Clean Eating DOES make a difference

Options

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! You have done very well.

I'm all about giving credit where credit is due, and i would say that logging accurately is probably your reason for success over "clean eating"
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    To those who are wondering:

My typical day will look like this:

Breakfast:
    Luna Protein bar
    Apple

snack: avacado/ some other random veggies like cauliflower or broccoli steamed

Lunch: Spinach 2 cups with chicken breast hard boiled eggs (2) and olives

snack: pop chips all natural (my little cheat snack so I dont binge)

willpower

Dinner:
    I cup of kale 1 cup of frozen blueberries 1 banana

snack: watermelon is good to much on because it is low low cal

I would starve...by the way luna protein bar and chips are processed. JUST saying, congrats either way but you really do seem to be barely eating your weight loss isnt from clean eating its from your HUGE deficit.
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I thought MFP was a support group and most of what I have read on this post is criticism! I am disappointed! You know who you are!
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    what is QFT?? i keep seeing it. and i have no idea how to read it. whatever you are doing is working for you! your abdomen looks great!

QFT= Quite F*cking True

No, QFT means "quoted for truth." "Quite f'in true" is an incorrect backronym.

QFT.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I'd say the reason this worked is because you are on a VERY LOW CALORIE DIET. You aren't getting enough food at all....

A very low calorie diet is a specific thing. She is absolutely not on a VLCD.
  • BurningAway
    Options
    what is QFT?? i keep seeing it. and i have no idea how to read it. whatever you are doing is working for you! your abdomin looks great!

"Quoted For Truth"

I used to think it meant "quit ****ing talking" lmfao
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Clean eating?? Looking back in your diary several weeks definitely doesn't show clean eating!! I would say you did 50/50 on clean verses dirty foods. Your title on this post is inaccurate.

Great job on the weight loss by eating at a deficit and exercising. :)
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    what is QFT?? i keep seeing it. and i have no idea how to read it. whatever you are doing is working for you! your abdomin looks great!

"Quoted For Truth"

I used to think it meant "quit ****ing talking" lmfao

well there are lots of people that were telling eachother to shut up then.... hehe :drinker:
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    157f3aba-7d7e-41f7-9b1c-5ebcbb062979_zps1c7316fc.jpg

after clean eating AND working out ...13lb loss

1c2b486a-dd58-40f1-8332-bfd392509861_zps607eb31b.jpg

You look great so congrats to you.

Now, one a real note, I'm gonna say the fact that you ate what basically amounts to my dinner calorie wise and then worked out is why you lost weight. Eating less processed food may have made you feel fuller longer, which is why eating a cup of kale, berries, and a banana didn't drive you to drink but that doesn't make your method superior to my method of 1825 calories with the occasional slice of cake or pop tart or ice cream or Bacon Pretzel Burger or...

Oh, bacon pretzel burger.

Are we talking the New Pretzel burger @ Wendy's??? It is on my list to try this weekend.... Looks So Good!!! :drinker:
    What is a pretzel burger? Does it go with the ice cream bagel? That just sounds wrong...:smile:

First: I am referring to the burger at Wendy's. It's a burger patty on a pretzel roll bun with your typical veggies (if you're down with that) cheese, and a sweet mustard sauce. It was amazeballs. Some things look good and don't live up to the hype but this! I ate that sucker and then curled up around my pillow and slept the sleep of the truly content. The bread was so nice; a nice crisp outside and then a chewy fluffy inside. So good.

web_WendysPretzelJax.jpg
    Actually it does look good...I was imagining a big pretzel (hard or soft) on a burger with ketchup, cheese and pickles falling out everywhere...How many calories?
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I wash all of the food that I can...

I still haven't figured out how to clean my macaroni and cheese though... that always ends badly.

Does this mean that I'm eating "mostly" clean?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Actually it does look good...I was imagining a big pretzel (hard or soft) on a burger with ketchup, cheese and pickles falling out everywhere...How many calories?

680 for the single. Around 300 more for the double.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    god people are ****ing ****s on here

Words matter.

I'm sorry that bothers you.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options
    you did great it works for you pay no attention to the negativity
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Now, one a real note, I'm gonna say the fact that you ate what basically amounts to my dinner calorie wise and then worked out is why you lost weight. Eating less processed food may have made you feel fuller longer, which is why eating a cup of kale, berries, and a banana didn't drive you to drink but that doesn't make your method superior to my method of 1825 calories with the occasional slice of cake or pop tart or ice cream or Bacon Pretzel Burger or...

Are we talking the New Pretzel burger @ Wendy's??? It is on my list to try this weekend.... Looks So Good!!! :drinker:
    What is a pretzel burger? Does it go with the ice cream bagel? That just sounds wrong...:smile:

First: I am referring to the burger at Wendy's. It's a burger patty on a pretzel roll bun with your typical veggies (if you're down with that) cheese, and a sweet mustard sauce. It was amazeballs. Some things look good and don't live up to the hype but this! I ate that sucker and then curled up around my pillow and slept the sleep of the truly content. The bread was so nice; a nice crisp outside and then a chewy fluffy inside. So good.

web_WendysPretzelJax.jpg

680 calories.........
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Again people, this isn't the place to go and nitpick her diary or how she lost her weight. She is trying to celebrate her success and it is very douchy to detract from that and try to call her out.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Clean eating?? Looking back in your diary several weeks definitely doesn't show clean eating!! I would say you did 50/50 on clean verses dirty foods. Your title on this post is inaccurate.

Great job on the weight loss by eating at a deficit and exercising. :)

Who knew Sun Chips and Cheetos and Luna bars were "clean"?
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    This is not the place to debate Clean vs IIFYM. Time and place, people.

Congratulations on your outstanding achievement!

QFT. I mean, really? Who cares if she has the lingo right or wrong? Even if she was eating 100 % "clean" every single IIFYMer would make her define "clean" and start throwing articles on chemicals around and telling her to wash her food. There's no winning unless you make a post saying "I ate poptarts all day everyday and lost weight. yahoo!"
  • Dre8604
    Dre8604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, i dont understand....how is this clean?

It's been dipped in bleach.

This was funny... wasn't expecting to read that!
  • BurningAway
    Options
    god people are ****ing ****s on here

Oh you didnt know? Welcome to MFP.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Um I guess it can go with an ice cream bagel.... but here's a pic.....

20130709-258554-wendys-pretzel-bacon-cheeseburger-pr-shot_zps536b39e7.jpg
    Looks good, although I don't like bacon on a burger--I can only taste the bacon...I'll have to check the calories though...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!