Pregnancy 2010 - September

Options

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I agree about not calling it morning sickness. Up until this point, I just feel yucky from about 4pm until I go to bed, but this morning was a wake up call!

I have only thrown up in the evenings--3 pm on seems to be my worst time. Usually mornings are ok as long as I am eating but that seems to be grazing, and not being too active... I wear down a lot faster than I expect to!
  • ljmcquade
    ljmcquade Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use cloth nappies - there are loads of site on the internet where you can get trial packs. I think there's one called the nappy lady who does a pack with lots of different makes in one pack.
  • yessie75
    Options
    I'm having such a hard time driving after school. i feel like I'm falling asleep! Today I even swerved a little. I told my husband and I think we are going to start car pooling. I felt quite a few contractions today. i didn't timed them. I'm awake from 2 am to 4 am evryday, i think the baby is getting me ready for nighttime feedingss :) i even did two loads of laudry at that time :blushing:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I'm having such a hard time driving after school. i feel like I'm falling asleep! Today I even swerved a little. I told my husband and I think we are going to start car pooling. I felt quite a few contractions today. i didn't timed them. I'm awake from 2 am to 4 am evryday, i think the baby is getting me ready for nighttime feedingss :) i even did two loads of laudry at that time :blushing:

When does your maternity leave start? I know here in California we get 4 weeks before and 6 weeks after (8 if c-section). Be careful! Hopefully you'll be resting soon before your little one gets here.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    We decided we would start with disposables since cloth diapers so rarely fit newborns well (are EXTRA bulky!) and then try out cloth diapers. If we like them we'll invest in the rest. :-D So excited for baby to come!
  • souldancer
    Options
    Angela- you look beautiful

Yessi- it definetly sounds like it is time for baby, how exciting

Hi Ladies, I went to the doctor last week and heard my baby's heartbeat, 130 bpm, and saw the ultrasound to confirm how far along in pregnancy I am, 17 weeks. I am so happy that my glucose level is good, not anemic and this time, not having high blood pressure. It was so precious to see my darling baby dancing and doing yoga.
  • souldancer
    Options
    Do any of you ladies have the 30 Day Shred? I just started it Thursday. I will be doing it twice a week. If anyone wants to join me that would be great.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options

When does your maternity leave start? I know here in California we get 4 weeks before and 6 weeks after (8 if c-section). Be careful! Hopefully you'll be resting soon before your little one gets here.

4 weeks before and 6 after!! WOW - I wish it was that way here....we get the 6 weeks after (or 8 if c-section), but not the 4 before...that'd be nice! My due date is April 10th, which is the last day of our spring break, so I will have the week off before at least :smile:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Do any of you ladies have the 30 Day Shred? I just started it Thursday. I will be doing it twice a week. If anyone wants to join me that would be great.

Is that safe for us to do? I stopped once I found out I was preggo at 5 weeks
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Wow, 4 weeks before is great!!! We get 6 weeks after, but nothing before. If we need to take some time off before the baby comes we have to use part of the 6 weeks, so if I take a week or so off before the baby comes, I will only get 5 weeks after. It really stinks.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    How funny MWilson, that is my due date as well! That really sucks that you don't get 4 weeks before, even that seems too far along to be working. I have a 20 min commute and am so not looking forward to it later on. We pay for our own disability through payroll deduction so I do not understand why they do not allow you the time before. What state are you in?
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am in OH, but I work for a very small, private company, so they do not have to abide by the same rules as companies that have more than 50 people. I plan to take 12 weeks off afterwords, just with 6 of them totally unpaid. I am saving big-time to cover our expenses during that time.

