Do you exercise everyday?

Options
124»

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    7 days a week. If i don't lift weights everyday I start feeling very uncomfortable :/

People who say they don't have the time. It takes an hour of your time. There's at least 1 hour per day in everybody's life where they are doing absolutely nothing (sitting down watching tv etc), when they could be exercising. No excuses!

:flowerforyou: This :heart:
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Water-rower 7 days a week - Weights 6 days a week - Bike 4 days a week .
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how often people exercise, I am aiming to do an hour a day without no rest day.
    What do you think?

You do what works best for you and your body.

As for me, I run 5-6 days a week. I also do weight/ strength training and floor exercises at least 5 days a week.

Average length of workout is between 40 - 60 min., depends on what I do that day (in terms of run mileage/distance, etc.).

Personally I need a rest day or two during the week. If not, my body will definitely rebel.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Everyday, but I really mix it up: some days biking hills, sometimes flat. I do Zumba, varying intensities of elliptical. Some walking on light days when I need a break.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    No, I don't exercise daily.
    anywhere from 3 - 6 days listen to ur body
    ^^ kinda the same here ^^
    I lift weights 2-3 times a week, and a 2-3 times a week I go for a brisk walk or ride my bike to Target or the the Pet store (I am close enough to a few stores I can bike for my errands)., or a more intense gardening (lots of weeding or moving dirt, etc)

So I am "purposefully" exercising about 3 days a week and about 2 days a week, I just 'active',
    I have 1-3 days a week of total rest days depending on my health.
    I have chronic Migraines and some weeks I get almost no exercise.

with taking all the rests an not working out hard I still lost my weight on the timetable I had planned, I have lost 5% body fat (28% down to 23%)
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Start as you intend to go on. I workout 4x/week because I can commit to that.
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. In my opinion cardio every day is just fine for most people, as long as your body isn't telling you otherwise. If you're following a lifting routine you DO need to take time off to recover from that. But just cardio? You're probably fine.
  • hendrixm59
    Options
    I have very bad knees so I rarely exercise but I'm still losing weight, 21 LBS so far.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I have one or two rest days from the gym/classes, but I generally use up a lot of energy on my days off taking my young kids out for walks/to the park/to soft play etc. My job involves standing up all day and moving around too (teaching).
  • Bnewman410
    Bnewman410 Posts: 44
    Options
    Not in the sense of going to the gym... but I only take the stairs at work no elevators and spend plenty of time running, and dancing with my toddlers.
    Maybe when they are older I can get to some classes :)
  • Ljordan_fitflow
    Ljordan_fitflow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    yes. i exercise almost every day but I vary my intensity. No one day is exactly the same. On a day that I don't feel like working out I do a short 12 min high intensity work out and i'm done.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Nope, I workout efficiently not excessively. If you're trying to lose weight then more focus should be put on your diet. Exercise is for fitness. Now if you love exercise and you want to do it everyday then I say go for it, but you don't have to. Do what works for you and make sure it's something you can do long term and don't get burnt out on. A big mistake people make is doing to much too fast and they get burnt out on it.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    No. Twice a week, hour and a half each session. That does it for me. But then again, I also hate exercise, so that's about my limit.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    2 - 3x per week for me. I work full-time and run a business that keeps me running around plenty.
  • pfizur
    pfizur Posts: 1
    Options
    I go for a walk through town with my son during the day then at least 3 miles around the lake by myself at night. I call this fairly lite exercise, but it adds up and so far it's working!
  • karapara21
    karapara21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I also excercise twice a day everyday.
  • Sally4020
    Sally4020 Posts: 3
    Options
    I try to do 3-5 miles a day of brisk walking at least 5 days a week. I am 61, have always had to battle my weight. After loosing 50 pounds and keeping it off with diet and exercise, i sprained my ankle and possibly tore a ligament. It took over a year to heal. I quit walking, got depressed, didn't eat right (went back to old eating habits) and gained 20 pounds. I am really upset with myself for letting that happen after all the hard work I had put into getting the weight off and getting into better shape. Now I have to start all over again. I have just started walking again first thing in the morning. My advice is to fit it into your day if you can. Weights too. It helps with your mood, you known you have done something good for yourself, and all that work makes you think about feeding yourself right so you don't negate all the exercise. Be good to yourself! Make the time for yourself. Listen to music or podcasts while you are exercising. Think of yourself, your body, your muscles, your long-term health goals.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I Have a 4 day cycle
    day 1 : recovery. No intens workouts. I usually do my warm-up and stretching/yoga. I intend to pick up some running also on that day but I haven't yet.
    Day 2: is low intensity. I do my warm-up , some light exercises. watch my HR so it doesn't go to high. After that I do a comlete Yoga session
    Day 3 is moderate intensity. Warm-up , I exercise. Look up the limit and stay on it the entire time. afterwards small yoga sessions. To relieve my muscles from any tensions so my body relaxes

Day 4: high intensity. Warm -up. I exercise and push myself hard. As hard as I can while keeping good form and no real discomforts or pains. afterwards a small yoga session to relax my body.

Rest days are important. If you don't let your body repair itself you will only harm yourself. Some may recover faster then others tho.
    Warm ups and cool downs are always good. I only started recently with a good warm up and cool down. and works great.

A warm up aint the same as swinging your arms around and then just start exercising.

and far most just listen to your body. as soon it starts to hurt or give you discomfort you should listen to it and give it some rest before you start again.

I always rate my workouts with RPE(effort) , RPD(discomfort) and RPT (form)
    I keep RPD 3 or lower. 10 is pissing my paints because of the pain i am in.
    it's a good way to keep track of your workouts and see your progress next to writing down the number of reps you do.

Great advice - I'm going to use your rating scales :)
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you call exercise, I walk evreryday about 6-8 miles 5 of which is one walk so I do this everyday as it is very light exercise but if your doing a more intense workout then rest day would be important. If I do a very long walk which is around 18 miles I would rest the next day just to let my legs recover.

Very similar here. Walk about 50-60 miles a week and lift 3-4 days a week. Do some aerobic workouts for 10-15 minutes three timesaver week seems very doable and enjoyable and something I should be able to do for life.
  • fitnessfortash
    Options
    I also excercise twice a day everyday.
    That's awesome