Clean Eating DOES make a difference

Options

Replies

• Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    Way to go! I'm surprised by the lack of supportive responses.

You must be new here.

LMAO!

Anyways, eating 800 calories a day = lack of support.
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm trying to decide if I could fit a Pretzel burger in diary today. I may be over my sodium. :(

For a mere 680 calories!!! forget the sodium lol..... drink a couple extra glass of water tomorrow... By the sounds of it. it will be worth it!!!! :drinker:
    It comes with cheddar cheese sauce and cheddar slice... i nix one or the other and that is a good 100 calories off and probably 100sodium. I retain like crazy so I have to be careful. It blows but IT FITS!

Confession: I did actually forgo the cheese sauce when I had mine. /hangs head in shame
    The cheese sauce isn't bad. 20 calories. The slice is 80.
    If I add in my own blue marbled pepperjack cheese (80 calories) and nix both the sauce and cheddar slice: OMG I MAY DIE HAPPY

It wasn't a matter of calories for me, I just didn't want cheese sauce+mustard making it hard to eat. I don't like to work to get my food in my mouth.

I wonder if all the people that felt the NEED to detract from the OP success by inserting their own ideology also think it is appropriate and classy to use thir phones in public bathrooms.

/checks pictures

Nope, not a single one in a public bathroom.

I'll just eat it like this:
    tumblr_madq5btWBv1qdlh1io1_r1_250.gif

OMG! You had me in tears!!!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    just popped back in to take notes:

-pretzel burgers at TWO locations
    -Capitalizations in Thread title may have caused the raucus
    -hide crazy theories in success threads
    -no sauce on pretzel burger
    -no sharing pretzel burger
    -no waiting for coupon for pretzel burger
    -hide from people dressed as cows today, resume hiding from zombie apocalypse tomorrow
    -always high five and back pat any success thread even if my back pat pushes the person over the cliff they are running towards
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options

So you are combatting Darwinism? Why do you hate science?

You. I've decided, I like you.

There.

Would share pretzel burger with.

Let's not get out of control, now... this is a pretzel burger we're talking about. Maybe I could find a BOGO coupon to share.

You just tickled my frugal bone.
    Don't know where you guys live, but in NC if you dress up like a cow and go to chick fil a they give a free meal today! I am making cow outfits as I read this discussion...

Thanks but I'm on hold to dress like a pretzel for pretzel burger day.
    Actually, I think you'd have to dress up like a nacho chicken patty...(the whole opposite thing, i.e. cow=free chicken, nacho chicken patty=free pretzel burger)
  • rachseby
    Options

-hide from people dressed as cows today, resume hiding from zombie apocalypse tomorrow
    -always high five and back pat any success thread even if my back pat pushes the person over the cliff they are running towards
    :laugh: Please be my friend!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread is a bummer.

I wonder if all the people that felt the NEED to detract from the OP success by inserting their own ideology also think it is appropriate and classy to use thir phones in public bathrooms.

It is great that other people want to dispel myths, and present more knowledge....but as someone else said...the blatant, in your face delivery is just RUDE.

sorry, mom.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

There.

Let's not get out of control, now... this is a pretzel burger we're talking about. Maybe I could find a BOGO coupon to share.

Don't know where you guys live, but in NC if you dress up like a cow and go to chick fil a they give a free meal today! I am making cow outfits as I read this discussion...

Actually, I think you'd have to dress up like a nacho chicken patty...(the whole opposite thing, i.e. cow=free chicken, nacho chicken patty=free pretzel burger)

what if I just dress up like a slutty cow? in july?
  • delaniecastillo
    Options

I'll just eat it like this:
    tumblr_madq5btWBv1qdlh1io1_r1_250.gif

OMG! You had me in tears!!!!!

Haha, I love that llama. That's exactly the way my mouth goes when I eat a hotpocket and forget to wait until it cools.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

There.

Oh, I thought about it!
  • mdearmond
    mdearmond Posts: 76 Member
    Options

perfect summary really.

love it.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    157f3aba-7d7e-41f7-9b1c-5ebcbb062979_zps1c7316fc.jpg

after clean eating AND working out ...13lb loss

1c2b486a-dd58-40f1-8332-bfd392509861_zps607eb31b.jpg

You look great so congrats to you.