Funny you mention the commute. I have about 45 minutes each way. Today I was driving in, and was so sick to my stomach, I decided I need to bring a bag with me in the car incase I cant get off the 6 lane highway when I get sick!!!
  • 00Angela00
    Options

I have it ... but will have to wait until after the baby's born to start it again. A little hard to do at nine months. lol
  • 00Angela00
    Options

Is that safe for us to do? I stopped once I found out I was preggo at 5 weeks

You should ALWAYS check with your OB before starting a new exercise program, but if you were active and did 30 day shred-like exercises before pregnancy it's likely your OB will be fine. You'll have to stop further along per your OB's recommendation. Exercise is important during pregnancy though. :-D
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    If you exercised before you got pregnant it is still safe, you just have to watch your heart rate. I think it isn't supposed to get over like 130 or something like that.

Plus they say don't start jogging if you didn't before. I don't know how anyone could, I feel like the front of my belly is trying to rip off. LOL

I have been doing walking and WAWTP and some weight training (very light stuff) at the gym. But I've been so exhausted I have only been able to do it 2 or so times a week.

If you can exercise you should. It will make it much easier on you. I wish I had done it with my first. Now that I am too tired and exhausted my blood pressure has jumped dramatically with this one. So I am trying to walk more now.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Heard the heart beat again with doppler in the docs office, she "checked" me down there, I don't remember that being so uncomfortable with my last pregnancy. She said that everything was where it should be.:flowerforyou:

My little boy now knows that a baby is grown in the uterus and comes from eggs in the ovaries and that most girls have a uterus and ovaries, not exactly what I wanted him to know. Hopefully now he won't tell any of the kids at school about it.:embarassed:

My blood pressure was 138 over 78 which is high for me. My BP before pregnancy was 116 over 63....so I really need to cut out all the sodium and start walking more.

I'm trying to really not cave to my cravings, I think it will be worth it in the end. Pray for me, those cravings are a monster.:smile:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I live in Washington and they only allow 6 weeks after vaginal birth or 8 weeks for C-section. No time off before unless you are put on bed rest. However you are allowed 6 additional weeks off with job security and benefits unpaid (not covered under disability, but you can use vacation and sick time), and lastly you can do another 6 weeks unpaid with no benefits, but job security. lol confusing right?! I'm planning on taking 12 weeks after little man's born. :-D
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm in Georgia. And like Angela, if you're on bedrest, disability will pay for that, but no other before time. Our timing is perfect though....and this is exactly how we planned it, I can't believe it worked out. I am due April 10th...which is the last day of our Spring Break, so my last day of work will be March 31st. Well (assuming I go on my due date) April 10th is exactly 6 weeks away from the last day of school. After that I have two months of summer....so all that time actually equals 4 months off with my little one!!! I had a hard enough time going back to school this school year after summer, I know it's going to be TORTURE next year! Even if I don't go on my due date, I don't plan on going back after Spring Break. I'll use sick days, or unpaid days, if I have to.

Ckmama, my sodium is getting out of hand, too. It's just so hard to eat real healthy right now.... :grumble:
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm glad to see everyone is doing well. :) The hubby and TTC last month and i'm in the waiting game. Did any of you ladies experience implantation bleeding and how heavy was the bleeding? I'm trying to figure out if that's what's going on with me or if i just started my menstrual cycle early. Any help is appreciated.:)

Angela: Can't wait to see the baby pics!

shoppingqueen: You inspire me to keep TTC I would love to have a little one around :)
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hey ladies checking in for the week
    SW(pre-pregnancy) 164
    CW (5 months) 175.8
    I just noticed that I have gained like 7 lbs in the last month! I guess it has to do with me finally being able to enjoy food. I totally understand how you gals don't want meat in the first trimester. The same thing happened with me I just ate lots of fruit and toast, in the second trimester I finally was able to enjoy meat and craved a burger practically every week. I think that its great that all you girls will have spring babies. I am awaiting my next prenatal appointment to find out what the results are on the lab test the AB testing and blood work. The nice thing is that I am really not stressed about it but I am dying to find out the results but I know that if something was wrong I would have got a call from the office so I am telling myself to not stress about it. Have a great and safe holiday weekend.