Lose 5 pounds a month SEPTEMBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• saraegentry
    saraegentry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Tina!

What's the website to that 400 calorie meal blog? Sounds like a great resource!

Today was weigh in day, so... starting weight for September is 185. Goal Weight= 180! It would be SO exciting for me to reach that goal... 180 is the lowest I've been in my adult life. It's not my final goal, but it will be a big milestone :)

I reached one of my mini goals today, so I need to figure out when I can go get my pedicure :)
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Had a peek at the scale today and I'm down 1 pound woohoo! :laugh: It's nearly two months since i started my journey and I think I'm making healthy progress. I finished Phase 1 of Chalean Extreme yesterday so starting the second one next week, but I gotta get some heavier weights first :bigsmile: I've been successful in my water goals this week, having 10+ glasses per day so overall I'm happy!

Going back to school on Wednesday so I'm shopping for some food for my lunches today...last year I had sandwiches every single day but not this year! Will be getting some more walking in throughout the weeks to come aswell cause I'm determined to walk to/from school every morning and after day :glasses:

Anyway way to go everyone! I have a feeling that September is going to be a great month for us all!
  • mum2paris
    Options
    Hey all, Am new here but wanna join in too. I am hoping that I can lose 5 pounds in a month, actually more would be nice, hoping for around 11 if possible, but know that might be a bit much to hope for just yet. I have a work conference coming up at the end of October and want to have some new, nicely fitting clothes for it. My Wedding anniversary is in November, so I'd like even more to be weighing less by then. Of course here in NZ, summer is on it's way too.

Current weight = 70kgs/ 154lbs
    Goal weight = 55kgs/121lbs
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I had my "official" weigh in yesterday and was already down 2 more lbs!!! I couldn't believe it. I guess stepping up the cardio and only eating 1/2 of my exercise calories was what my body was looking for all along.

I am spending the weekend up north at my in-laws and will do my best to continue eating healthy...and since I won't have access to a gym, I am bringing with 30 day shred! Good luck everyone on the long weekend!!!
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Am in for September with goal of 10lb weight loss
  • kitchen1234
    Options
    I'm in! 5lbs would be a great start for me!

sw:147
    gw:130
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats Tina!

Day 3 went ok, went to Olive Garden for dinner and stuck to my guns about ordering healthier choice....Herb grilled salmon with broccoli & tomatoes. I had 1/2 of a bread stick and a lot of the salad but with their house dressing not sure exactly how bad it was. My downfall was I had 3 glasses of white wine but had 4 big glasses of water to help with those calories. I guess over all it wasn't a completely unhealty night out. Going for a good walk now, 3.5 miles and see what else I can do from there.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • cloudy68
    cloudy68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to loose weight all summer with no success ---- hoping this will help!

Do we check in weekly?

Cloudy
  • lmbihn
    Options
    Count me in. this is just what i need to get me back on track. Thanks
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Weekends can bad, especially long holiday weekends. Try to make good choices and get in your exercise.

Today's eat more eat less is one of my favorites.

EAT MORE WINE.

A study in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism found that people who averaged a serving of alcohol a day had slimmer waistlines than their teatotaling counterparts. Drinking a small amount of alcohol with a meal may speed up calorie burn.

EAT LESS CANNED SOUP

Many boxed, canned and frozen processed foods are stealthy sources of sodium. A cup of chicken noodle for instance can pack in more than a third of your 2,400 miligram daily limit. Even a small amount of excess sodium can cause your body to retain water. If you eat it chose low sodium.

Have a great day!

Terri
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    MMMMM! Just had my first granola bar and it was gorgeous :smile: it's when I find these scrumptious foods I think...

'why haven't i tried these before? they are much nicer than any fast food' :bigsmile: my lifestyle is truly changing for the better (Y)
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I had a HUGE binge today and ended up 550calories over my limit:blushing: I'm so angry at myself! Didn't make 5lbs last month. week 1&2 I lost nothing and then 3.6lbs in week 3 and then nothing for the rest of the month. I would put money on me gaining this week. Too many celebrations and parties! As of this morning's peek at the scales (pre-binge might I add) I was 3.4lbs heavier than my last weigh-in! :mad:

So...plan is to stay committed to this thread! It helped me in the past but I kinda found I avoided posting last month because I knew I wasn't doing so well! Spin class in the morning to get back on track! :smile:
    Good luck for september everyone! I'm determined to get 5lbs plus this month! Hopefully 8lbs so I can lose those 3lbs again!
  • moniapp
    moniapp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I love this challenge!!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Starting a bit late, but better than never.
    CW-155
    GW-150
    When is weigh in?
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone glad your having a good time....

The website is 400caloriesorless.com
    It has around 50 pages of healthy recipes and also new spins on some deserts that sound pretty good

type in strawberry icecream that one looks interresting : )
  • tashtranquillo
    Options
    defs in if it's not to late :) when is way in and how does this worl? never done a challene like this before!!!
  • Fruchtzwerg
    Fruchtzwerg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in. These challenges are the best motivation ever.
  • muffintop22
    Options
    I would like to join too please (if I'm not too late)..although I'm not sure how this works so if someone would be lovely enough to explain it that would be great :)
  • 5 ibs = 2.3 kg ... should be doable; however i have been tryng to lose weight for 3 weeks now and my weight remains exactly the same. But my hips have gone down by 5 cm = 2 inches to you guys in the US. As long as my body keeps getting smaller.

i am in ... but dissapointed that i still weigh the same .... happy about my slimmer hips though
  • moniapp
    moniapp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I never put in my weight

SW 177
    GW 172 :)