What did they mean by this? Can't stop crying

Options

Replies

• sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    It really makes me sad that there are ADULTS that think that cyber bullying is ok...

Get over yourself.

Exhibit A....smh

Telling someone to get over themselves is cyber bullying? Ummmm...wow. How do people function in life?

I was mostly referring to the people that keep coming back and making nasty comments to this girl who has already stated that she KNOWS that she has issues that she needs to work on. THAT is cyber bullying. One of the guys even called her an attention *kitten*. YES, that IS cyber bullying. What was said to me was just rudeness for no reason. My point is that adults should NOT be acting this way. Its ridiculous.
  • Mahihkan
    Mahihkan Posts: 162
    Options
    What? Whining and crying over jerks?

Next time do them the finger and walk your head high!
    Geez... if you are a victim on this planet, you'll get eaten alive...
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    It really makes me sad that there are ADULTS that think that cyber bullying is ok...

Get over yourself.

Exhibit A....smh

It makes me sad that there are ADULTS who have no idea what cyber bullying is. A difference of opinion is not the same as bullying :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Get over yourself.

Exhibit A....smh

Telling someone to get over themselves is cyber bullying? Ummmm...wow. How do people function in life?

I was mostly referring to the people that keep coming back and making nasty comments to this girl who has already stated that she KNOWS that she has issues that she needs to work on. THAT is cyber bullying. One of the guys even called her an attention *kitten*. YES, that IS cyber bullying. What was said to me was just rudeness for no reason. My point is that adults should NOT be acting this way. Its ridiculous.

Unlike real life, anyone can just exit out of a convo on the Internet.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options

Get over yourself.

Exhibit A....smh

you must be new to the internet
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Get over yourself.

Exhibit A....smh

Haha I know right?

I'm a"bully" because I dont base my self worth on what random people online or on the street think of me?
    I'm perfectly ok with that because it means I'll survive in this world and won't be reduced to tears over stupid ****.
    Thats what being bullied as a kid does to you. Creates a thick skin.

So again, get over yourself and look up what bullying really is. Because this **** ain't it.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options

Get over yourself.

Exhibit A....smh

Haha I know right?

I'm a"bully" because I dont base my self worth on what random people online or on the street think of me?
    I'm perfectly ok with that because it means I'll survive in this world and won't be reduced to tears over stupid ****.

So again, get over yourself and look up what bullying really is. Because this **** ain't it.

^this
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Get over yourself.

Exhibit A....smh

It makes me sad that there are ADULTS who have no idea what cyber bullying is. A difference of opinion is not the same as bullying :flowerforyou:

Makes me sad that the phrase is thrown around so easily.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Get over yourself.

Exhibit A....smh

Haha I know right?

^This. Quoted for truth!!!
  • sweetchildomine
    Options
    Ok, tell that to the mods when they send you a message for your behavior after you've been reported... There's nothing wrong with having opposing opinions but when you begin to attack another user that is a violation.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    First of all you need to not worry what others think, what's important is how you feel. There will always been someone out there that says something cruel. Since I've lost weight I've been told I'm too skinney. I don't feel 125 for 5'3" is too skinney and I like my size. You definitely don't look fat. Your going about this the right way slow and steady so keep it up :}
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Get over yourself.

Exhibit A....smh

Haha I know right?

I hear that!!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Options

Get over yourself.

Exhibit A....smh

I've noticed it's usually proceeded by the poster saying the same thing over and over on the same post, no-one quotes or agrees with them so suddenly they are the victim of bullying...
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    ignoring most of what's above

OP, I'd be stung too if that happened to me. In fact, it has, and worse was said. I remember thinking - 'what is it about me that inspires such horrible behaviour'? And the answer to that (for me and you) is absolutely nothing. They probably went half a block and yelled something else at a grandmother. They just use people as objects for their own amusement and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU except you happened to be there at the time, honestly.

Please meditate for a minute on how profoundly stupid those boys/men/cretins must be, and how good it is you're not either of them.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

I see where you're coming from on that one, but some people have different responses and coping mechanisms to the same experiences. And the point I and others are trying to make here is that THIS is supposed to be a supportive website, and attacking the OP is not helping at all. You think she doesn't realize she's more sensitive than some would think she should be? She does. Is pointing it out using harsh language going to change that? Nope. All it's going to do is make her even more upset than she was when she made the cry for help in the first place.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Ok, tell that to the mods when they send you a message for your behavior after you've been reported...

Are you threatening people now? That if they don't "talk" the way You want them to, you are going to frivousky report people? Seems adult-like I guess.
  • sweetchildomine
    Options

Get over yourself.

Exhibit A....smh

I've noticed it's usually proceeded by the poster saying the same thing over and over on the same post, no-one quotes or agrees with them so suddenly they are the victim of bullying...

I wasn't even talking about ME I was talking about THE OP. I did NOT make this post! I wasn't talking about anyone bullying ME. I was talking about the OP who probably isn't even reading this anymore! How is making fun of her and calling her an "attention *kitten*" supposed to help? She obviously needs to get some counselling or something to help her issues so why does it make you feel better to push her even further down?! It pisses me off when people attack others when they are already at a low point. Do you really want to be the person to push someone over the edge? One of my best friends killed themselves after something similar to this. If you must know THAT is why I feel the need to stand up for people like this. Yes, this is the internet and people are mean BUT that doesn't mean that I don't have the right to point out that it's wrong. Last time I checked this website was about motivation and support, not tearing each other down. Hopefully the mods help will keep it the way it's supposed to be. I will continue to tell people when they are in the wrong, even if I am one of the only ones that feels that way. Luckily, I have a thicker skin than the OP and I don't give a rat's behind what you think about ME but I DO care when you're hurting someone else who may not be as strong as I am.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Options

Get over yourself.

Exhibit A....smh

I wasn't even talking about ME I was talking about THE OP. I did NOT make this post! I wasn't talking about anyone bullying ME. I was talking about the OP.

That's nice dear :flowerforyou:
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'm HONESTLY not fishing for any compliments and would much rather people were honest with me

Seriously allow me to doubt that...you need to speak to someone about your self esteem issues IRL darlin...posting 2 threads (a second one because you didn't like the way the other was going?) on an internet forum to have random people explain to you "what did they mean by this?" is a bit much.
    Self esteem issues are one of the hardest things to overcome and you aren't going to resolve them online. Best of luck to you.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Judging from your profile pic and the fact that you wear UK-10 / US-6, I think they misspoke, and wanted to know if you wanted their sausage, not bacon.