my dog ate my Fitbit One

Options
So after my workout, I sit on the porch under the ceiling fan, eat my lunch, and update MFP, etc. Just a few minutes ago, I stood up and my fitbit (resting on the laptop) fell to the ground. Well my *daughter's* dog picked it up in his mouth and ran off with it. So the chase commenced and then my other daughter got him cornered, where he dropped the fitbit, but it was only the rubber belt clip. So I made the dog sit beside me at the computer for about 15 minutes and he never synced up with my fitbit dashboard, hopefully he dropped it in the yard somewhere. I have a friend coming over with a metal detector in a little while.

This has ruined my day.

Replies

• SDBerg03
    SDBerg03 Posts: 3
    Options
    Ugh! Silly dog! I don't know what I'd do without my Fitbit One! Hopefully you can locate it in the yard. Good luck!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that you had him sit by the computer to "sync up". Oh god, the mental image. "I'm syncing my dog up to the net."
  • mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    we swept his running path with the metal detector and didn't find it.
    Swept the dog (without a collar) and it went off.

Poop patrol.....ugh. or should I force him (somehow I have no idea how) to vomit?
  • adrylong
    adrylong Posts: 29
    Options
    At least you'll know how many steps he takes in a day...until he poops it out.
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Sorry, as the official loser of 3 fitbits I just had to laugh on this one. Good luck on getting it back.
  • adamalle
    adamalle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You should tell this story to Fitbit on Facebook - chances are they'd give you a new one, they seem to give everyone new ones!
  • mmouse90
    mmouse90 Posts: 83
    Options
    we swept his running path with the metal detector and didn't find it.
    Swept the dog (without a collar) and it went off.

Poop patrol.....ugh. or should I force him (somehow I have no idea how) to vomit?

Probably not a good idea to do that. I recommend calling the vet, some items do not pass through a dogs systems and can harm them.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd take the dog to the vet. That battery could do real harm.

And I'd also tell the Fitbit folks. If nothing else, it'll probably make a change from people put them through the wash, or losing them on the street.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    That dog needs to go to a vet. that's not a small device and can easily get caught in an intestine or something.
  • mcgeorge5
    Options
    We induced vomiting and he gave up his lunch but not the fitbit. He's still beeping with the metal detector. The veterinarian said give it 12 hours to pass through his digestive system and after that, bring him in.

I really do not need this right now.
  • luvinna
    luvinna Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    As my veterinarian friend would say, "This is a foreign body extraction waiting to happen."

Good luck! I hope he passes it easily on his own.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    LMAO!!! You made him sit next to your computer in hopes that it would sync up? So funny.

You do realize that if it had synced, you would have been cheating. I mean, he had to have taken a lot of step when he was running from y'all. :laugh:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ugh I'm sorry. I hope he poops it in one piece.
  • mcgeorge5
    Options
    LMAO!!! You made him sit next to your computer in hopes that it would sync up? So funny.

You do realize that if it had synced, you would have been cheating. I mean, he had to have taken a lot of step when he was running from y'all. :laugh:

I really did. *hanging head in shame*
    At this point, I have decided that I will reward myself for my 30 pound loss with a new fitbit and am praying that the dog doesn't die. My husband would never go for surgery for the dog.
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    I guess I have to be lucky neither of my dogs would want to even chew on a fitbit. And, I hope your dog passes it alright.
  • geckospot
    geckospot Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    LOL, a larger dog shouldn't have any trouble passing this. A teeny little dog might be in trouble (or a lot of pain). Hope it all works out quickly.
  • mcgeorge5
    Options
    Well no poop this morning. But he did eat some food. We walked him around for a few minutes. But he had to go back into the pen for the day because yesterday he also broke his collar (petsafe wireless boundary system) so he can't be running loose.

I did contact fitbit and explained the situation, but it looks like they are backlogged with customer service issues (from what comments were on their fb page. Plus they had a 'maintenance issue' yesterday so it was probably the worst day to tell them a sad story.

At this point it's not about the fitbit, it's about the dog anyway. We are supposed to leave soon for vacation and the timing of this situation could really not be worse.

I hit 30 pounds lost yesterday and was feeling on top of the world. Now I couldn't sleep last night and I'm ill as a hornet.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i would contact fitbit, someone i know lost theirs and they replaced it.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that you had him sit by the computer to "sync up". Oh god, the mental image. "I'm syncing my dog up to the net."

^^^ this!! it made me laugh :) it's cute and very funny. I'm sure it's a PITA right now, but you *will* look back and laugh! Hope you find it undamaged.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good luck and keep us posted on your dog!!!!