Looking for geek friends. :)

Options

Replies

• Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Hehe, I'll agree to disagree! FF6 was good, but didn't quite fit the bill for me for sure. I actually liked FF8 more than 6 honestly... =P Still a good game though regardless. I'm hoping they re-release the PC version of FF8 again with the same improvements as they did with 7. That'd be pretty sweet!

I thought all 3 ps1 final fantasy games were top notch. Go to show everyone has differing opinions because my favorite was 9. I know my opinion isn't the popular one, I like it. That said once 8 gets going its pretty good. Just a slow to start.

9 is my favorite of the 3 ps games.
  • Mythril
    Options

Hehe, I'll agree to disagree! FF6 was good, but didn't quite fit the bill for me for sure. I actually liked FF8 more than 6 honestly... =P Still a good game though regardless. I'm hoping they re-release the PC version of FF8 again with the same improvements as they did with 7. That'd be pretty sweet!

I thought all 3 ps1 final fantasy games were top notch. Go to show everyone has differing opinions because my favorite was 9. I know my opinion isn't the popular one, I like it. That said once 8 gets going its pretty good. Just a slow to start.

Yeh, 9 was pretty good, and I liked how they kind of took a step back and brought in some of the original class types that we were used to from like FF1. No other JRPG that I've played though matches up to 6, 7, 8 though honestly... With one exception of course, and a typical exception being Chrono Trigger..

Ooooooh Chrono Trigger. So good! So, so good.

My favorites in order:

Yeah, once it went from menu turn-based I just kind of stopped feeling like it was final fantasy. Although I bough 12 and 13 with such a hope filled heart all I could do was sob into my pillow. 12 I actually came around to after I played it through the second time. The characters are so bland! (Except Balthier and Fran) And 13 I thought had such great characters only to be ruined by game play.

But, I believe the man we should give all the credit to is Nobuo Uematsu. Without him all of the games I love would not be the same.
  • beckerkra
    beckerkra Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Yeh, 9 was pretty good, and I liked how they kind of took a step back and brought in some of the original class types that we were used to from like FF1. No other JRPG that I've played though matches up to 6, 7, 8 though honestly... With one exception of course, and a typical exception being Chrono Trigger..

My favorites in order:

Yeah, once it went from menu turn-based I just kind of stopped feeling like it was final fantasy. Although I bough 12 and 13 with such a hope filled heart all I could do was sob into my pillow. 12 I actually came around to after I played it through the second time. The characters are so bland! (Except Balthier and Fran) And 13 I thought had such great characters only to be ruined by game play.

But, I believe the man we should give all the credit to is Nobuo Uematsu. Without him all of the games I love would not be the same.

Yea, my biggest problems with todays FFs is the lack of the classic JRPG turn based menu system, and the gawd freaking awful linearity... It's funny, in the official strategy guide for FF7 for the PC they have a note after you get out of midgar that honestly the current day devs should really read. It reads, "NOTE: The game takes a huge turn here. Up to this point the quest has been fairly linear. From now on, you'll have large areas to explore with lots of things to discover. Have fun and take your time when travelling from place to place. AFTER ALL, HALF THE FUN OF AN RPG IS DISCOVERY!" FF13 was less than half the fun of any of the older FFs because well... it was linear and lacked the classic RPG menu system lol... K, I'm off my soap box.. ;)
  • Miss_Munster
    Miss_Munster Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm skipping out on poker to play League of Legends at the moment :-) Most of my friends are online/gamer/fandom folks.

I play a little of everything, am terrible at Magic but keep playing, and am already planning cosplay for next year's PAX East. Love-hate relationship with Joss Whedon, BSG is and will forever be amazing (IGNORE THE ENDING), I'm addicted to Gambit's solo comic and am going nutso over Fables, and the most exciting thing that will happen to me all summer is getting to go see Stephen King speak next week.

Bring it :)

YAY *high five* for LOL, add me for a game sometime: FemaleSpanyard :D:D:D

Also no I'm not one of those "geek" girls, i actually game (not COD) so if you want to have an actual game with me add me to steam :) : femalespanyard
  • NK102
    NK102 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Does being at my computer 70% of the day make me geeky enough? Ooo Also, I am an actress and have done a ton of musical theater. Now I can't get any geekier!!!

So I dare you to not friend this hapless geek!
  • NK102
    NK102 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh did you see Pacific Rim yet??? Fantastical!!
  • hornsofulmo
    Options
    The Lord of the Rings, is my greatest vice. I think I've read every book ever published by Tolkien and his son on the history of Middle Earth and I was one of those people who read through the entirety of the Silmarillion multiple times.

I only started gaming a couple years ago, but I quickly became obsessed with Dragon Age. The number of times I've played through the game is downright embarrassing. Persona 3, Deadlight, and Assassins Creed are also among my favorites. Unfortunately I've never been able to get into games such as Silent Hill or any FPS because the perspectives give me really bad motion sickness.

