Any cosplayers/nerds out there?

Options

Replies

• kikialus
    kikialus Posts: 16
    Options
    I think I might cosplay as the Ox King from DBZ next month >.>

Oooh! That would be cool! Make sure to upload photos when your done for all of us to see!
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I think I might cosplay as the Ox King from DBZ next month >.>

Oooh! That would be cool! Make sure to upload photos when your done for all of us to see!

This.
    And yeah, Azula or Zelda were my go-to ideas. Eventually though :P
  • Mutterz
    Mutterz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have never been to a comic/anime convention even though I would love to go one day. Honestly, one of my drives to getting fit is dressing up. I love Halloween and my last few costumes have been on the "nerdy" side.

Here is a comparison of me from Halloween '11 as Fionna from Adventure Time at around 200 lbs
    vs.
    Halloween '12 as Pinky Pie from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic at 165 lbs
    Halloween11vs12.jpg

And this year, since I have lost more weight, I am feeling confident in trying to pull off going as David Bowie (Ziggy Stardust era). When I told a co-worker about this, she decided that she will go as David Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King from the Labyrinth. We want to get a whole bunch of people going as different versions of Bowie. :happy:

My husband is a gamer/fantasy/comic nerd which has kind of rubbed off a bit on me. I love super heroes and cartoons and game a little.

Ahhhhhhhhh Fionna cosplayer!!!! Adventure time rules!!!!
  • Dream24601
    Dream24601 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just bought a sailor Neptune costume two sizes to small for next year. Hopefully it'll fit.
  • moosiau
    moosiau Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi :happy: I do all three :smile:
    My main motivation for loosing weight is so that I can start building armour for my monster hunter cosplay in October :smile:
    Anyhoooo feel free to add me :smile:
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who's been wanting me to join her in cosplay, but I don't want do while I still feel so uncomfortable about my weight. I can't wait until I can join her.
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    Haha yes it does! That night, I had run into a guy who went as Finn in his pajamas. I think it would be fun to dress up as Flame Princess sometime.

@ Dream24601: Sailor Neptune is my favorite Sailor Scout! I would love to do Sailor Moon cosplay, because I'm old school like that. ;)
  • ILoveMU
    ILoveMU Posts: 5
    Options
    Anyone out there a Lolita?
  • Miss_Munster
    Miss_Munster Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge geek. ^_^ I don't plan on going to any conventions this year due to money issues. I agree that they are a great reason to shed some pounds, especially if you have costumes that you worked your *kitten* off to make that no longer fit your body!

+1 to that!! I'm looking forward to the next neko nation to dress up again...i just went as generic kitty this time :P

This is me in outfits and usual getup (also at my heaviest) :)

2pp0upd.jpg
  • kikialus
    kikialus Posts: 16
    Options
    Anyone out there a Lolita?

Oohh! I have a major interest in becoming one although, due to my size, nothing really fits me. I'm willing to spend the money on brands and such (Bodyline is good too) but I'm just too large to fit. I can't wait though! Becoming a Lolita is a major inspiration for me!
  • cyapounds
    cyapounds Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a little older than most of you but have been many times to SDCC and always wanted to cosplay the stormtrooper hockey guys from Strange Brew .
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    HI :)
    Last year's NYCC was my first time cosplaying (steampunk Han Solo, oh yes I did!)
    But I also am super into Cons, comics, Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Firefly... you name it, I'm in there.
    I bow out when it comes to anime though, outside of Full Metal Alchemist and Cowboy BeBop I'm a lost cause
  • SynthStars
    SynthStars Posts: 14
    Options
    Eeeeeh. When I'm at goal, I want to cosplay Tali'Zorah nar Rayya (from Mass Effect) at Comic Con in London :D
  • FitnessBeverlyHills
    Options
    I Just got my invite to Comic Con, my girlfriends doing PR for some venders at the event and is getting me in Woot, Woot. I am so excited. I doubt I'll wait in a line at 6am to see the panels, but it will be so much fun to walk around and see everything. I am going to be in nerd heaven and I can't wait!!!

Oh and for the record if I could dress up in any costume I would be a Wood Elf Druid with thigh high boots and a little dagger and bow and arrow or a cool staff. I use to play EVERQUEST omg so nerd loved every minute of it!

Elf_1280x800.jpg
  • beckerkra
    beckerkra Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ha, LOVE the cosplayers, and want to do some myself some day.. I just haven't decided what I'd want to do yet...
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    :raises hand: I actually just finished my fem 11 cosplay (doctor who) and will be attending a con next weekend and in the middle of august.
  • schmidty13
    schmidty13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I Just got my invite to Comic Con, my girlfriends doing PR for some venders at the event and is getting me in Woot, Woot. I am so excited. I doubt I'll wait in a line at 6am to see the panels, but it will be so much fun to walk around and see everything. I am going to be in nerd heaven and I can't wait!!!

Oh and for the record if I could dress up in any costume I would be a Wood Elf Druid with thigh high boots and a little dagger and bow and arrow or a cool staff. I use to play EVERQUEST omg so nerd loved every minute of it!

Elf_1280x800.jpg

Nobody messes with a fit elf. We hope to be in good enough shape to go to next year's ComicCon as Gambit and Rogue. Big Marvel/X-Men fans here. Also, I second the earlier suggestion of checking out nerd fitness. Great site and good people over there.
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Checking in!!! :D anime/ video games/ cosplay all that jazz!!!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I love cosplay! It's my main reason for staying in shape.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Jessica Negri is my favorite ;o