Looking for geek friends. :)

Options

Replies

• wideeyedla
    wideeyedla Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    P.S Don't be embarrassed about your Dragon age/ Mass effect addiction!

Haha, I try not to be!
    Also i am a huge reader - my favs being Stephen King and Kilborn - read everything and anything by them.

I'm currently on book 2 of the Dark Tower Series. I'm really curious about what's going to happen, but I'm also at a place in the book where I'm currently a little too weirded out to keep reading. Curiosity will win out eventually though!

Keeping mouth shut about Dark Tower series. I loved it, but we'll talk when you are finished.
  • wideeyedla
    Options
    Too much anime talk and not enough Star Wars talk here.

My sons chose to name our puppies Luke and Leia. Most people don't get it.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    FF8 was awful, the plot-lines at least. 7 will forever be my favorite with 6 as a close second.

I also can't stand 10. *Hides from projectiles from the fanboys*

Edited to add: Fellow geeks/nerds/gamers feel free to add me.

Currently playing Adventure Time on the 3DS, Puzzle Pirates online and replaying Atelier Iris.
  • ourglasswalls
    ourglasswalls Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Whovian and general sci-fi geek here.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm an oldie. HA! I have always considered myself semi geeky as far as have always been into games like Final Fantasy (started playing it on the nintendo when it first came out)..Zelda (the same)..etc etc. I love music and technology...but I do not have anything "I" related. I really don't want to own any of it just cause it is "cool" or the "in thing". OH, and Hipsters get on my nerves. I'm a BBC Sherlock fan <3. Feel free to add me.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I put the eek in Geek!

Hellsing is my favorite anime

I dream in 8-bit.

I love League of Legends (GO GRAGAS!)

I am a Marvel superhero geek!

I wanna be Gambit.
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm a sci-fi geek, I suppose.
    Not really into conventions and all that.
    Just hold a deep love for all the books and movies about it. =]
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Biiiioooware.....

(Won judge's favorite in their fan art contest. Beat that!)

Also, Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly, Farscape, Lexx. LOTR, dragons and crazy, oh my.

However, I'm a pragmatist, not a liberal. So geek culture at large keeps trying to burn me at the stake.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm a geeky girl as well!
    I LOVE Doctor Who (newer series, working my way back to classic)
    BSG, Firefly, Supernatural, Warehouse 13, SW, LoTR...etc.

Hobbies include: Warhammer 40k, Costuming (refuse to call it cosplay since I'm not a squeeeing 15 yo girl), and ZOMBIES!

I used to manage a comic book/gaming store...and now I work at one part time.

OH...and Dragon*Con is my vacation every year.

(Also, a slight obsession with Catwoman.)
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me;

27, Xbox 360 and PS3 console gamer, 3DS fanatic. Feature length anime watcher.
    Bioware - Dragon Age, Mass Effect *kitten*.
    First read The Hobbit when I was 8, got my first console age of 5 (Sega Master System).

Fantasy, supernatural, historical. Hit me up for Twitter and other social sheezay.
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm mainly a PC gamer, I love anime, horror and epic fantasy... in a nutshell. I've got dogs named Raiden from Mortal Kombat and Haku from Spirited away, feel free to add me on here and Steam, evildollee.
  • LizaDK914
    LizaDK914 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Love some "Death Note!" You should try "Full Metal Alchemist." I also loved "Fruits Basket" and "Fushigi Yugi" (That spelling is probably wrong!

I also love board games, "Doctor Who," British television, anything by Joss Whedon. I always have my nose in a book, play D&D and similar. So, feel free to add me, if that's the sort of "geek" friend you're looking for, lol.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The first system we had in our house was a nintendo. I wasn't really allowed to play it, it was my brothers and he always got the systems because he was the oldest and a boy. He also got a super nintendo with ff3 and Secret of Mana. Man, I loved watching him play even when I didn't understand what was going on. When my cousins asked what I wanted to play they always had to follow up with "NOT FINAL FANTASY."

I was so happy when my then boyfriend now husband and I moved in together and he had a nintendo. My first console was a playstation. First one I bought myself was a PS2 that I still have, it's my baby. I bought my husband an XBox 360 for our first dating anniversary (this was big for him seeing as he didn't have a job yet or anything but a computer. He always borrowed his friend's game systems.)

I love Doctor Who. I started watching it with my mom with Eccleston. She was a huge fan from before the new series. Now that I'm waiting on the 50th and Christmas specials (so excited) I've gone back and started watching the originals. Mostly out of curiosity, some of the earlier stuff is really hard to get through!

