I need it, 3 cups before I leave the house but I stop around 3pm cos it tinkers wi the old bladder lol
  • Fletchw8
    Fletchw8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I typically have two cups in the morning, Years ago I would finish a pot of coffee before going to work and pick up another cup on the way. Now two cups gets me by and I think that I would survive without it but........why.