Looking for geek friends. :)

Options
And, I don't mean the "cool" geeks that find a pair of thick-rimmed glasses and their parent's Atari controller and think they're geek chic now. I'm looking for a geek, in whatever genre they choose, and is proud of it. I'm a geek. I have watched every episode of the WW show, with Lynda Carter. I am now getting into anime, after being thrust into the world with Death Note a few years back. I am currently watching Black Butler. SO GOOD. :happy:

I was a bad *kitten* when I was younger, and I have sewn enough wild oats for ten people. Now, after having a bunch of unfortunate events happen and realizing the true joys of life, I simply enjoy the company of my boyfriend, mother and two furbabies. I'd rather spend the day cuddling with my bf, watching some South Park over and over again and then falling asleep playing Mario. I don't have any want to do any of the things that "cool" people do. :huh: I'm far too... boring... not sure the correct way to explain it... but, i'm far too boring nowadays to be social and worry about making appearances.

Oh, and I'm the typical "bleeding heart Liberal" trying to save the world, supporting every cause known to man.

With that said, I am just putting it out there... can't do any harm. Right? :embarassed: If there are any geeks out there looking for someone like me, send an invite. :drinker:

These are my stats:

Height: 5'4"
SW: 325
GW: 210

Good luck to everyone on this site! <3

Replies

• thatsillyshana
    Options
    I loved Black Butler! There's a sequel to it too just in case you didn't get enough!

I'm kind of nerdy I think, but I'm still not sure if there's a difference in nerdy and geeky since both are passionate about things. Feel free to add me!
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    could almost be my twin - minus the bleeding heart liberal - but we can all get along right? lol
    feel free to knock out a friend request and we can talk super nintendo all day lol

(oh, and weightloss too i guess haha)
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I loved Black Butler! There's a sequel to it too just in case you didn't get enough!

I'm kind of nerdy I think, but I'm still not sure if there's a difference in nerdy and geeky since both are passionate about things. Feel free to add me!

Yeayyy, that made me happy knowing there's a sequel! :]
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi! I used to love anime, but I kind of got tired of the people who love anime. Seriously, there were so many spazes around me I couldn't take it. Although I'm starting to get back into it. I love DBZ, Sailor Moon (I'm currently working my way through the subbed version of Sailor Moon because the dubbed version I watched as a kid is soooo different. I'm currently a couple of episodes into Super S.) Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo.... I go bananas for Shin-Chan especially if I get any of the subbed episodes (once again the dubbed version is so different. Torn apart and raped.) I like games like the sims & harvest moon, but my heart lays with turn based RPGs. Which they just don't do anymore. ;'( Also, Zelda Ocarina of Time and Super Smash Bros. And other videogames. Resident Evil series (LOVE 5.) Assassin's Creed... PORTAL! I can't list all of the games I love. BIOSHOCK. Okay, I'm done now.

I wanted to be a boy when I was a kid.

Uh. But I also cook really well, sew and crochet and I'm a housewife until I can lose enough weight to go back to work.

Height: 5'5"
    SW: 330
    GW: 150

I would like a geeky friend, but only if they aren't in it because boys find gamer chicks hot. Or because they love Seshomaru so much that they call him Seshy poo and they write fan fics about him having gay sex with InuYasha. Sorry. I may've ranted! You decide if you like me!
  • LassoOfTruth
    Options
    I would like a geeky friend, but only if they aren't in it because boys find gamer chicks hot.

Thank you!
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add.
    Programmer,comic book,gamer,fantasy/horror, and D&D/cyberpunk 2020 geek here...
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    Well I've watched a lot of Anime since Akira (I spent part of my childhood in China, so that sort of show was my "Mickey Mouse"). I know what a D20 is (and have a fair few in my loft along with the dusty RPG tomes) and I'm a computer consultant (and have been in IT for 27 years). I've read almost every fantasy book there is and watched almost every sci'fi or fantasy movie.

