Clean Eating DOES make a difference

Options

Replies

• musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options

after clean eating AND working out ...13lb loss

And how do you know eating in a caloric deficit with "non clean" foods AND working out wouldn't produce the same results?

Great job on your progress either way.

aaaaand this correlation doesnt mean causation....

I would know because I have miserably failed in the past by trying that so I am trying something different and this time it is working. It is a learning journey for me I am still learning what foods I should eat how much what foods I should not....but I've also been really sticking to this unlike last times where I just lied to myself and typed in a different amount then what I was eating.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    157f3aba-7d7e-41f7-9b1c-5ebcbb062979_zps1c7316fc.jpg

1c2b486a-dd58-40f1-8332-bfd392509861_zps607eb31b.jpg

well you worked out. so it could've just been that. that could have created enough of a calorie deficit to get the weight off.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Dirty dog eating + exercise = 156 pound loss.

BOOM

989.gif
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Yeah, I don't know many people who eat clean and would agree that Luna is clean... The chips certainly aren't.

I don't eat "clean" so I don't care.

Looking at your typical day and what you eat, I would say that you lost weight because you massively restricted calories. That's a whole day of food?! That can't be more than 1,000 calories. Your dinner is IMHO not dinner. It's barely a snack. You can't be getting more than 40-50 grams of protein either. I'd not be able to continue training if I only ate that.

...QFT x2.

I thought about saying something about it, but I thought "surely she eats more than this."
  • musicmint
    Options
    Yeah, I don't know many people who eat clean and would agree that Luna is clean... The chips certainly aren't.

I don't eat "clean" so I don't care.

Looking at your typical day and what you eat, I would say that you lost weight because you massively restricted calories. That's a whole day of food?! That can't be more than 1,000 calories. Your dinner is IMHO not dinner. It's barely a snack. You can't be getting more than 40-50 grams of protein either. I'd not be able to continue training if I only ate that.

I am incorporating veggies in between and I am also consuming more fruits like watermelon and veggies of all kinds in between.
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Dirty dog eating + exercise = 156 pound loss.

BOOM

Love it!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

And how do you know eating in a caloric deficit with "non clean" foods AND working out wouldn't produce the same results?

I would know because I have miserably failed in the past by trying that so I am trying something different and this time it is working. It is a learning journey for me I am still learning what foods I should eat how much what foods I should not....but I've also been really sticking to this unlike last times where I just lied to myself and typed in a different amount then what I was eating.
    you realized that you just gave us the answer right there, don't you? So it wasn't "clean eating" its the fact that now you happen to be accurately tracking.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy, I'd get with that.
    But it's not "clean" right?

I thought clean eating was basically nothing packaged.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options

you have done great keep at it, don't worry. and yes guys we know that everyone is different we all have different diets so lets not scoff at her she is saying it worked for her not that everyones should follow her way. put the pitchforks down LOL
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Dinner:
    I cup of kale 1 cup of frozen blueberries 1 banana
    :cry:
  • musicmint
    Options
    Good work but I could post my results and say " After dirty eating AND working out...91lb loss"

How is this dirty eating??? CLEAN EATING TO ME is fruits veggies and lean meat. Yes I cheat and have a processed protein bar and chips but I limit myself to ONE serving otherwise I would totally binge. It's clean eating to me.
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good work but I could post my results and say " After dirty eating AND working out...91lb loss"

I think I love you.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    wow nice results! processed foods make you body hold on to far too many toxins!

I don't understand all the hate for "processed" foods. One aspect of processing foods is making them safe for human consumption, i.e. cooking. Unless you're eating all your meats and vegtables raw, you're eating "processed" foods.
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    congrats on your loss, you look great. :flowerforyou:
  • musicmint
    Options
    I feel like I can say CLEAN EATING because it is 90% clean what I eat.
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Judging by your typical day you gave an example of it looks like calorie restriction (very restrictive at that) was the main benifactor of your slim down.
    wow nice results! processed foods make you body hold on to far too many toxins!

And please keep in mind statements like this are in no way true. Carry on!
  • JanePerkins
    JanePerkins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good Job!! I'd like to try this.. do you have any suggestions of where you can find a diet or blog about it? do you find your getting enough protein ?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!