Grossed out by excessive eating after losing weight?

Options
So today I noticed for the first time that when people overeat I get disgusted. I went out with my parents today and we stopped at a restaurant for lunch. I got a honey mustard chicken wrap and fries and only ate about half of the wrap and only a quarter of the fries (they gave you so many)! Now, my mom is a good eater, but my dad got a turkey sandwich covered in gravy, and ate it all. Then ate all of my fries plus his which were soaked in gravy. THEN, he ordered a piece of pie! I felt like throwing up. I want to tell him to get healthy, but it would make him angry. I've only lost 13 pounds and already feel this way, is it normal?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    I would say no, it's not normal. Eating disorders have probably started this way, be careful.
  • mojoinaboxx
    mojoinaboxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    damn it now i'm hungry ...... thanks lol
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    You have on your judgypants dear, you're going to need to learn to take them off now.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    MMMMmmmm Gravy on FRIES???? YUM!!
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You have on your judgypants dear, you're going to need to learn to take them off now.

^This!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    So today I noticed for the first time that when people overeat I get disgusted. I went out with my parents today and we stopped at a restaurant for lunch. I got a honey mustard chicken wrap and fries and only ate about half of the wrap and only a quarter of the fries (they gave you so many)! Now, my mom is a good eater, but my dad got a turkey sandwich covered in gravy, and ate it all. Then ate all of my fries plus his which were soaked in gravy. THEN, he ordered a piece of pie! I felt like throwing up. I want to tell him to get healthy, but it would make him angry. I've only lost 13 pounds and already feel this way, is it normal?

It doesn't sound overly normal, no.

Also I want some pie. Warm. With ice cream on top. And fries with gravy, which is the best way to eat them to be honest.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

Why am I not surprised to hear you telling some girl to take her pants off. smh.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    No, it really isn't -- if watching someone eat a lot makes you feel like throwing up.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't so blazing hot I would be eating some fries with some gravy. They are awesome that way. I also like fries dipped in may.

The only excessive eating that grosses me out is my own. My idea of excessive has changed a lot. I have gone from being ok eating a pizza by myself to thinking if I eat more than 2000 calories in a day it's too much.

You are going to have a hard life if you judge everyone by how much they eat
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    No, it's not normal. Before losing your 13 pounds, how would you have felt if someone told you they were grossed out by your eating habits and to eat healthy? You most likely would have been angry and hurt, too.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm confused by the responses. Yes, I feel that way. I often say something. Not mean, just kinda like, "wow. I gues you're hungry, eh?"

I'm very judgey of that with friends and family. If its an occasion, I don't care. But, if it's as you described, yes, that's too much food for a person.

^ says the person who downed a whole container of Ben and Jerry's yesterday. :huh: Some might think THAT is too much food for one person (I'm not one of them, but just sayin').

(Judgypants come in different sizes, apparently.)

I'd be super-annoyed if someone felt the need to comment on what, or how much, I chose to eat.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options

tumblr_mbt7oerWxu1rxaypuo1_400.gif

Do not be "THAT PERSON". Enjoy your weight loss and lead by example.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    I understand you, but keep the focus on YOU. You have been set free, and this is an AMAZING feeling. I was set free from food addiction 7 months ago. Its a one day at a time thing (and I still eat sweets and the occasional slice of pizza), but I dont gorge myself anymore like I used to. That feeling of sickness was most likely the pain of seeing someone you love killing themselves with food. But KNOW that you can only lead by example, and try not to judge, we live in a food obsessed culture. A culture driven to obesity with all of the tasty possibilities. You are most likely learning about moderation...its a huge journey, and you will want to help everyone. You will be able to help MANY. But not always the ones you want to, at least not right away. Im sorry that happened to you today. Try to find the emotion behind that upset stomach and you will be well on your way to moving forward and through it. Good luck hon! :)
  • amraf1024
    amraf1024 Posts: 74
    Options
    Is it surprise or true wow that's nasty!
    Example I quit smoking at first I thought everyone who still did was gross then I realized its the smell and now I'm always like wow I smelt like that...if they only knew

So is it real grossed out then no not really normal and saying something is rude in any way just because they are not on the same lifestyle path as u...
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    well, i think that if you were prone to eating to excess before you started your current regime, then it might be a bit natural to wonder to yourself how in the world you used to eat like that and feel a little disgusted...with yourself.

buuuuttt...i think you should be careful to not to judge others now that you feel reformed. everyone is in a different place, live and let live.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I think it's definitely normal to be more aware of what you, and others, are eating... but being disgusted and judgmental probably isn't normal.

Although, I will say, when I see my pre-diabetic mom buying candy everyday it does make me sad because she tells me all the time what she needs to do.. she just doesn't do it... :cry: I really wish she would.

But I'm not going to judge others for what they choose to eat! That would be like them judging me for eating a poptart ice cream sandwich when I'm supposed to be "on a diet" as they say.... :indifferent: Besides, I'm sure several people on my friend's list would put away all of that and more! lol
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm confused by the responses. Yes, I feel that way. I often say something. Not mean, just kinda like, "wow. I gues you're hungry, eh?"

I'm very judgey of that with friends and family. If its an occasion, I don't care. But, if it's as you described, yes, that's too much food for a person.

I'm always confused by people who admit that they engage in jerk-like behavior so freely.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

tumblr_mbt7oerWxu1rxaypuo1_400.gif

Do not be "THAT PERSON". Enjoy your weight loss and lead by example.

QFT Lead by example and live your life the way you want too but don't expect to get a positive response from anyone if you try to tell them how to live theirs...... Best of Luck
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm just oblivious to the world. I don;t pay attention in the gym, I don't watch what other people eat or how they are eating it.

I really just don't care. I focus on what I'm doing.