• roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    7/2---2.6 miles
    7/3--3.3 miles
    7/4 rest
    7/5 2.8 miles
    7/6--3.7 miles
    Went over my goal of 10 miles this week! Super excited!
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    If my chronic ankle instability wasn't getting worse, I'd join you. But, as is, I may be able to do the next challenge a few months away.
  • Caveman94
    Caveman94 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm new here: I did a little biking recently! I am new to MTB. Just bought on last Sat. Since the 1st I've done:
    July 3: MTB 2.5mi casual with my 8yo Son
    July 4: Road 9.5mi
    July 5: MTB 6.5mi
    July 7: 9.5 Road

Not a bad start to the month seeing I haven't really done any riding in a couple years!

Anyone here in Wtby, CT or Oneonta, NY?
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    A little late to the party but I'm in for the challenge!

I'm in the UK, and have Psoriatic Arthritis in my arms/hands (predominantly, but also in my lower joints to a lesser degree) but trying my best to push myself to keep exercising more, especially cycling :flowerforyou: Getting some new gloves soon and hoping to get some bar ends to make it easier on the arms!

July 1: 5.34 miles (road)
    July 3: 4.79 miles (road)
    July 6: 11 miles (off-road)

Week 1 total: 21.13 miles :smile:
  • kryten83
    kryten83 Posts: 12
    Options
    3.96 miles today, avg speed 9 mph. Crashed for the first time since I was about 15 today. Cruising along, tried to slide past a car waiting to turn, misjudged the gap and had a lovely slowmotion tumble into a load of stinging nettles. Ouch!! Should have probably stopped instead of passing but I had just struggled up a bit of a hill and got a bit of momentum going. Oh well, could've been worse.
  • gonesewing
    gonesewing Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    3.96 miles today, avg speed 9 mph. Crashed for the first time since I was about 15 today. Cruising along, tried to slide past a car waiting to turn, misjudged the gap and had a lovely slowmotion tumble into a load of stinging nettles. Ouch!! Should have probably stopped instead of passing but I had just struggled up a bit of a hill and got a bit of momentum going. Oh well, could've been worse.

Ouch!! I worry about stuff like this, I only have a few roads with proper bike lanes around here - the rest are share the road. And car always trumps bike in collisions :P. Glad you were not hurt too bad!!!
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    Im new here. Im a beginner cyclist. My husband and I just started this year. We have two young children who we often pull in trailers. We started off with one trailer and it was so difficult so we bought another one. We bring out girls to the park a couple times a week if weather permits. And we also take the bikes out separately two - three times a week to increase our distance riding Plus, its rough when our three year old, NEVER stops asking, if we are almost there, how much longer, blah blah blah.. haha.... So far, we have gone, 21, 22, and 12 miles this month. We have our first duathlon this Sunday so we most likely wont be taking thebikes out until then.! Im pretty excited! My husband is doing the triathlon. The bike is 12 miles, which isn't far at all. I really need to increase my timings. Im averaging about 16-17mph on my roadbike, but myhusband is 19-20mph. Its just a pain in the but since we live near a lake, and we get wicked winds... Anyways, Id like to join in on this cycling challenge for the month of July. Itll help keep me accountable. Im also doing Focus T25 and running. Im looking forward to reading all the posts!

awesome! welcome! You sound like me about 3 years and 2 kids ago. We used to take our 2 girls out in the trailer a lot but now that we have 4 (and the older one is actually better suited for a trail-a-bike,) we don't get out on family rides much anymore. I hope next summer we can have her on a big bike, my will-be-then 4 year old on the trail a bike and my younger two in the trailer. Looking forward to it---family bike rides are the best!
  • jehavin
    Options
    29.3 miles this morning. That was my longest ride ever.

great job! I can't wait until I can post a number like that!!!!
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My 4th 20-mile ride in 4 days. Too bad I gotta go to work tomorrow.
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    7/1 - 5 miles outside.
    7/2 - 5 miles outside.
    7/3 - Rest day.
    7/4 - 0
    7/5 - 3 miles stationary.
    7/6 - 5 miles outside, where it was only 77 degrees and cloudy.
    7/7 - 3.2 miles stationary.

MTD 21.2 miles.
    Goal is 100 miles.
    Remaining is 78.8 miles.
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Goal 150 miles

7/3--13.5
    7/6--10
    7/8--16.5

Total--40 miles
  • spdoman7
    spdoman7 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Shooting for 500 miles...fat belly, time available, and motivation say otherwise...

7/4...31 miles @ 19.8 mph...1,541 calories burned
    7/6...41 miles @ 19.9 mph...2,123 calories burned
    7/7...39 miles @ 19.8 mph...1,887 calories burned

Total...111 miles
    Remaining...389 miles
  • jehavin
    Options
    Got another stationary ride in but the rain kept me from getting out on the trail this weekend. =(

July Goal: 150 miles indoors, 25 miles outdoors
    July Miles to Date: 42 miles indoors

July 8---7 mi stationary (30 min)
    July 5---18.5 mi stationary (85 min)
    July 3----10 mi stationary (45 min)
    July 1----6.5 mi stationary (30 min)
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    7/1: 30 miles 1.5 hrs
    7/2 rest
    7/3 14.5
    7/4 rest
    7/5: 30 miles 1.5 hours
    7/6 3 mile walk
    7/7 30 miles 1.5 hrs :tongue:
    7/8 10.6 miles 30 minutes
  • ybursto2
    ybursto2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am new to cycling and have a waalmart bike, I would like to start slow and then build up to where some of you are. I would like to do at least 60 miles this month.

July 8 = 6 miles
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    7/1 - 5 miles outside.
    7/2 - 5 miles outside.
    7/3 - Rest day.
    7/4 - 0
    7/5 - 3 miles stationary.
    7/6 - 5 miles outside, where it was only 77 degrees and cloudy.
    7/7 - 3.2 miles stationary.
    7/8 - 3 miles outside.

MTD 24.2 miles.
    Goal is 100 miles.
    Remaining is 75.8 miles.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I rode for 9.2 miles yesterday. I'm hoping to make it out this morning, but my family has had stomach flu and now it is my youngest's turn. He wants me to stay home and 'nuggle. How can I argue with that?

exercise.png
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    July 1: 5.34 miles (road)
    July 3: 4.79 miles (road)
    July 6: 12 miles (off-road)
    July 8: 5.52 miles (road)
    July 9: 5.52 miles (road)

MTD: 33.17 miles

Haven't got a specific goal as such this month since it's the first month I've really gotten into cycling, just want to get out as much as possible :-)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I made it out and rode 9.9 miles. Does anyone else get insanely frustrated to see that .9? I think that I will go ride laps in my little driveway just to put it at 10 miles even.:wink:

exercise.png
  • spdoman7
    spdoman7 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    7/4...31 miles @ 19.8 mph...1,541 calories burned
    7/6...41 miles @ 19.9 mph...2,123 calories burned
    7/7...39 miles @ 19.8 mph...1,887 calories burned
    7/9...32 miles @ 20.0 mph...1,488 calories burned

Total...143 miles
    Remaining...357 miles