Clean Eating DOES make a difference

Options

Replies

• GreenChile3
    Options
    sooooooooo did someone mention a pretzel burger from Wendy's????
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Again people, this isn't the place to go and nitpick her diary or how she lost her weight. She is trying to celebrate her success and it is very douchy to detract from that and try to call her out.

Truth. So what if OP believes it's her clean eating that made a difference? I highly doubt that her intent was to intentionally deceive others. Who cares how she worded the title? This isn't a shake o thread. It's not a "my way is the only way thread". It's not a HcG thread. Give the girl a break...sweet jeebus.

Intentional or not she is misleading people and rather then allow the spread of stupidity these fine people want to educate some unfortunate soul who is actually looking for the right way to lose weight. Its not JUST OP thats reading this, i myself would have and had been lead astray by people like this so for the sake of education get over it.

Yah yah yah. I've been around here for awhile...I know how it works. I understand that you're trying to change the world one snarky post at a time. I understand what the message is but the delivery sucks.

OP, let this be a lesson to you. Next time you want to post anything, ask any of these fine people to proofread first and rewrite as necessary. Only post after receiving their approval.

/sarcasm.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    sooooooooo did someone mention a pretzel burger from Wendy's????

Yes Yes I believe they did..... :drinker:
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Again people, this isn't the place to go and nitpick her diary or how she lost her weight. She is trying to celebrate her success and it is very douchy to detract from that and try to call her out.

Your zipper's down.

Yeah....because educating her on how its not clean eating IS douchy. About as douchy as a teacher pointing out your mistakes on a test, oh my what has this world come too..by the way it Is down.

Its not that they are being *kitten* seriously, people are too sensitive.

That isnt even a proper comparison.

Le sigh.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options
    you did great it works for you pay no attention to the negativity

It isn't negativity...

...it's clarification of an ambiguity.

Without it, people might be led to believe that OP was successful because she eschewed all "dirty" food and stuck to a strict regimen of only "clean" foods...

...which would be inaccurate. When others tried it and did not have the same results, they would be disappointed and potentially go back to their "EAT ALL TEH FOODZ!!1!eleven!1" ways...

...and that would be unfortunate...and tragic...or at least slightly sad.

^this. This was at least my motivation. Also the other alternative of attempting to eat "cleaner" and "cleaner" until nothing is being eaten. (someone on my FL is doing this right now and is seriously struggling. I'd hate for her to see this and cut MORE things out of her diet and end up tragic.)

I wonder how anybody survived thousands of years ago without Jack in the box, Burger king, McDonalds, cookies ect ect. she is just trying to stay away from those foods that is all don't be mad. everything in moderation is key we know.
  • BurningAway
    Options

Truth. So what if OP believes it's her clean eating that made a difference? I highly doubt that her intent was to intentionally deceive others. Who cares how she worded the title? This isn't a shake o thread. It's not a "my way is the only way thread". It's not a HcG thread. Give the girl a break...sweet jeebus.

Intentional or not she is misleading people and rather then allow the spread of stupidity these fine people want to educate some unfortunate soul who is actually looking for the right way to lose weight. Its not JUST OP thats reading this, i myself would have and had been lead astray by people like this so for the sake of education get over it.

Yah yah yah. I've been around here for awhile...I know how it works. I understand that you're trying to change the world one snarky post at a time. I understand what the message is but the delivery sucks.

OP, let this be a lesson to you. Next time you want to post anything, ask any of these fine people to proofread first and rewrite as necessary. Only post after receiving their approval.

/sarcasm.

I wasnt trying to be snarky :flowerforyou: my apologies.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. Sorry your *Success Story* turned into a debate :(
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Your zipper's down.

Yeah....because educating her on how its not clean eating IS douchy. About as douchy as a teacher pointing out your mistakes on a test, oh my what has this world come too..by the way it Is down.

Le sigh.

If you want to be pedantic, then be pedantic. Don't pick and choose.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options

/sarcasm.

LOL this gotta be my favorite post today.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    You know what's funny....

This success story thread turned into a debate over clean eating because the OP misleadingly attributed her weight loss to clean eating. Some people lament the fact that a success story thread turned into a debate as a result.

I started a success story thread intended to show people that you can be very successful without clean eating. I correctly attributed my weight loss to calorie control, protein intake, and exercise. That thread turned into a debate about clean eating too, with people angry at me for daring to suggest that you can achieve your goals while still eating "dirty" food regularly.

My thread got locked. I wonder if this one will.
  • GreenChile3
    Options
    Oh, bacon pretzel burger. Where have you been all my life?
    [/quote]

web_WendysPretzelJax.jpg
    [/quote]
  • BurningAway
    Options

Your zipper's down.

Le sigh.

If you want to be pedantic, then be pedantic. Don't pick and choose.

Yeah ok, thanks for that.
  • whierd
    Options

This success story thread turned into a debate over clean eating because the OP misleadingly attributed her weight loss to clean eating. Some people lament the fact that a success story thread turned into a debate as a result.

I started a success story thread intended to show people that you can be very successful without clean eating. I correctly attributed my weight loss to calorie control, protein intake, and exercise. That thread turned into a debate about clean eating too, with people angry at me for daring to suggest that you can achieve your goals while still eating "dirty" food regularly.

You know it will be. :laugh:
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options

It's because every single . freaking. person thats ever lost a pound thinks that they have the answers to weight loss. And they are not content to just have the answer... everyone else has to agree with every. single. word they say.

Edited to say: Everyone just stop with the grapefruits! I don't like them and I'm never gonna eat one!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Your zipper's down.

DAMN, read that response too damn fast.

I take back my cup AND my drank :noway:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

So you are combatting Darwinism? Why do you hate science?

You. I've decided, I like you.

There.
  • DaniDC28
    DaniDC28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Dirty dog eating + exercise = 156 pound loss.

BOOM

I just laughed out loud at this!! So funny! Congratulations!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Eating pizza, ice cream & fast food = 113 pounds down ????????????

Okay so I eat a ton of lean meat, fruits & veggies too ????????
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Oh, bacon pretzel burger. Where have you been all my life?

web_WendysPretzelJax.jpg
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

It's waiting for you at Wendy's my friend. Don't get the double though, a source I trust on the nature of fast food says it takes away from the bun, and believe me when I saw you do not wanna take away from that amazing bun.
  • whierd
    Options

So you are combatting Darwinism? Why do you hate science?

You. I've decided, I like you.

There.

Would share pretzel burger with.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!