Eating Clean - No Such Thing

Options

Replies

• suzyluzy
    suzyluzy Posts: 78
    Options
    I am not telling anyone they are doing anything wrong, in fact I give everyone kudos for their weight loss.. It's just disappointing to see that people fail to understand how important eating well is, not just working off the calories... But whatever works for you, works, right? So just do that you want.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    :blushing:
    anyways guys, it's clear you guys really want to argue and i just thought i'd put in my two cents worth, sorry to push some buttons!

Drop in a thread, spout some unsupported nonsense, tell a bunch of people they're doing everything wrong and killing themselves.....

Then run off immediately when called on it.

Smooth, bro.

I'm starting to like you more and more with each post. Can...we be... friends...maybe? Tehehehe
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Yes we get it..theres no dirty and clean way..

but you know what? he is talking about IIFYM. Not a lot of people understand this way of eating.

I actually eat clean...but I also count IIFYM... I also have a lot of IFBB pro friends who would laugh at this "pop tart" way of eating.

so yes, if you want to know more about macros, please google IIFYM..it will tell you all about it.

Until then..I'll stick with my gluten free, egg whites, chicken and sweat potatoes =)

Just MY opinion =)
  • rajathwalharris
    Options
    Hey there,
    I'd like to challenge that.....I agree with you on the whole "clean" and "dirty" foods...but those are just words....words that we have given foods.....meaning the "clean" are the good for you....keep you full and are less damaging then the sodium filled processed crap...however...my challenge is this.....not everyone is the same, no two people are the same .....genetics...health issues....age, etc...all these are factors in weight loss. I'm 40 now and I am noticing that even though I eat "clean"...lol....or reasonably healthy still, I still can't seem too lose those last 10 lbs.... If you view my food diary, yes you will notice that i am not eating enough, but that'snot by choice, i am fighting a losing battle...being T1 diabetic, renal issues, and a low thyroid....all these things stack against me.
    I work out at least 6x a week and I am no stranger to the gym....but I will tell you that if I went around eating even 1200 calories of sodium filled food...I would swell up and have major water retention....as I have kidney issues.....so in comment to your post about "clean" eating.....sometimes it is the right way to go but there are other factors that effect your weight loss ...sometimes things that are out of your control.
  • suzyluzy
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you, ahh how frustrating!
  • jonnythan
    Options

So can you define "insides that suck" please?
  • suzyluzy
    Options

If you scroll up and read my other comments they explain it thoroughly.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

If you scroll up and read my other comments they explain it thoroughly, I am not sure what compels you to be a huge bully but man, you are being a huge jack *kitten*...

misery loves company the whole gang of them LOL
  • jonnythan
    Options

If you scroll up and read my other comments they explain it thoroughly, I am not sure what compels you to be a huge bully but man, you are being a huge jack *kitten*...

The most you said was "the nutrient deficiencies."

So if that's the extent of it, which nutrients am I deficient in as a result of regular fast food eating? And if you meant more than that, what more did you mean?

Please. Elaborate.

And... being a bully? I'm not the one in here telling people that the way they eat will cause their kids to have autism, cause them to have "insides that suck," etc. Who's the bully? The one saying people can enjoy food they love, or the ones telling others their insides suck and they're giving their children diseases?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I eat:
    Fast food 1-2 times a week.
    Restaurant food once a week.
    "Processed convenience food" like boxed, flavored noodles or rice 2 times a week.

I'm 33 years old. Have a healthy BMI. An "athlete" level body fat percentage. I can bench press 100+ pounds for reps, deadlift 170. I can mountain bike 10 miles easily. Lift and carry 2 children at once, all the groceries, etc.

I haven't been to the doctor for a while so I can't claim healthy blood test results. However my husband just went. His blood work all came back very healthy and he eats the same "un-clean" diet I do, plus he can ride his bike 100 miles and has a 12% body fat percentage.

Pretty sure our insides don't "suck".
  • liftingheavy1
    Options
    I eat:
    "Processed convenience food" like boxed, flavored noodles or rice 2 times a week.

I'm 33 years old. Have a healthy BMI. An "athlete" level body fat percentage. I can bench press 100+ pounds for reps, deadlift 170. I can mountain bike 10 miles easily. Lift and carry 2 children at once, all the groceries, etc.

I haven't been to the doctor for a while so I can't claim healthy blood test results. However my husband just went. His blood work all came back very healthy and he eats the same "un-clean" diet I do, plus he can ride his bike 100 miles and has a 12% body fat percentage.

of course now you don't you feel invincible and that is all that matters :)
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I eat:

Do you have anything to add to the thread besides homophobic insults and vague threats about premature death?
  • Zebusz
    Zebusz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want. An informed, adult individual has the ability to make their own choices.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options
    I eat:

Do you have anything to add to the thread besides homophobic insults and vague threats about premature death?

funny coming from you that just talks crap to people LOL
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I eat:

Promotes intellectual honesty, freedom of food choice, and asks people to back up statements with sources = talks crap to people?

That's a new one.
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    I eat:

Please just go to bed.
  • elawoman72
    elawoman72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want. An informed, adult individual has the ability to make their own choices.

Our bodies are our temples. Handle with care.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options
    I eat:

Please just go to bed.

now you guys know how people feel about you the feeling is mutual I'm sure you understand.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Some people are concerned about more than fat loss, such as cholesterol and blood sugar levels, etc. Eating crap food at a deficit will indeed cause weight loss but it doesn't necessarily equal physical health.
    I didn't change my eating pattern. By simply eating at a deficit (and exercising) I reduced my cholesterol by 80 points. I was also prediabetic and prehypertensive, all turned to normal after I lost weight the un-clean way.

This guy had the same experience:
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Now, I'm not gonna go to the extremes like the good professor. I still think a balanced diet is healthier and more sustainable as a lifestyle. But, unless I'm planning to go beyond being healthy and get into the realm of aesthetics (like bodybuilding), I'm not gonna eat 'clean'.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Liftingheavy1, let's just get it out there, shall we? You're a lonely teenage boy who gets his rocks off on trolling random internet forums. Just say it so we can all continue ignoring your semi-literate and irrelevant comments. Kthanksbye.