Women over 40 looking for support

Options

Replies

• redhearted
    Options
    Hi, I'm 54 and a year after cancer treatment. Need to eat more and exercise more. It is hard coming back from this angry treatment. I could use your support. Thank you.
  • Niobeslim
    Niobeslim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 54, and hoping to shift a stone (14 lbs) which has been annoying me for the past few years! I used to swim and run regularly but a few health probs and surgery have slowed me down. I now have a sedentary lifestyle as I teach (mainly from home) and my main hobbies are studying music theory and playing the piano and recorder. I love gardening but the cold weather keeps me indoors at the moment.
    Looking forward to reading posts on the forum and would love some words of support! Good luck everyone :smile:
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    42...and I'm here for ya! :)
  • journeybegins
    journeybegins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well no one has been on this post for some time, but I feel the need to resurrect it. As I am over 45 and looking to get back into the bathing suit this summer. The mommy suit is coming apart which means I need a new one. My bikini was great for vacation last year, this year will not feel good away from the house in the little two piece. Really need the support and encouragement from others. I want to drop weight but more then that I want to tighten things up. I have discovered trouble areas that were never as issue before. Family is lazy and will not do any activity with me to work out and don't want to go it alone.
    Help
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    NeverTooLateForChange Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You and anyone else can feel free to add me.
    Hello to you All!

I am looking for some support and motivation from other women over 40 who have chosen to embark on the same journey - losing weight, getting healthy and making friends along the way!

I am only on day 5 of my new journey and have already lost 3.5 lbs! Not a bad way to start.

Please let me know if you would like some encouragement to keep you motivated - I know I can sure use some!

Thank you!

Michele
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    NeverTooLateForChange Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hello there. I just turned 41 in June and I am on everyday. I love to encourage my fitness pals. It helps to keep me encouraged. Feel free to add me.
  • Breezy3
    Breezy3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Michele! I will be 63 in 10 days I would love to be your friend. Please add me so we can journey together.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    43 here ..I'm consistent with logging .. add me if you'de like. :)
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, I am 18 months into the rest of my new life. I am 75lbs down, I strength train and now training for a mini-marathon.

I am happily married for almost 14 years and have a beautiful 6 year old daughter.

Feel free to add me, I log in daily and log all my food.
  • INxFOCUSx2013
    INxFOCUSx2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi, 40ish here anyone who wants to add me, feel free to do so. This is my 2nd week, could use more pals =D
  • slothalot
    slothalot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me too, I am 42 and never been lazier, needs as much motivation as possible! Good luck to you all!:flowerforyou:
  • journeybegins
    Options
    Please add me!
  • Sizethree4Ever
    Sizethree4Ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 45 years old, 5`0 tall and 142 pounds. You're welcome to add me.
    Erika
  • kats1957
    kats1957 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 55, I've been heavy most of my adult life. I've spent most of my life taking care of everyone else, it's time I did it for myself! I'm the mother of 3-- 24, 22, and 18. My baby is going off to college, so I have no excuse of not having time. My partner is in this with me, but it would be nice to have some female encouragement. I've been faithful logging in my food diary, but I need to get mooooving! I need help with that motivation!

Add me, If you'd like!
  • thezorb
    thezorb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hooray for women over 40! That would definitely describe me. I log in daily because MFP works! Feel free to add me--anyone else can too.
  • FMUP
    FMUP Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm over 40 - actually over 50! :-) Been dieting for ore than a year. But I've only been on this site a few months. Friend me & we'll encourage one another!

Peace,

Fern
  • journeybegins
    Options
    So happy to be back here after almost a year break.

So what do you do when it's time for bed and your stomach is demanding food?
  • slothalot
    slothalot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    so happy to be back here after almost a year break.

That is a hard one! I know some will say eat a carrot stick, but that just doesn't cut it. I really, really try not to eat before I go to bed. I would suggest maybe some almonds, yogurt, fat free jello, tea and honey?? I feel you!! Sometimes I will have a bowl of Cheerios with Almond Milk :)
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    So happy to be back here after almost a year break.

I agree with previous poster: I try really, really hard not to eat right before bed... but sometimes it happens. Outside of their suggestions, you can also eat a small amount of almonds (like 10) and drink a huge glass of water. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I've heard if you do that and wait 15 minutes, most of the time, your craving will be gone.

I personally need to drink more water so I'm going to be trying this myself. I do have some sugar free jello pudding cups as a backup :)