What is the lowest IQ you would date?

Options
taso42
taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
Like are you ok going out with someone a little bit stupid, a lot stupid, or not at all stupid?

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    No diploma, no date. Also anyone that claims a statistically improbable number, no date. Unsmart people do that to sound smart. http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/iqtable.aspx
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I''m only 137, so pretty stupid I guess. But I look pretty sitting in the corner and smiling! x
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i once dated a girl and after going out with her for months she revealed she got an insanely low SAT score. i dont remember it exactly but it was like 500 or so. i never looked at her the same way again.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Anything below 125 (on 100=avg scale) simply won't work for me.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Meh, depends on how they present their intelligence.

I don't like teh dummehs.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    no college diploma/degree. Sorry but....
  • whierd
    Options
    I''m only 137, so pretty stupid I guess. But I look pretty sitting in the corner and smiling! x

tumblr_lxtcmxI5u91r72gm7o1_400.gif
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I've dated my share of stupid men. I would not use a college degree as a barrier to dating, since there are plenty of idiots with a higher education; however, if they can't participate in an intellectual conversation or don't bother reading a newspaper or news magazine every now and again, I'd pass and look for someone who was more interesting.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    college degree =/= high intelligence. trust me.
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    IQ is a flawed construct. I need someone who cares about art, culture, and science. As long as he or she can keep up and present interesting thoughts, I don't really care what score they were assigned on one or more of several tests so biased they might as well be arbitrary.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    There's book smart, there's social smart and there's practical smart. I like a combo of the 3. And also, funny.
  • GetSoda
    Options

Well of course there are exceptions. Like someone that invented something or started some revolutionary company at a very young age and simply has been so successful they don't have time for college.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I find my dates at mensa meetings :wink:
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I would never date a woman who said "I thought only boy cats could have boy kittens."
    True story.
  • whierd
    Options

Well of course there are exceptions. Like someone that invented something or started some revolutionary company at a very young age and simply has been so successful they don't have time for college.

I am highly intelligent with no degree. *shrugs* Actually turned out to be a good decision, financially.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I prefer smart and somewhat nerdy.

danica-mckellar.jpg
  • GetSoda
    Options

I am highly intelligent with no degree. *shrugs* Actually turned out to be a good decision, financially.

Well, mostly I was just messing about there. But depending on the degree, avoiding college could easily be a smart financial move.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I once dated a girl who was drop dead gorgeous but dumb as a bag of hammers. Never again.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

HEY! What's that supposed to mean?!
  • GetSoda
    Options

HEY! What's that supposed to mean?!

You are in the less than 1 percentile, shouldn't you know?