what do you reward yourself after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• starcharm3
    Options
    clothes and makeup
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    .....When I reach my goal of 100 lbs only 1.5 lbs to go I am going to buy myself a bra from victoria secrets because a couple yrs ago I went shopping with my daughter and she wanted to go to victoria secrets because they were having a bra sale well nothing in the store fit me. So this is my reward......

I love the lingerie idea and am going to use this. I never liked Victoria Secret because I've always been a boobalicious girl and Victoria secret specializes in flat chested styles, but a new lingerie trousseau would be a great way to celebrate a new fabulous body. Last time I was at my goal weight, I was a 32DD or 32DDD, depending on the style. Right now, I'm at 34H. There are three times as many styles for the smaller size on BareNecessities.com and so many cuter, sexier styles.

I haven't been giving myself rewards yet. As I approach the halfway point, however, I have been thinking about adding some achievement rewards. From what I've read on this site, it seems that the second half can be harder mentally because the weight doesn't come off as fast, plateaus are faced, and the novelty of small scale/size victories wears off. Therefore, I'm thinking I need a reward for hitting halfway (one pound away!), a reward for getting within 10 pounds of my goal, and a reward for hitting my goal.

A new wardrobe of lingerie sound like the perfect reward for the within ten pounds scheivement. I'm unlikely unlikely to change lingerie size in those last ten pounds so I would be able to splurge like crazy and not worry about wasting money on an in-between size.

Thanks for the great idea!
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Me and my partner sat down and came up with a number of rewards to help keep me motivated, the first two are after 5lb losses than it goes up to 7lb losses after that (because I often start something and drop out early on).

The rewards start off smaller and get bigger as time goes on and include things like a new hair cut, getting my hair dyed, a new piercing, buying my first proper corset, shoes!, clothes and finally when I reach my goal weight we're going to go for a weekend away.

It's nice to have something to think of to help keep me motivated and to know that my partner is supporting my weight loss (even if he doesn't quite get the whole calorie counting part!)
  • stfne84
    Options
    After I went down 40 pounds I spent 100 bucks and finally bought me a North Face Jacket in a size Large compared to my normal size XL clothes. It was a great motivation and I love walking around in it knowing its a large.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    86771E1A-D18B-4816-8204-71FAB0907E48-6731-00000821D35FA6BE_zpsf9896317.jpg
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I think about buying something to wear in a smaller size! Using food as a reward is what got me here so I never do it now :happy:
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I saw this on another thread, thought it was a really good idea actually :D.
    When I lose my first 5lbs I will get a charm necklace with one charm and for every 5lbs I loose after that I will get another charm and so on and so forth. That way when I wear the bracelet I can see how far I've come and how close I am to the next goal.
  • MasterKat
    Options
    for me it is important that I see myself as beautiful so I go out shopping for new and pretty underwear, then I wear them all day around the house.

This is great! Love it!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm just enjoying wearing the clothes in my closet again! I'm sure I'll have to come up with something new when I get bored of them...

Although, I think I'll tend to reward myself for a feat (like running a big race) rather than just movement on the scale.
  • orangefour
    orangefour Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I make different rewards for each goal met. Dying my hair red was my last little reward. My big rewards are for the end of my weight loss journey. When I get to my ultimate goal weight I'm going to get my tattoo that I've been planning for a couple years and will buy a closet full of clothes.
  • Jillygal5
    Options
    hair do, make-up done, new clothes great for feeling great. prefer not to reward myself with food
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Every 25 lbs I lose I get a new pair of Dr. Martens.

^this is awesome :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    session with a trainer, or a big fat adventure.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Every time I go down a size, new clothes. Practical, and cost effective.
  • BoboGritt
    BoboGritt Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well, for me the only way this works is if I am generally really strict on my diet. I am not skilled enough to pull off the moderation thing yet. As I had a long row to hoe I set up a schedule of milestones and at each one I have a celebration meal that I plan and look forward to. After that I go back to my healthy plan. In twenty pounds I reach the next one and will be going out for a traditional Wisconsin Fish Fry. Wooohoooo! Good Luck to you!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    while I am in progress - new gym clothes

when I reach my goal - a tattoo =) (strong spartan either on my arm or thigh)
  • megganxrose
    megganxrose Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A material item..shoes, haircut/highlights, etc.

I don't reward myself with food, it makes "eating clean and working out" feel like too much of a diet if I do that. If I want something unhealthy, I eat it in moderation and infrequently. I never use a big, unhealthy meal as a reward. I'll feel like **** afterwards, and I think a reward should be something positive. I'll never feel like **** after buying new makeup or getting my nails done!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    doritos! jk, a high five!!!
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Reaching a specific "weight" is not a goal of mine so...no reward.
  • JasminBillings2922
    Options
    5lbs- Dyeing my hair
    10lbs- Romantic dinner and and pampered bath and massage by my fiance
    20lbs- Skechers Flex Appeal shoes in YELLOW <3
    40lbs- New work out clothes, full outfit(minus shoes)
    60lbs- Belly button ring
    75lbs- Back tattoo
    Rest of my life/maintenance- Clothes!