What exercises do you avoid? Why?

Options

Replies

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Basically any kind of lame "group" exercise class, with the exception of Spinning & Boxing
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Curses Squats! i liked you so much, and got so comfortable with you, and then i stopped paying attention to being perfect for you for just one lift, and you went and herniated a disk in my back. Now i can never be with you again!
  • tiffanypacino
    tiffanypacino Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Lunges are pretty hard for me, especially on my knees. However, I don't avoid them, but try to limit them and work on squats and side lunges.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    2 fingers push-ups like Bruce Lee (just way too hard and face smasher!) lol

Yes....he was doing it.
  • Mosala
    Mosala Posts: 3
    Options
    I try to avoid sweating in general, so that didn't leave me with many exercise options ...hence, the double chin. I hate cardio because I'm not fond of gasping for my air, so I've signed up for a local Yoga class. Wish me luck!:wink:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Running. I hate it and it makes me pee.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    For the time being, weights and Zumba are off of my routine. I had a serious flare-up of costochindritis in February, and pinpointed it to both of these activities. So walking, jogging (eventually running - I hope!), bicycling, swimming, yoga, and Pilates are my workouts of choice.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Lunges - my knee slops backwards & forwards. (Missing a couple of important items from my knee)
    Squats - the noises from my knee are disgusting! (Grinds bone on bone)
    Deadlifts - I like to be able to feel and use my legs. (Spinal injury)

Minimal running, always hated distance running and it kills my knees so just do a little speed work for sport.

Any exercise to music - I have no sense of rhythm at all, what is this "beat" you are supposed to work too?
  • Jayiz
    Jayiz Posts: 39
    Options
    Burpees... :grumble:
    Maybe I will do them in the future but not now. Had a bad experience with them in high school.
    I also dislike the squat machine at my gym.. trying to get back into it now though.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of them. I only really like walking, biking, and rollerblading. Most things annoy me. Wish it weren't that way, but in my 28 years I have yet to make myself enjoy exercise. (And I have a hard time understanding those who love it, but kudos!)
  • Class_Act
    Class_Act Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    the eliptical...but lately I've been using it as my warm up.
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    lunges. They kill my knees.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Anything that involves jumping because jumping sucks!
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I dont really avoid them, but I NEVER work out back. I dont do lat pulldowns, back extension, etc. My back really hurts all the time, and honestly, I dont think I need them. For physical therapy though, I do rows. That's it.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    the eliptical...but lately I've been using it as my warm up.

I agree. I find it too easy to "ride" the elliptical and get absolutely nothing out of it.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The ones multiple orthopedists have told me not to do anymore - which is mainly just the deep, heavy squats and lunges.
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Lunges and squats mess with my knees but I still do them I just don't go down as low.
  • ThePinkPenguin
    Options
    I don't lift because I have determined I don't want the body type that comes with it. I prefer body weight exercises and more sculpting stuff (e.g. The Biggest Loser Power Sculpt DVD) for my strength training rather than heavy lifting. It's just not as important to me to be perfectly toned and solid...I have considered lifting, but I don't want to be on the bandwagon.

I also don't really do plyo/jumping. I try to do the jumps in TurboFire, but I find I'm more comfortable with the modifier girl (especially on sumo squats!) and I still get a decent workout/calorie burn. And running. I tried to do Couch25K and was miserable with the running...I'd much rather take a good walk. It feels like my sisters are constantly in training for some race, and it's just not my thing.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I don't lift because I have determined I don't want the body type that comes with it.

You don't want a hot body? Ok.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Running sucks my will to live.