Clean Eating DOES make a difference

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Again people, this isn't the place to go and nitpick her diary or how she lost her weight. She is trying to celebrate her success and it is very douchy to detract from that and try to call her out.

Truth. So what if OP believes it's her clean eating that made a difference? I highly doubt that her intent was to intentionally deceive others. Who cares how she worded the title? This isn't a shake o thread. It's not a "my way is the only way thread". It's not a HcG thread. Give the girl a break...sweet jeebus.

For REAL!

Calorie Deficits while eating whatever = weight loss (fat, muscle, water)

Calorie Deficits + Clean Eating (with sufficient protein) = fat/water loss and muscle gain (or maintenance)

Aaaaaand..... attack! ::hides behind shield of complex carbs and lean protein:::

...so just eating clean food and lots of Protein makes you gain/maintain muscle?

Well screw this lifting nonsense then.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

So you are combatting Darwinism? Why do you hate science?

You. I've decided, I like you.

There.

Would share pretzel burger with.

Let's not get out of control, now... this is a pretzel burger we're talking about. Maybe I could find a BOGO coupon to share.

You just tickled my frugal bone.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I heard something about a pretzel bun and toxinz.

In.

This just in!

I have it on good authority that Red Robin now also has a pretzel bun burger.

tumblr_inline_mp0ezn8tjF1qz4rgp.gif
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I like how some people just pretend that this thread isn't political (ya know, in the sense that the debate of IIFYM vs. clean eating is political on a health and fitness site). Look at the title, friends. She capitalized "does," putting emphasis on that word and thereby implying that all of those who say that it doesn't matter are *wrong*. A lovely specimen of politicized capitalization, right there. So even though this thread is in the "success stories," it clearly invites debate. Words matter, tone matters. And, you know, reading skills matter. Stop pretending that we can't engage in debate about the OP's post and consequent revelations about eating habits just because this is a success thread. :flowerforyou:
    Good point!
    BTW, I do come to this site for support, but I also come to get accurate information. If I just wanted support, I wouldn't necessarily have to go to a "fitness" site. What is the good of mfp if it doesn't provide said info.?
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I heard something about a pretzel bun and toxinz.

In.

This just in!

I have it on good authority that Red Robin now also has a pretzel bun burger.

GTFO.

NO.

GTF IN

mah belly, pretzel burger!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    What you posted isn't clean, by my definition.

So, I'm not sure what you are suggesting? Are you saying that you were working out and eating dirty then you cleaned up, sort of, and you lost the extra? Or are you saying with a combo of diet and exercise, you lost? Because, I have a pretty strong argument that clean or dirty, in a caloric Deficit, with exercise, you would get the same result.

^ See this is the issue I have with "clean." No one agrees on what it means and it seems to be used by many has a battering ram to attack people that don't eat "as clean" as they do. I've had friends get PMs with outright "you're gonna die" messages. It's absurd. There are about 2-3 people on here that actually promote eating fast food all the time, and funny enough it works for them. Most of the rest of us are simply saying don't beat yourself up about eating a few hundred calories a day of something you like and genuinely enjoy. I don't know why this concept is so hard for some people to wrap their heads around. It's not all or nothing. It's about a healthy diet with moderate treats and a healthy attitude towards food. It works for a lot of us. Stop hating food.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Again people, this isn't the place to go and nitpick her diary or how she lost her weight. She is trying to celebrate her success and it is very douchy to detract from that and try to call her out.

Truth. So what if OP believes it's her clean eating that made a difference? I highly doubt that her intent was to intentionally deceive others. Who cares how she worded the title? This isn't a shake o thread. It's not a "my way is the only way thread". It's not a HcG thread. Give the girl a break...sweet jeebus.

For REAL!

Calorie Deficits while eating whatever = weight loss (fat, muscle, water)

Calorie Deficits + Clean Eating (with sufficient protein) = fat/water loss and muscle gain (or maintenance)

Aaaaaand..... attack! ::hides behind shield of complex carbs and lean protein:::

...so just eating clean food and lots of Protein makes you gain/maintain muscle?

