Zimmerman vs. Martin

Options

Replies

• mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    in fact, the zimmerman supporters are praying for a race war, because they want to see more black kids shot down in the street. There, offensive enough for you? Get this crap off of this fitness website.
    This the most ignorant statement I've seen in this discussion thus far :huh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    What I've learned from this thread is how easily people forget what it was like to be 17.

That is very sad.

Being 17 doesn't make it OK to commit crimes and attack people
    Because it's that black and white, what happened in this case.

OK then.
  • ddxm
    ddxm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    in fact, the zimmerman supporters are praying for a race war, because they want to see more black kids shot down in the street. There, offensive enough for you? Get this crap off of this fitness website.
    Truth isn't really offensive.
  • mrs_mab
    Options

can you read? this is the chit chat section?

are you posting this in all the "lick the person above threads" too? i bet not.
    This made me lol :laugh:
  • Jlopez201
    Jlopez201 Posts: 61
    Options
    LMAO!!! I want to see this proof as well!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

More ignorant than "Justice has already been served?" Really?
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Zimmerman stalked a boy, had malice and hate in his heart, and shot him.

And you know this how? I never heard any evidence to support this...

The police tape is evidence. These bleeping punks. They always get away. He was told not to pursue. He got out and pursued.

It's pretty clear where his heart and mind were at the time. He had much hate for the kid. I'm not saying what kind of hate, people may assume which kind. But it was clear he had malice and hate in his heart.

That's a stretch to support your opinion. For you to assume to know someone else's heart & mind at any given moment is arrogant at best. No one knows anything going on in anybody else's mind.

It's not arrogance on my part, it's Zimmerman's words. Listen to his words and what he said that night. I'm not assuming anything, I'm listening to the tape objectively. I don't claim to know everything in his mind, I don't know if he's a racist or hates kids or what, but his language and actions said he had hate and malice aforethought.

That's my point, you assume that he had 'hate and malice' simply because he expressed his frustration of burglars in his neighborhood getting away all the time.

I have several college rentals in my neighborhood. I've said many times how they bleeping get away with loud parties and what not. Doesn't mean I'm going to go out and stalk one and shoot him.
  • Jlopez201
    Jlopez201 Posts: 61
    Options
    NEVER said EVERYONE DID. But I am assuming you are claiming to be some sort of angel no?
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    What I've learned from this thread is how easily people forget what it was like to be 17.

That is very sad.

I remember when I was 17 and I certainly wasn't running around acting like a suspicious criminal. I also had a curfew that I abided by.

Oh, wow, don't we all wish to be raised by your parents and have the same rules you lived by! Oh, and running around like a suspicious criminal huh, would that include DWB by chance, or would that mean that you happen to be black after 7 pm? :D
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Zimmerman stalked a boy, had malice and hate in his heart, and shot him.

And you know this how? I never heard any evidence to support this...

The police tape is evidence. These bleeping punks. They always get away. He was told not to pursue. He got out and pursued.

It's pretty clear where his heart and mind were at the time. He had much hate for the kid. I'm not saying what kind of hate, people may assume which kind. But it was clear he had malice and hate in his heart.

That's a stretch to support your opinion. For you to assume to know someone else's heart & mind at any given moment is arrogant at best. No one knows anything going on in anybody else's mind.

It's not arrogance on my part, it's Zimmerman's words. Listen to his words and what he said that night. I'm not assuming anything, I'm listening to the tape objectively. I don't claim to know everything in his mind, I don't know if he's a racist or hates kids or what, but his language and actions said he had hate and malice aforethought.

That's my point, you assume that he had 'hate and malice' simply because he expressed his frustration of burglars in his neighborhood getting away all the time.

I have several college rentals in my neighborhood. I've said many times how they bleeping get away with loud parties and what not. Doesn't mean I'm going to go out and stalk one and shoot him.

But Zimmerman did, with a gun. He got out of his car and hunted down a stranger, then claimed self defense after he murdered him.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

That is very sad.

Being 17 doesn't make it OK to commit crimes and attack people
    Because it's that black and white, what happened in this case.

OK then.

What was your point then?

You stated: "What I've learned from this thread is how easily people forget what it was like to be 17.

That is very sad."

People are pointing out that THEY remember what it was like to be 17 and they never attacked any one etc. Then you follow up with a response referring to the case.

I am confused.

What are you trying to say?
  • jennrox78
    jennrox78 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

That is very sad.