Also, other things I really like. Star Trek. I've seen every episode of TNG, Voyager (is my favorite) and I'm going through DS9. Next I will watch Enterprise and then the original series. I've seen every episode of Stargate SG-1 up until O'Neil left but I couldn't get into Atlantis or SG-U. Heroes I watched every episode of until the last season where I just couldn't get into it, either. Firefly. RED DWARF. That is a childhood love that is unparalleled. It was what we watched on our Family Night, after ordering a pizza. It was so great! Watched every episode of Eureka, too. I'm watching Warehouse 13, although Mika is really irritating to me. I can't really get into the more dramatic Sci-fi. Oh, also I watch Once Upon a Time and Glee. Those are guilty pleasures of mine. I was a choir/improv/theater geek. Even attempted to go to school for theater. It was too expensive. :(

Okay. That's it until I can remember what else.

Oh, yeah. One more thing. My favorite memories include the drive from my mom to my dad's house on weekends where my dad would tell me all about the comic books he read growing up, and that is how I learned about Marvel and DC heroes. Through oral tradition. Like they used to do it!

Not sure if you knew or not, but FF7 (Best FF of em all of course IMO) got re-released for the PC and had achievements added to it, and can now run at high resolutions as well. You can buy it directly off Steam right now for $12. I've been geekin out hardcore on FF7 the past week.. ^.^

OMG!!! MUST HAVE ON PC! NOAW!!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    could almost be my twin - minus the bleeding heart liberal - but we can all get along right? lol
    feel free to knock out a friend request and we can talk super nintendo all day lol

(oh, and weightloss too i guess haha)

^^ This
    But I'm a Mario girl through-and-through ... especially the old-school side-scrollers.

YES, I have been playing and replaying and replaying super Mario bros on the DS for a good 3 years now. Lolz.
  • LeighAnnH75
    LeighAnnH75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My biggest love is TNG... I fall asleep watching an episode on my kindle every night ;) I'm a huge star wars fan, game of thrones, potter, lotr, firefly, dr who, orphan black, anything superhero. Must always have a good book to read. I haven't watched much anime lately but I LOVED deathnote, gunslinger girl, darker than black, elfin lied. Would love some new suggestions! Feel free to add me =)
  • MimiLovesHorror
    MimiLovesHorror Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention i cant live without me daily dose of DWIGHT!
  • pixie_pix
    pixie_pix Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    OMG I feel home in here :glasses:

I still love Star Trek, my fav always was DS9 before TNG and I once had a huuuuuge crush on Garak...:blushing:
    Now I stick with Game of Thrones, love the LOTR Trilogy (still can speak along a accurate Voiceover at least of the "Fellowship") and Star Wars.
    I am a PC Gamer and I am lost into Skyrim for nearly one year now. Also I liked the Witcher and Gothic a lot...
    Also I am into Music and stick somewhat with the Gothic Lifestyle (not always visible) which still has a good number of Fans here in Germany.
    Surprisingly I never was into Anime but hey that should not be a reason to cut me out :wink:
    My new active lifestyle of course cut down my Gaming/TV Time dramatically but I always find some new ways to enjoy myself even during workout e.g. with Audiobooks I use to listen to, while on the treadmill or on track...

Feel free to add me anyone who can relate, wants some fun and doesn't bother that I log at different times than the average US cause of the time-difference.

Live long and prosper :flowerforyou:
  • wideeyedla
    Options
    Buying for hubby AND son.
  • cpalumbo89
    cpalumbo89 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE quick go watch Sword Art Online it will blow your minds. Any warhammer Horde players? Whose excited for the Elder Scrolls MMORPG? THIS GIRL.
  • beckerkra
    beckerkra Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE quick go watch Sword Art Online it will blow your minds. Any warhammer Horde players? Whose excited for the Elder Scrolls MMORPG? THIS GIRL.

Definitely looking forward to the elder scrolls online, but moreso for the PvP/RvR than anything to be fully honest. Although the game I'm really looking forward to the most is Camelot Unchained! I donated $450 to the kickstarter campaign for that game lol. Dark Age of Camelot was my favorite PvP/RvR game of all time, and the same guy that created mythic entertainment who made DAOC (Mark Jacobs) is fronting his new company to make Camelot Unchained. Think of DAOC's RvR system hybrid with Minecraft (In other words people can build their own keeps and houses from scratch in more of a cell building fashion similar to how Minecraft works except larger blocks). It's a ways out yet though to be released as they're building their game engine from the ground up, and just recently have their first internal testing system built.

The kickstarter page for it is http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained. Official site is http://camelotunchained.com/en/.