Clean Eating DOES make a difference

Options

Replies

• BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Again people, this isn't the place to go and nitpick her diary or how she lost her weight. She is trying to celebrate her success and it is very douchy to detract from that and try to call her out.

Truth. So what if OP believes it's her clean eating that made a difference? I highly doubt that her intent was to intentionally deceive others. Who cares how she worded the title? This isn't a shake o thread. It's not a "my way is the only way thread". It's not a HcG thread. Give the girl a break...sweet jeebus.

Intentional or not she is misleading people and rather then allow the spread of stupidity these fine people want to educate some unfortunate soul who is actually looking for the right way to lose weight. Its not JUST OP thats reading this, i myself would have and had been lead astray by people like this so for the sake of education get over it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    This is not the place to debate Clean vs IIFYM. Time and place, people.

Congratulations on your outstanding achievement!

QFT. I mean, really? Who cares if she has the lingo right or wrong? Even if she was eating 100 % "clean" every single IIFYMer would make her define "clean" and start throwing articles on chemicals around and telling her to wash her food. There's no winning unless you make a post saying "I ate poptarts all day everyday and lost weight. yahoo!"

No, we would just point out that her thread title is intentionally deceptive and "eating clean" is not the reason for her success.

Accurately logging and working out are the reasons for her success.

Fair enough. But would this have gone another direction if she posted "I eat clean while at a deficit and I lost 15lbs?

Yes, it would have.

No one cares if you eat clean. Seriously. I'm one of the biggest "dirty" eaters on the forum (though I got nothin on magerum), but I have absolutely no problem with someone wanting to eat "clean."

I do have a problem with someone misrepresenting the effects of "eating clean." OP didn't lose weight as a result of eating clean, she lost weight as a result of consistent calorie deficit and exercise. Which is awesome. But starting a thread attributing her weight loss specifically to "eating clean" is intellectually dishonest claptrap.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

QFT. I mean, really? Who cares if she has the lingo right or wrong? Even if she was eating 100 % "clean" every single IIFYMer would make her define "clean" and start throwing articles on chemicals around and telling her to wash her food. There's no winning unless you make a post saying "I ate poptarts all day everyday and lost weight. yahoo!"

No, we would just point out that her thread title is intentionally deceptive and "eating clean" is not the reason for her success.

And I agree 100% with this. But to what end does calling her out on it to correct her achieve?
  • jonnythan
    Options

And I agree 100% with this. But to what end does calling her out on it to correct her achieve?

Hopefully to keep someone who doesn't know any better from reading the thread and concluding that "eating clean" is necessary for weight loss.
  • whierd
    Options
    you did great it works for you pay no attention to the negativity

It isn't negativity...

...it's clarification of an ambiguity.

Without it, people might be led to believe that OP was successful because she eschewed all "dirty" food and stuck to a strict regimen of only "clean" foods...

...which would be inaccurate. When others tried it and did not have the same results, they would be disappointed and potentially go back to their "EAT ALL TEH FOODZ!!1!eleven!1" ways...

...and that would be unfortunate...and tragic...or at least slightly sad.

Meh. Most will probably just read the OP anyway and draw their conclusion.

And if someone is willing to base their diet off of what they believe worked for one person, then there is nothing that you, I, or anyone else can do for them.
  • whierd
    Options

Hopefully to keep someone who doesn't know any better from reading the thread and concluding that "eating clean" is necessary for weight loss.

So you are combatting Darwinism? Why do you hate science?
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options

Fair enough. But would this have gone another direction if she posted "I eat clean while at a deficit and I lost 15lbs?

Yes, it would have.

No one cares if you eat clean. Seriously. I'm one of the biggest "dirty" eaters on the forum (though I got nothin on magerum), but I have absolutely no problem with someone wanting to eat "clean."

I do have a problem with someone misrepresenting the effects of "eating clean." OP didn't lose weight as a result of eating clean, she lost weight as a result of consistent calorie deficit and exercise. Which is awesome. But starting a thread attributing her weight loss specifically to "eating clean" is intellectually dishonest claptrap.

Okay, I can see your point on that. I'm still not sure that her wording would have made a difference in how this thread went, though. When people say the "c" word, it gets ugly.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Maybe misleading others that click this thread thinking it was more about her eating clean than it was about her eating a restrictive caloric deficit and adding in exercise..... It is a public forum and there alot of people clicking on these threads looking for information..... No one is knocking her success just injecting alittle bit of advice as to her results.....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Again people, this isn't the place to go and nitpick her diary or how she lost her weight. She is trying to celebrate her success and it is very douchy to detract from that and try to call her out.

Your zipper's down.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Yes, it would have.

Okay, I can see your point on that. I'm still not sure that her wording would have made a difference in how this thread went, though. When people say the "c" word, it gets ugly.

That's because when people mention "clean" eating they usually say something ridiculous about it.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

Your zipper's down.

so is yours :)
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Too *****y.
  • Siegel15
    Siegel15 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Since I started eating no processed food, everything I make, sTews, soups, is from scratch; then fish, veg, fruit, no salt, I have been having consistent weight loss (100 grams a day). If I add salt or any processed food, I stall immediately.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Wow some of these sample diets sound like pure hell lol. But props to those who can make them a lifestyle. I rarely if ever consume things like sweets, fast food, soda, junk food or anything like that, but I don't think I can cut out some of the stuff I buy right off of the shelf. I'd rather just exercise my *kitten* off and stay in shape that way.
  • lauraleighsm
    lauraleighsm Posts: 167
    Options
    You look amazing! Everyone defines "clean" differently. I eat primarily clean (which to me, means organic) and I eat limited processed organic food. Usually. I feel much better when I limit the processed foods, but to each their own... you say pop tart...I say quinoa. :)
    Laura
  • sexypr1ncess
    sexypr1ncess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    boy, this thread is entertaining. :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    you did great it works for you pay no attention to the negativity

It isn't negativity...

...it's clarification of an ambiguity.

Without it, people might be led to believe that OP was successful because she eschewed all "dirty" food and stuck to a strict regimen of only "clean" foods...

...which would be inaccurate. When others tried it and did not have the same results, they would be disappointed and potentially go back to their "EAT ALL TEH FOODZ!!1!eleven!1" ways...

...and that would be unfortunate...and tragic...or at least slightly sad.

^this. This was at least my motivation. Also the other alternative of attempting to eat "cleaner" and "cleaner" until nothing is being eaten. (someone on my FL is doing this right now and is seriously struggling. I'd hate for her to see this and cut MORE things out of her diet and end up tragic.)
  • lauraleighsm
    lauraleighsm Posts: 167
    Options
    Since I started eating no processed food, everything I make, sTews, soups, is from scratch; then fish, veg, fruit, no salt, I have been having consistent weight loss (100 grams a day). If I add salt or any processed food, I stall immediately.

Interesting! I've been thinking I really need to limit my salt. It's one aspect of my diet I never pay attention to!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Oh?

Seems legit.
  • whierd
    Options

Your zipper's down.

Yeah....because educating her on how its not clean eating IS douchy. About as douchy as a teacher pointing out your mistakes on a test, oh my what has this world come too..by the way it Is down.

Its not that they are being *kitten* seriously, people are too sensitive.

That isnt even a proper comparison.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!