At 22 I remember distinctly what it was like at 17 - I had already graduated high school, got full time job, and moved out of my parents house. I was paying for everything myself. 17 year olds are a lot smarter, older, and mature then you and many other people on this post are giving them credit for. I knew how to talk to people, and I can assure you that had I been confronted by neighborhood security I would have been as respectful as I am now at 22. At 17 I was not a legal adult, but I certainly was not a child. Everything I did was something you would expect an adult to do. Now obviously people mature differently, but at 17 you are a year (if even that) from having the option to make any and all decisions yourself without parental guidance. To me that suggests that you are probably ready at 17, and the last year is a grace period, a trial if you will before you are fully on your own.

Please don't act like someone is innocent just because they are 17.

exactly. I was in the Army serving our country @ 17.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i hope this thread is still here in a few hours when i can check on it again.
  • wsuduce
    wsuduce Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    god i hate living in orlando....

I think Zimmerman is an idiot for what he did.... but does he deserver murder 2.?... no....

Agree.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    This is pathetic thread that should be locked. If it were about God, it would have been stopped 7 pages ago, but since it is about the murder of a black child and yes, 17 is a child. Anyone knows that, it doesn't take a degree to see that. If someone was stopping my son, he would probably not react with roses and flowers.

Get racially profiled because you drive a nice vehicle, live in a decent neighborhood, then come talk to me.

George Zimmerman was wrong, he had no business playing, judge, jury and executioner. Now you can all respond with your nasty snide remarks, I expect it. I see a lot of bigotry and racism here and MFP should be ashamed for letting it continue.

i agree with you on everything but having this locked. its good for people to discuss this. if anything it exposes the racists.

I suppose this is true. I'm full on "Tell me more" every time someone mentions race wars or being scared of black people's reactions or uses the word thug. The casual racism, bundled up as concern for the neighborhood/law/justice/society is my favorite because they don't even realize how what they say actually is projecting.

Those darn scary black people and their social pressure and the media (run by black people I guess) and their darn race war riots!

Meanwhile in Europe, people riot over football.

This I have to reply to. I have read more than one article, and seen the tweets myself, from black people talking about rioting and how they will go out and "kill a random white person" if Zimmerman walks.

I realize you want to think that people are making that up just to be racist, but it would seem they are given a damn good reason to be concerned.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Truth isn't really offensive.
    And, being that it's in the "chit-chat" section, it's allowable. And if you (general "you") don't like it, no one is forcing your eyes to the page and making you read it. Just click your little mouse to a different page.
  • mrs_mab
    Options

More ignorant than "Justice has already been served?" Really?
    OK, I may not have seen that comment, as they are flying on here so fast! I agree that statement is not only ignorant, but also classless, and disrespectful. Regardless of what side of "the fence" I am on, I can still sypathinze that a human life was taken.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    ...would that include DWB by chance...

Please let it go...
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    lol GZ wasnt close to being killed. so if i have a gun..walk up to you and slap you...then you punch me can i kill you because i think my life is in danger?

Ok here's a test. Let someone get on top of you, grab your head and hit it against a sidewalk a few times and tell me if you don't have a fleeting thought of "hey, this could kill me."

Go...
    QFT

lol im losing a fight...there is an extremely remote chance i might die...ill just kill the guy..

yeah that makes sense

It actually does, its the law pretty much anywhere in the USA. Especially for fights you didn't start.

I'm just curious...How do we know who started the fight...Is there eye witness testimony? I'm not being sarcasitc i want to know. Or is it that Zimmerman's recounting of the event?

Everyone is saying he was out at 2 AM. I'm almost positive the trial stated the 911 calls reporting the incident occured at 7 PM. A completely rational time for someone to be walking around.

I don't know. If it was me, and someone came to me and grabbed me, and I thought they were armed and I was not. I would do whatever I could to make sure I could get away and that person wouldn't follow me, including bashing his head into the sidewalk.

Is that what the kid was thinking? I don't know. I don't think anyone does except for Zimmerman, who has no reason to tell the truth unless it helps him, and every reason to lie if it doesn't. Zimmerman was the only one who disregarded orders given to him by authorities.

And on the drugdealer thing. Is that a fact? The only thing I've seen is the picture of him smoking weed. That doesn't make him a dealer does it? I've never done it myself, but it's a common practice of people of all races and idiot teenagers who do dumb stuff, which I'm sure Martin was one like most of us were. Same with getting in fights. Most have been in one at one point or the other.

Rambling aside, too many comments based on knee jerk reactions and prejudice. Let the facts come out. If I were Zimmerman i would be concerned that with an all female jury they could play the "What is this was your baby boy" angle.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

That is very sad.

I remember when I was 17 and I certainly wasn't running around acting like a suspicious criminal. I also had a curfew that I abided by.

Was your curfew before 7PM? Because Trayvon Martin was pronounced dead shortly after 7pm. Please get the time right, people.