Clean Eating DOES make a difference

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I heard something about a pretzel bun and toxinz.

In.
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Again people, this isn't the place to go and nitpick her diary or how she lost her weight. She is trying to celebrate her success and it is very douchy to detract from that and try to call her out.

Your zipper's down.

Yeah....because educating her on how its not clean eating IS douchy. About as douchy as a teacher pointing out your mistakes on a test, oh my what has this world come too..by the way it Is down.

Its not that they are being *kitten* seriously, people are too sensitive.

DAMN, read that response too damn fast.

I take back my cup AND my drank :noway:

Guess my delivery was a tiny bit *****y sorry about that.
  • galededras
    galededras Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone busting her balls about it? Everyone has their own definition of "clean" eating. Just like everyone has their own definition of "low-carb".
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    you did great it works for you pay no attention to the negativity

It isn't negativity...

...it's clarification of an ambiguity.

Without it, people might be led to believe that OP was successful because she eschewed all "dirty" food and stuck to a strict regimen of only "clean" foods...

...which would be inaccurate. When others tried it and did not have the same results, they would be disappointed and potentially go back to their "EAT ALL TEH FOODZ!!1!eleven!1" ways...

...and that would be unfortunate...and tragic...or at least slightly sad.

^this. This was at least my motivation. Also the other alternative of attempting to eat "cleaner" and "cleaner" until nothing is being eaten. (someone on my FL is doing this right now and is seriously struggling. I'd hate for her to see this and cut MORE things out of her diet and end up tragic.)

I wonder how anybody survived thousands of years ago without Jack in the box, Burger king, McDonalds, cookies ect ect. she is just trying to stay away from those foods that is all don't be mad. everything in moderation is key we know.

Then start talking about moderation with so many of the rest of us and put your judgment down. Your posts so far are completely out of control and missing the point that has been discussed.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone busting her balls about it? Everyone has their own definition of "clean" eating. Just like everyone has their own definition of "low-carb".

Because she used the thread title to attribute her results to clean eating, when her results actually came from consistent calorie deficit and exercise. It was misleading. That's all.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I like how some people just pretend that this thread isn't political (ya know, in the sense that the debate of IIFYM vs. clean eating is political on a health and fitness site). Look at the title, friends. She capitalized "does," putting emphasis on that word and thereby implying that all of those who say that it doesn't matter are *wrong*. A lovely specimen of politicized capitalization, right there. So even though this thread is in the "success stories," it clearly invites debate. Words matter, tone matters. And, you know, reading skills matter. Stop pretending that we can't engage in debate about the OP's post and consequent revelations about eating habits just because this is a success thread. :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

In.

This just in!

I have it on good authority that Red Robin now also has a pretzel bun burger.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    She capitalized "does," putting emphasis on that word and thereby implying that all of those who say that it doesn't matter are *wrong*. A lovely specimen of politicized capitalization, right there. So even though this thread is in the "success stories," it clearly invites debate. Words matter, tone matters.

Insightful and well put. I've only seen two posts by you, but you're already one of my favorites :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    Options

In.

This just in!

I have it on good authority that Red Robin now also has a pretzel bun burger.

GTFO.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

So you are combatting Darwinism? Why do you hate science?

You. I've decided, I like you.

There.

Would share pretzel burger with.

Let's not get out of control, now... this is a pretzel burger we're talking about. Maybe I could find a BOGO coupon to share.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    I'm trying to decide if I could fit a Pretzel burger in diary today. I may be over my sodium. :(
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to decide if I could fit a Pretzel burger in diary today. I may be over my sodium. :(

For a mere 680 calories!!! forget the sodium lol..... drink a couple extra glass of water tomorrow... By the sounds of it. it will be worth it!!!! :drinker:
  • KellyMarie528
    Options
    Again people, this isn't the place to go and nitpick her diary or how she lost her weight. She is trying to celebrate her success and it is very douchy to detract from that and try to call her out.

Truth. So what if OP believes it's her clean eating that made a difference? I highly doubt that her intent was to intentionally deceive others. Who cares how she worded the title? This isn't a shake o thread. It's not a "my way is the only way thread". It's not a HcG thread. Give the girl a break...sweet jeebus.

For REAL!

Calorie Deficits while eating whatever = weight loss (fat, muscle, water)

Calorie Deficits + Clean Eating (with sufficient protein) = fat/water loss and muscle gain (or maintenance)

Aaaaaand..... attack! ::hides behind shield of complex carbs and lean protein:::
  • lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Everyone walks their own road with all their own lives and circumstances. Who cares you look great I would want to make sure I did eat a bit more protein if I were you I think you might be operating on a deficit. Im Happy for everyone who accomplishes anything ... Good luck.
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great job OP!!! Do what works for you. Eating dirty didn't work for me so I think I will try the other way. Congrats to those who can eat junk and lose weight. We bow down to your tickers.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Truth. So what if OP believes it's her clean eating that made a difference? I highly doubt that her intent was to intentionally deceive others. Who cares how she worded the title? This isn't a shake o thread. It's not a "my way is the only way thread". It's not a HcG thread. Give the girl a break...sweet jeebus.

For REAL!

Calorie Deficits + Clean Eating (with sufficient protein) = fat/water loss and muscle gain (or maintenance)

Aaaaaand..... attack! ::hides behind shield of complex carbs and lean protein:::

No attack. Do you have any credible source(s) for the bolded statement?
  • aimeemanninghunter
    aimeemanninghunter Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd say the reason this worked is because you are on a VERY LOW CALORIE DIET. You aren't getting enough food at all....

A very low calorie diet is a specific thing. She is absolutely not on a VLCD.

It is a very low calorie diet. She is eating very low calories. It doesn't have to be a specific thing. She is not feeding her body. If that is what it took for her to lose weight, then she should get her thyroid checked...
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    great job on the loss!
    but how are protein bars and pop chips eating clean???
    Also are you hitting you calories goal with eating this little?

this
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

For REAL!

No attack. Do you have any credible source(s) for the bolded statement?

No attack either but you beat me to it Mag......
  • delaniecastillo
    Options

For a mere 680 calories!!! forget the sodium lol..... drink a couple extra glass of water tomorrow... By the sounds of it. it will be worth it!!!! :drinker:
    It comes with cheddar cheese sauce and cheddar slice... i nix one or the other and that is a good 100 calories off and probably 100sodium. I retain like crazy so I have to be careful. It blows but IT FITS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!