How often does everyone weigh themselves?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• lulavenus
    lulavenus Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, twice a week. I think mechanical scales are the best.
  • g6944266047
    Options
    Every morning after any toilet duties and before breakfast in whatever underwear I am wearing (just kidding). Don't mind the ups and downs but it gives me some sense of commitment to my fight. I would recommend to do whatever helps you stay in control but relaxed too. It's a personal golden ratio that everybody has to find for him/herself.
  • NathanielUK
    NathanielUK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would like to weigh myself once a week on a saturday morning after the toilet and shower ^^ - But I cant help it doing it every morning. Just to have a look, THis kind of de motivates me as i dont see a huge difference.
  • FindingLawanda
    FindingLawanda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. Usually in the morning before I start my day.
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm OCD. Everyday, just before stepping into the shower. I love a good graph.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, just out of habit. I don't record the number until I see a loss. It's more of just a curiosity thing rather than an obsessive thing.
  • catrionaprovan
    catrionaprovan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Resist the temptation to weigh myself constantly, and weigh myself first thing Saturday morning or Friday morning if i am out on friday night ha
  • stephenidea
    Options
    I weigh myself way too much. Before and after every gym session. After a while its not that helpful, im on a macrobiotic diet at the moment and counting the calories massively as Im on a deficit to loose more body fat and gain more lean muscle mass... Muscle weighs more than fat so even though my daily caloric intake keeps reducing and my workout intensifies, I keep adding weight... Its good weight I know but as I used to be very heavy its still quite a big shock to the system!
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    2-3 times a week but my ''official'' weigh-in is once a week on Sunday morning.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Just a couple times per month. Going by measurements works for me better.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I used to do once a week, every Monday, log on to MFP and submit it.
    However, at work, a group of us have started a "biggest loser" weight loss group and weigh day for that is on a Thursday.
    So now I weigh twice a week! :blushing:
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I dont weigh in very often, maybe once a month, as I tend to go how clothes fit than by the numbers

When I do weigh, I'll do it first thing on a Monday straight after the first toilet visit....if you giet my meaning :)
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Once a day, in the mornings.
  • b218w
    b218w Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    daily....when i wake up n before bed.....just to keep track not obsess over every ounce or pound gained or lost
  • Becks450
    Becks450 Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh myself every Sunday morning when I wake up, I might change it 2 once every 2 weeks unsure yet
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily weigher...I'm just curious about my daily fluctuations (spelling??) and how different foods, etc. may effect my daily weight. I log every Friday morning after getting out of the shower...
  • bartonjack
    bartonjack Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I try to weight myself once a week. To me, weighing daily doesn't really tell me anything because everyone goes up and down on a daily basis.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Once daily first thing in the morning, and then monthly at my doctor's office. When I register a loss, I record it.

All that being said, I put little stock in what the scales say. I use other metrics like how my clothes fit, how loose is my wedding ring, etc.

I also remind myself of the following:

The more hunger pangs I endure, the more I win.
    The more I go to bed hungry, the more I win.
    The more times I go to the gym, the more I win.
    The more sweat-soaked my shirts are from workouts, the more I win.
    The more weight I lift, the more I lift it, the more I win.
    The more time I add to my workouts, even seconds, the more I win.
    The more miles I add to my workouts, even tenths of miles, the more I win.
    The more I make my muscles burn, the more I win.
    The more I pass up the cake and donuts in the office, the more I win.
    The more I refuse to eat the brownies and cookies at home, the more I win.
    The more holes I have to make in my belt, the more I win.
    The more clothes I shrink out of, the more I win.
    The more people tell me I look like I'm losing weight, the more I win.
    The more I don't cheat on my nutrition, the more I win.
    The more the scales go down, even if only by tenths, the more I win.
    The more veins I see being pushed out by new muscle, the more I win.
    The more I deny myself, the more I win.
    The more I push myself, the more I win.
    The more I refuse to fail, the more I win.
    The more I persist, the more I persevere, the more I win.
    The less I care about food, the more I win.