I play computer games (Lord of the Rings on Line, Guild Wars 2, Baldur's gate, Skyrim etc) and consoles (just bought Darksiders2 for the Wii U) and I've all the gadgets I can get my hands on from a Note 2 to a Samsung 3D Smart TV.

I am also writing a fantasy novel (but don't hold your breath on a release date!)

Needless to say I'm single ;)

Feel free to add me... if I'm not too geeky...
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't need to steal my parent's Atari controller because I had my own. I guess that makes me an old geek :)
  • kimmysun7
    kimmysun7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well...I'm not into anime, but I am definitely a sci-fi geek. I love Doctor who and supernatural. Also I am kind of obsessed with superheroes especially the Marvel ones. I also read a lot. Too much according to most, but I don't give a damn what they think ^.^
  • geckospot
    geckospot Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not an anime household but we love our geeks, scifi, & fantasy shows/movies/books.

I'd be happy to join in.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I have also watched every episode of Wonder Woman. . .

Gamer (D&D since the Red Box Set and various and sundry other systems)

Owned an Atari 2600 when it was cutting edge, along with the amazing Sega Genesis.

EDIT: First computer was a Commodore 64.

For anime, I have two words: Trinity Blood.

Add if you like.
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    Oh and Linda Carter was hot as hell... so obviously I watched her!

Oh and my first console was a Binatone one that played variants of Pong.

First computer was in 1981...God I'm old...
  • jimbo2180
    jimbo2180 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    you got a friend in me!
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    I'm a internet dork and like to be goofy. I wear funny shirts and post on imgur and reddit often.
  • chaimcoon
    chaimcoon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    former Gamemaster here, huge comic book fan (altho i refuse to get involved in the DC vs Marvel fanboy feud, i think it's dumb) and a dyed in the wool TREKKIE! love most any scifi show, Doctor Who, Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis, etc etc

My wife is the big anime/manga fangirl, the only one i could ever watch consistently was Cowboy Bebop.
  • LassoOfTruth
    Options
    Yeay, this is making me very happy. I didn't know there was such a great geeky community on MFP!
  • LassoOfTruth
    Options
    Oh and Linda Carter was hot as hell... so obviously I watched her!

Oh and my first console was a Binatone one that played variants of Pong.

First computer was in 1981...God I'm old...

She's gorgeous! STILL. :love:
  • lannabelle
    lannabelle Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd rather spend my Friday nights curled up with my cat, Schmendrick (bonus points if you know where his name is from) watching a nature doc. than out with friends. I've seen every episode of Star Trek TNG and Voyager at least twice. I've also got an obsession with my Sims. I regularly quote lines from The Princess Bride. Does that count ? :) If you'd like to add me, please do.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I classify as geeky exactly but i'll list off a few things i LOOOOVE

Anime
    Favorites currently: Soul Eater, Full metal alchemist (But there are many i love)
    Manga
    Favorite currently: Vampire knight (current read xD)
    Gaming (n64 favorite or online games, haven't bought any system really updated yet)
    Zelda, kingdom hearts, League of legends, metal gear
    drawing
    Getting into online drawing at the moment as well as trying to do a bunch of practicing with both realistic and anime/manga style. MOSTLY i draw anime :)
    philosophy
    I love looking at thought processes of other people and being very open minded about everything. I love knowledge :)
    i love sports although i'm not fit enough to do much yet xD

Well I'd say those are my top things I love but of course I'm not as simple as that, no human is! and I do like many more things! Add me if you are interested! I love making friends :)!!
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm skipping out on poker to play League of Legends at the moment :-) Most of my friends are online/gamer/fandom folks.

I play a little of everything, am terrible at Magic but keep playing, and am already planning cosplay for next year's PAX East. Love-hate relationship with Joss Whedon, BSG is and will forever be amazing (IGNORE THE ENDING), I'm addicted to Gambit's solo comic and am going nutso over Fables, and the most exciting thing that will happen to me all summer is getting to go see Stephen King speak next week.

Bring it :)