Fit For Future Families 2

Options
Hello everyone!

This group is being started to lend support and motivation to those who are TTC, or plan to TTC. This group blossomed from another group (Pregnancy - 2010).

Fit For Families is not for pregnant women, I would ask that you join our sister group for like-minded support and motivation (they're really great there!!). Here's the link to he pregnancy board: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/110947-pregnancy-2010-august?page=10 (it will lead you to their September link once it's up and running).

This group is very goal-oriented (no matter what your goals are) and I hope will be a place for you to come share your story and track your progress.

Check in will be each Monday to keep us accountable over the weekend. Each week we set our own fitness or health goals, and the more suggestions the better!

I love this group!

Welcome one and all!

Link to First Thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/107503-fit-for-future-families

Replies

• kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Here we go!!! Can't believe it's September already!! I haven't set many goals lately so I'm going to know.

1- 120 crunches every morning
    2- 30 push ups every morning
    3- water water water!
    4- zumba 3 times a week :)
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Hello! I'm new. Can I join your little group?

I've been TTC since January and trying to stay motivated with working out off and on since we started. I've done really well in the last few weeks since I got completely frustrated with TTC last month. I figured I might as well obsess on the one thing I can control instead of obsessing about TTC. I was tracking my information on Prevention.com, but their food diary just isn't as god as myfitnesspal's. And the community looks nice here, too.
  • hannahlbt
    Options
    My husband and I lost our first baby and have been TTC for the past 8 months. It's been a process. I'm on clomid now and hoping that will work. I want to be as healthy as I can so I can concieve again. I would love any support I can get and would be happy to share with anyone going through the same thing.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    ericaroo & hannahlbt - welcome to the group! Please feel free to take a look through the last thread so you can get to know everyone.

hannahlbt - Sorry for your loss :flowerforyou:

So my goals for the week (as stated on the last thread) : Starting Sept 1 - detox for 14 days. Make it to the gym 3 times, do 30DS twice, drink 60 - 80 oz water per day.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    IM excited to say that I hit 40 lbs gone today :) and so my to go is way less then what ive lost which is great. Im hoping that the next 25 lbs will come easy so I can redo my goal. since for my hiegh 135 is still over weight. I can not wait untill I am out of the obese catagory! Im hoping by xmas to be at goal and if so we will be getting some great FUN family pictures.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    IM excited to say that I hit 40 lbs gone today :) and so my to go is way less then what ive lost which is great. Im hoping that the next 25 lbs will come easy so I can redo my goal. since for my hiegh 135 is still over weight. I can not wait untill I am out of the obese catagory! Im hoping by xmas to be at goal and if so we will be getting some great FUN family pictures.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Wow its September already??? 3 more months and we start TTC! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I better get rid of these last 15 pounds before then!!!!

Today I stated Jillian Michaels 30 Day Slim Down program again. I got up early to get my workout in before I could talk myself out of it. I’ve been letting myself slack in the excercise department and I always do much better when I have a schedule for follow. I won’t be able to do the whole 30 days because my in-laws are taking us to Atlantic City when they visit at the end of the month, but other than the days I’m gone I’ll do it every day.

Welcome ericaroo and hannahlbt!!!!
  • ron2282
    Options

That’s awesome, 40 pounds is great!!!! I cried when I got out of the obese category.
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I love the 1st day of the month...it's like a fresh start! I'm starting the 30day shred today...I plan to do it Sept 1st- Sept 30th....no days off! I'm READY to set my diary to "Maintain" !! **Yeah right, i'm going to get to 130 and say "Hey, I'd love to be 125...what's 5 more lbs!" ** I'm also going to start the prenatal vitamins today...today marks 3 years since my husband and I met and 4 months left until we start TTC!
    Day 3 of snacking is going well! Today's snack is celery and peanut butter (packed a Jiff to go cup, I ate half with my celery and the other half is going on a PBJ for lunch!) and edemame for afternoon snack! Going to target today to get a super cute lunch box as a reward!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options

YAY! It's it great when you hit those '0s? Jalara, hope your detox goes well - I've never been able to do it! **People posted while I was writing....LOL 30 days straight is very intense - good luck to the both of you :)

As for me, my goals this month are to really focus on my water (I've been slacking in this department somewhat, waiting until after work to gulp down bottle after bottle). I want to make sure I drink half of my water before noon - starting tomorrow that is. After all the discussions about the pre-natals in the last thread, I have to start back on them (my fertility doc offered us up freebies, so I'm waiting until after I see her, but that won't be until the end of the month. Last but not least, I want to be able to record something in my exercise journal every day. Already I know I've got excuses ready (I can barely move today with my bad back, but then I should be doing lots of stretches and moving those muscles so they work a little bit and get stronger)

I really would like to be between 5-10lbs down by the end of the month - now that the AF water weight is coming off again, I see it coming to fruition....just have to bust my butt a little bit.

Welcome to the newbies
  • epa422
    Options
    I skimmed through the first and last pages of the other post. I think I'll need awhile to get through all 20 pages. :-) I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

My goals for the rest of the week:
    Get used to using my new heart rate monitor.
    Wednesday: Ab/cardio intervals
    Thursday: 40 min cardio
    Friday: Pilates
    Saturday: Ab/cardio intervals
    Sunday: 40 min cardio
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! i have the same goals as most of you to be fit for my future family!