Now, one a real note, I'm gonna say the fact that you ate what basically amounts to my dinner calorie wise and then worked out is why you lost weight. Eating less processed food may have made you feel fuller longer, which is why eating a cup of kale, berries, and a banana didn't drive you to drink but that doesn't make your method superior to my method of 1825 calories with the occasional slice of cake or pop tart or ice cream or Bacon Pretzel Burger or...

Oh, bacon pretzel burger.

:laugh: I want one!!
  • vjohn04
    Options

sorry, mom.

LOL
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    What you posted isn't clean, by my definition.

So, I'm not sure what you are suggesting? Are you saying that you were working out and eating dirty then you cleaned up, sort of, and you lost the extra? Or are you saying with a combo of diet and exercise, you lost? Because, I have a pretty strong argument that clean or dirty, in a caloric Deficit, with exercise, you would get the same result.

^ See this is the issue I have with "clean." No one agrees on what it means and it seems to be used by many has a battering ram to attack people that don't eat "as clean" as they do. I've had friends get PMs with outright "you're gonna die" messages. It's absurd. There are about 2-3 people on here that actually promote eating fast food all the time, and funny enough it works for them. Most of the rest of us are simply saying don't beat yourself up about eating a few hundred calories a day of something you like and genuinely enjoy. I don't know why this concept is so hard for some people to wrap their heads around. It's not all or nothing. It's about a healthy diet with moderate treats and a healthy attitude towards food. It works for a lot of us. Stop hating food.

Most important piece of this statement "It's about...a healthy attitude towards food. Stop hating food."
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Despite what my username implies, I generally avoid controversy, but I feel I have to intervene. The pretzel burger doesn't look good to me. I know that isn't a popular opinion, but that's how I feel, and my feelings are just as valid as anyone's.

OP, I'm glad you have found something that works for you.

Get out.
  • rachseby
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

what if I just dress up like a slutty cow? in july?
    [/quote]
    Frankly, at my present weight, I feel like having to dress up like a cow for free food is just adding insult to injury, but free is free. (and I'm taking my kids before anyone thinks I am too pathetic)...How would a slutty cow dress in july? A maxi mini dress?
  • vjohn04
    Options

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Or is that pretzel burger dinner?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread is a bummer.

It is great that other people want to dispel myths, and present more knowledge....but as someone else said...the blatant, in your face delivery is just RUDE.

What you find rude, I find the over sensitivity of the offended. People need thicker skin.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    This is not the place to debate Clean vs IIFYM. Time and place, people.

Congratulations on your outstanding achievement!

QFT. I mean, really? Who cares if she has the lingo right or wrong? Even if she was eating 100 % "clean" every single IIFYMer would make her define "clean" and start throwing articles on chemicals around and telling her to wash her food. There's no winning unless you make a post saying "I ate poptarts all day everyday and lost weight. yahoo!"

No, we would just point out that her thread title is intentionally deceptive and "eating clean" is not the reason for her success.

Accurately logging and working out are the reasons for her success.

ok we got your point thank you now be on your way

Yes sir Mr. 9 posts sir.

CAN'T.STOP.LAUGHING!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dougstuffcom
    dougstuffcom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It seems many of you are getting hung up on her definition of 'clean' I am experiencing similar results to what the original post suggests. I operated in a fairly significant caloric deficit for a month with very little results. When i switched to a more 'clean' diet with the same caloric intake and same exercise i started losing. what works for some doesn't work for all. I understand that science teaches us that a lb = 3500 calories and I would not dispute that. 1000 net calories a day only counting calories produced very little change. 1000 net calories a day with either grilled chicken or white fish and some steamed green veggies with things like almonds as snacks produced noticeable results in 3 days. some may not like it, but its been the only thing that has worked so far so i'm gonna rock on with it.
    btw, you look great.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    It seems many of you are getting hung up on her definition of 'clean' I am experiencing similar results to what the original post suggests. I operated in a fairly significant caloric deficit for a month with very little results. When i switched to a more 'clean' diet with the same caloric intake and same exercise i started losing. what works for some doesn't work for all. I understand that science teaches us that a lb = 3500 calories and I would not dispute that. 1000 net calories a day only counting calories produced very little change. 1000 net calories a day with either grilled chicken or white fish and some steamed green veggies with things like almonds as snacks produced noticeable results in 3 days. some may not like it, but its been the only thing that has worked so far so i'm gonna rock on with it.
    btw, you look great.

Why the hell are you eating 1000 calories a day?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!