Well screw this lifting nonsense then.

Yeah, what a waste of time. Clean eating'll do ya. :laugh:
  • Achrya
    Options
    I'm trying to decide if I could fit a Pretzel burger in diary today. I may be over my sodium. :(

For a mere 680 calories!!! forget the sodium lol..... drink a couple extra glass of water tomorrow... By the sounds of it. it will be worth it!!!! :drinker:
    It comes with cheddar cheese sauce and cheddar slice... i nix one or the other and that is a good 100 calories off and probably 100sodium. I retain like crazy so I have to be careful. It blows but IT FITS!

Confession: I did actually forgo the cheese sauce when I had mine. /hangs head in shame
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options

There.

Let's not get out of control, now... this is a pretzel burger we're talking about. Maybe I could find a BOGO coupon to share.

Don't know where you guys live, but in NC if you dress up like a cow and go to chick fil a they give a free meal today! I am making cow outfits as I read this discussion...
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    I'm trying to decide if I could fit a Pretzel burger in diary today. I may be over my sodium. :(

For a mere 680 calories!!! forget the sodium lol..... drink a couple extra glass of water tomorrow... By the sounds of it. it will be worth it!!!! :drinker:
    It comes with cheddar cheese sauce and cheddar slice... i nix one or the other and that is a good 100 calories off and probably 100sodium. I retain like crazy so I have to be careful. It blows but IT FITS!

Confession: I did actually forgo the cheese sauce when I had mine. /hangs head in shame
    The cheese sauce isn't bad. 20 calories. The slice is 80.
    If I add in my own blue marbled pepperjack cheese (80 calories) and nix both the sauce and cheddar slice: OMG I MAY DIE HAPPY
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options

There.

Don't know where you guys live, but in NC if you dress up like a cow and go to chick fil a they give a free meal today! I am making cow outfits as I read this discussion...

Oh yeah!!! Thanks for the reminder! Free meal for me today. Woot.
  • MistyEE
    MistyEE Posts: 67
    Options
    Wow this thread is a bummer.

I wonder if all the people that felt the NEED to detract from the OP success by inserting their own ideology also think it is appropriate and classy to use thir phones in public bathrooms.

It is great that other people want to dispel myths, and present more knowledge....but as someone else said...the blatant, in your face delivery is just RUDE.
  • Achrya
    Options

If I add in my own blue marbled pepperjack cheese (80 calories) and nix both the sauce and cheddar slice: OMG I MAY DIE HAPPY

It wasn't a matter of calories for me, I just didn't want cheese sauce+mustard making it hard to eat. I don't like to work to get my food in my mouth.

I wonder if all the people that felt the NEED to detract from the OP success by inserting their own ideology also think it is appropriate and classy to use thir phones in public bathrooms.

/checks pictures

Nope, not a single one in a public bathroom.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    If I drink a thing of laundry detergent I'll lose weight and be super healthy right? Here goes! :D

6366615241_16f9763665.jpg
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congrats on all your hard work and results. I haven't read all the pages in this thread so I'm sure this has been said before, but I'd say the difference in your appearance would be attributed to your weight loss, not necessarily clean eating. People lose weight and get fit without eating clean. It's great that you found what works for you, though :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

There.

Thanks but I'm on hold to dress like a pretzel for pretzel burger day.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options

It wasn't a matter of calories for me, I just didn't want cheese sauce+mustard making it hard to eat. I don't like to work to get my food in my mouth.

/checks pictures

Nope, not a single one in a public bathroom.

I'll just eat it like this:
    tumblr_madq5btWBv1qdlh1io1_r1_250.gif
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Awesome work.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Dirty dog eating + exercise = 156 pound loss.

BOOM

I EFFIN LOVE YOU!!!!!! :heart:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Despite what my username implies, I generally avoid controversy, but I feel I have to intervene. The pretzel burger doesn't look good to me. I know that isn't a popular opinion, but that's how I feel, and my feelings are just as valid as anyone's.

OP, I'm glad you have found something that works for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!