Let me begin by introducing myself: i am 24 and have been married for almost 3 years. (3 years Dec. 15th). When I married my husband i weighed 170 and had spent about 7 hard months losing 35 pounds to get to 170. I did this through proper eating and working out. Well, then life circumstances hit. 4 months after being married my father passed away from a massive heart attack. I was in school full time and working 30 hours a week. By December of 2008, my Mom's health started to fail and she herself had a massive heart attack. All of the sudden at barely 22 years old I became a caregiver to my mother who lived an hour away from me. My poor hubby and I never had a chance to really experience newly wed bliss, and i became very depressed and gained 56 pounds!

The good news in all of this is that life is getting back on track. My mom jsut had open heart surgery (one of the 3 surgeries she is due for). God blessed us and she came through this very well. She is almost able to take care of herself full time again, and wiht the help of other family, I haven't been traveling back and forth so much. These past 6 months have been the first time since we were married that my husband and I have been able to focus on one another and our needs instead of everyone elses. So, that is what we are doing! I am losing an average of 5 pounds a month again.

My inspiration is to be healthy for our future family. My hubby is 5 years older than me (29) and he is ready to have children. I am scared to death though that I will begin to have health issues like my mom and dad. I don't want to put my children through that. So, Until I lose the weight, we are waiting. But it has become a huge motivator for me. I see babies everywhere now, and i know that my time is soon!

Here is my check in for this week since I missed Monday (oh and I usually weigh in on Friday and Monday, so I will post again for Friday and again on Monay)

I am currently 213.5 pounds. My starting weight was 226.5. That is a weight loss of 13 pounds!

I have my goals posted in my signature, so i wont restate all of them, however, my goal for september would be to lose 5-10 pounds.
  • Mellie13
    Options
    Welcome newbies, it's exciting to have you here! My goals are to kick to soda habit (that I have conveniently picked back up again-arg!) and drink more water. Another goal is to get a workout schedule & workout at least once a week since I have been majorly slacking in that department as well and we cancelled our gym membership to save money!
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    Hello everyone! Welcome to all our new faces.

AlisaToth - I SOOOO hear you on getting a cute lunchbox. I love them and this is the time of year with all of the back-to-school stuff out. Mine stinks and I haven't found a super cute one to replace it yet. I really want one I love. My sister went to a bag party with a lady who sells all different types and she bought the cutest lunchbox. I'm jealous. :smile:

My goals this week are to drink more water as well. I fell asleep last night without finishing what I was supposed to. :-(

Well, I'm off to make dinner.
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    Jillian Michaels...Day one last night...NOT as bad as i was expecting, but i still worked up a good sweat and am pretty sore today. What scares me is, i'll be doing it again tonight....I'm just hoping i'll be able to walk/lift my arms tomorrow. My son did it with me which was fun! He currently has an obsession with weighing himself (gee...I wonder where he got THAT from...haha) but his motive is, he wants to weigh more than the dog...I feel that is pretty innocent! :-)

Got my lunch box yesterday! I ran to target yesterday on my lunch break (I eat at my desk anyway) and got a SUPER cute one that has a brown/green top and the bottom half is white with multicolored polka dots, packed it full of healthy snacks today! :-)
    I also started taking the prenatal vitamins yesterady. I took them right after i got done eating dinner, i did get a little queezy at one point, but that's also bc i ate a big burrito for dinner then did 30 day shred immediatly following that! So far so good...

I'm excited to have a few newbies! I love this board! It is so nice to have support and encouragment from other people who share similar goals. Hopefully we'll be able to have kids the same age soon! :-)
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    I wondered why the other post wasn't updated in 23 hours....

omg people, slow down! it's so hard to keep up after a couple of days. :wink: it's soo great to see everyone doing well. And congratulations everyone on the weight loss and success stories.

welcome all newbies!

can't believe it's september already. just brings us another month closer to TTC. my hubby dear has stopped using...um....protectors, but still pulling out :blushing: hoping not to get preggo until dec with my sil gets married, I still need to stop taking my BCP though.

My doc suggested that I take Prenatals too, but iron makes me sick and AF gets all confused, so I haven't started yet. I'll probably have to stop the BCP before I start the Prenatls so they don't interact.
  • epa422
    Options
    Alisa,

I take my prenatals right before bed. I used to take them midday and they'd give me fishy burps (thank you, DHA) and make me nauseous. So I switched and haven't had a problem since.

Paldal, I don't think BCP and vitamins would interact.
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    Paldal - Prenatals can effect your BC??? I did not know that! I'm going to have to do some research on it now...i say that, i'm going off BC next month anyway (still not actually TTC until Jan but getting my body ready) so i guess it doesn't matter THAT much.... Hmm...Maybe I should hold off on the vitamins until next month! :-/
    Iron NORMALLY makes me ill too but i took them in the evening on a full stomach and that seemed to help. We'll see how tonight works out!
  • ron2282
    Options
    I’ve been taking prenatals for about a month (doctor suggested I start b/c my hair was falling out as a side effect of my weight loss). :grumble: She told me there would be no effect to my BCP and I haven’t had and changes with AF.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ron2282 - I just wanted to say how great you are doing with the weightloss! I started at the same weight as you, and was keeping up for a while, but now I will have to wait 8 months to try to catch up. You are such an inspiration, and I hope I can be as successful as you are once I start loosing weight again!