And anime. Gundam Wing was the first series I fell in love with. I also really enjoyed Darker than Black and Mushishi. I started watching Death Note, but never finished it after they took it off netflix (finishing it is on my to-do list). Lately I've been watching Attack on Titan, and its amazing.
  • MimiLovesHorror
    MimiLovesHorror Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've been an anime geek since I was old enough to switch on a TV/VCR! Also i am a huge reader - my favs being Stephen King and Kilborn - read everything and anything by them. And also i've been gaming ever since my household has gotten its first personal computer - waaaaaaay back ( i believe i was in the first grade then?). - MMORPG, RPG, Adventure, survivor horror - you name it, i love it!
    Anyway, now I am 26, 5'''2 and overweight and I'd love more geeky friends!
    P.S Don't be embarrassed about your Dragon age/ Mass effect addiction!
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Wow. Let see if I can measure up here. :)
    I am first and foremost a Whovian,
    but also up there is
    Star Wars, Firefly <3, Harry Potter, Hunger Games (movies and Books), X men
    Tolkien, Xanth, pretty well if its fantasy I will read it, yes even Twilight (shudder...)
    Once Upon a Time, Next Generation
    Magic (the card game)
    I know theres a bunch I'm forgetting, but I think this may just label me a Geek. :)
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I watch just about every anime out there. I loved the first Black Butler, but I wasn't crazy about the second season - I loved the first set of characters too much I think. Currently watching the simulcast for Attack on Titan. <3 Now that I'm done with grad school, I have even more time to devote to my first loves - anime, books, and video games!! Yay!! I'm 29, and I would love to have more geeky friends, especially ones that love anime, books, and video games as much as I do! :)
  • hornsofulmo
    Options
    P.S Don't be embarrassed about your Dragon age/ Mass effect addiction!

Haha, I try not to be!
    Also i am a huge reader - my favs being Stephen King and Kilborn - read everything and anything by them.

I'm currently on book 2 of the Dark Tower Series. I'm really curious about what's going to happen, but I'm also at a place in the book where I'm currently a little too weirded out to keep reading. Curiosity will win out eventually though!
  • Mythril
    Options

My favorites in order:

Yea, my biggest problems with todays FFs is the lack of the classic JRPG turn based menu system, and the gawd freaking awful linearity... It's funny, in the official strategy guide for FF7 for the PC they have a note after you get out of midgar that honestly the current day devs should really read. It reads, "NOTE: The game takes a huge turn here. Up to this point the quest has been fairly linear. From now on, you'll have large areas to explore with lots of things to discover. Have fun and take your time when travelling from place to place. AFTER ALL, HALF THE FUN OF AN RPG IS DISCOVERY!" FF13 was less than half the fun of any of the older FFs because well... it was linear and lacked the classic RPG menu system lol... K, I'm off my soap box.. ;)

Amen!
  • moosiau
    moosiau Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Also i am a huge reader - my favs being Stephen King and Kilborn - read everything and anything by them.

Stephen King is possibly my favourite author EVER~!!! Really looking forward to Doctor Sleep coming out :D
  • moosiau
    moosiau Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I love anime and manga!! I'm currently making my way through both negima and love hina :smile: oh! and I'm trying and failing to catch up with naruto....damn uni work is taking up too much of my time :grumble:

Anyway, I'm also a gamer girl :happy: and by that, I mean that I play a lot of games that aren't just COD :tongue: Among my favourite games at the moment are Assassins Creed (haven't played the 3rd one yet, though), Rocksmith (yey for learning to play guitar properly!!!), TimeSplitters, Minecraft, Dragons Age, Oblivion and Monster Hunter :happy:

....oh and I also seem to have aquired a bit of an obsession with buying comic books :tongue: is anyone on here a fan of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac?

I'm looking for new friends on here, so feel free to add me :smile:
  • MimiLovesHorror
    MimiLovesHorror Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    moosiau, love the picture on your weight tracker <3
    hornsofulmo, keep reading! I am always scared to read through Kings books because he has the nasty habbit of killing all of his characters off, but hey, that's half the fun!
  • Korrigane
    Korrigane Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi!

I love switches, touchscreen, and whatever's new to try, technically speaking.
    I've tried the Nike Fuel, the Jawbone Up and looking forward to trying the Withings Pulse (or the Fitbit?)

I've linked avery possible app to MFP as well as my Withings scale (fun!)

Can't think of dieting without all those fun thingies around.
    Don't know if it will help, though, but at least it amuses me!

And... I'm a geocacher so that makes me the biggest geek here ;)
  • wideeyedla
    wideeyedla Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am in. I actually wound up over here because someone at Nerdfitness recommended it as a good way to track food and macros :)

Also, we have a paid subscription to crunchyroll.com. Anime is abou all we watch these days.

But in my heart of hearts, I am a total book geek. I will read just about anything, and have the Kindle library to prove it.
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    could almost be my twin - minus the bleeding heart liberal - but we can all get along right? lol
    feel free to knock out a friend request and we can talk super nintendo all day lol

(oh, and weightloss too i guess haha)

^^ This
    But I'm a Mario girl through-and-through ... especially the old-school side-scrollers.
  • wideeyedla
    wideeyedla Posts: 138 Member
    Options

My favorites in order:

Amen!

We call them playable movies and forgive them because they are beautiful.
  • fromtheghetto
    Options
    i have seen every mash show 1000 times over....i love mash