Pregnancy 2010 - September

Options

Replies

• disnyfan
    disnyfan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Love this! My husband and I are trying to get pregnant. I go to the Dr on Oct 12 to start the road to fertility. My Dr thinks my being overweight isn't healthy so my goal is to loose 25 pds by then. I'm down 9 and am weighing myself every 2 weeks so I don't obess. I get to weigh again on Monday the 6th. Woot! I know I've lost at least 6 more!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I canned tomatoes and salsa last night, which was a lot of fun. But I am paying for it this morning with lots of nausea...who knew that salsa stinks up the house so much??
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Who is planning on nursing? Do you have a back to work and nursing plan? I failed the last time after returning to work but really want to go as close to 1 yr as possible this time around.
  • souldancer
    Options
    Do any of you ladies have the 30 Day Shred? I just started it Thursday. I will be doing it twice a week. If anyone wants to join me that would be great.

Is that safe for us to do? I stopped once I found out I was preggo at 5 weeks

You should ALWAYS check with your OB before starting a new exercise program, but if you were active and did 30 day shred-like exercises before pregnancy it's likely your OB will be fine. You'll have to stop further along per your OB's recommendation. Exercise is important during pregnancy though. :-D

I agree with Angela it is good to consult your OB/GYN. I am just starting Shred at 17 weeks of my pregnancy. I listen to my body and have a good idea what it can handle. It is better to move to your own beat or pace than not move at all.
  • souldancer
    Options
    Do any of you ladies have the 30 Day Shred? I just started it Thursday. I will be doing it twice a week. If anyone wants to join me that would be great.

I have it ... but will have to wait until after the baby's born to start it again. A little hard to do at nine months. lol

Angela, I can see that it might be good you wait a few weeks, hee hee. Let me know when you start it, I should be doing it twice a week for the next 4 months God willing that I have the strength and endurance.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    I am going to pass, I suffered from preterm labor with both of my babies, the first one was worse because they put me on steroids and complete bedrest at 7 months. They thought I had pre-eclampsia as well because I was super swollen and had really high blood pressure. My second I just had the preterm labor and only needed complete bedrest at 8 months. Had a m/c in March and so I am just on pins and needles this time around. I do want to start walking again once it cools down, it has been in the 100s here in California so definately too hot.

This weeks weigh in.....

Pre-pregnancy - 232.2
    Today's weight 8w6d - 218.2
    Loss of 14 lbs

Lost 1 lb this week, oh well I guess I can save all of these lost lbs for when I get my appetite back. Every once in a while I get a hungry day and just go for it. I know that once this morning sickness passes there will probably be more of those days :laugh: If I end up back where I started or even a little below that I am sure my doctor will be happy. For my weight I shouldn't gain more than 10-15 lbs. Funny thing is with both of my kids I lost about 20 lbs just by giving birth to them.
  • jessdawn1982
    jessdawn1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow, 4 weeks before is great!!! We get 6 weeks after, but nothing before. If we need to take some time off before the baby comes we have to use part of the 6 weeks, so if I take a week or so off before the baby comes, I will only get 5 weeks after. It really stinks.

We get 6wks after unless you want to take family Medical leave which I did with my first and will do it again next time. FML you can take up tp 16 weeks. Last time I took 16wks.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to breast feed until 1 year but at least 6 months. I have a portable breast pump and will use that at work and will breast feed at home.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Wow, 4 weeks before is great!!! We get 6 weeks after, but nothing before. If we need to take some time off before the baby comes we have to use part of the 6 weeks, so if I take a week or so off before the baby comes, I will only get 5 weeks after. It really stinks.

We get 6wks after unless you want to take family Medical leave which I did with my first and will do it again next time. FML you can take up tp 16 weeks. Last time I took 16wks.

I would love to take the paid family leave but I work for such a small company and I am the back bone so 10 weeks off alone is a life time to them. I am fortunate though because I work fromn 4a-12p so I get lots of time in with my family. Hubby is a stay at home dad. We are very fortunate to have one of us home with the babies.
  • yessie75
    Options
    I wish! My husband and I started carpooling on Friday. I'm hoping to work until the last minute so save the days for after the baby is born.
  • yessie75
    Options
    :blushing: I'm planning to nurse again for 9 months, like I did with my other two. I have a super double breast pump that I use during my breaks at school. I can pump in five minutes and I will nurse her when I'm home. I give a lot of milk, specially the first couple of months when for some reason my milk supply is way over what the baby drinks, so I freeze the extra for when I wean her. So she actually gets breasmilk for an extra few weeks after I stop nursing.
    We went to a ten year anniversay party yesterday and had lots of fun! I was dancing all night and it made me miss Zumba. I have not gone to class since school started because I din't feel like getting dress to go to the gym :blushing: I know it's a lame excuse but it's true. I have not gained weigh, though, so that's good news.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    :blushing: I'm planning to nurse again for 9 months, like I did with my other two. I have a super double breast pump that I use during my breaks at school. I can pump in five minutes and I will nurse her when I'm home. I give a lot of milk, specially the first couple of months when for some reason my milk supply is way over what the baby drinks, so I freeze the extra for when I wean her. So she actually gets breasmilk for an extra few weeks after I stop nursing.
    We went to a ten year anniversay party yesterday and had lots of fun! I was dancing all night and it made me miss Zumba. I have not gone to class since school started because I din't feel like getting dress to go to the gym :blushing: I know it's a lame excuse but it's true. I have not gained weigh, though, so that's good news.

What kind of pump is that? I will definately need a quick but good one. I lack in the milk producing department, I quit because I would nurse my last baby for an hour and he would still be crying for food. I had to give formula to suppliment, so if I have something that I can pump quickly I could do it more often and hopefully build up a better supply. Sorry if TMI but I really want to make it work this time.... this will be our last baby as 3 is plenty for us, we will already be out numbered by 1 LOL
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Tahmed - yeah morning sickness or as I like to call it all day sickness is probably kicking in. Mine started around 5 weeks and is still in full swing. It would be nice if it were only in the morning but I have it pretty much from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed, sometimes it even wakes me up. Small frequent snacks seems to help as well as gingerale and crackers. Try to just get extra rest when possible.

Anyone else unable to eat meat? I swear I think I have become a vegetarian because I can not stand the sight or thought of meat. Funny thing though... I can go pick up a hamburger and eat it. Just don't ask me to cook it, and I sure don't care for any other meat... just a burger with ketchup, mustard and xtra pickles of course.

I felt the same way about chicken for the first 3 months....then I got over it. :)
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    Angela, your pictures are awesome and you look so good. You should enter the one in the doorway in some kind of baby bump contest, I bet you'll win first prize.

Jalara, I like your wedding picture, too. Congratulations!!!!

I went to my 36 weeks appointment this afternoon :smile: I'm measuring exactly where I'm supposed to be and she's head down. I'm also dilated two centimeters. The doc felt the baby's head :smooched: I feel so excited that things are finally moving along. I know I can be 2 centimeters for weeks, but I'm starting to see the light!

My current weight is 172, I've gained 32 lbs so far.

My husband said I should pack my hospital bag and keep it in my car in case I go into labor at school. We live in the country, about 40 minutes from my school and about 50 from the hospital. So I guess that sounds sensible. I'll pack it this weekend.
    Anyway, that's my update.

YEAH!!! So excited - she's coming anytime now :)
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    I'm hoping to breast feed until 1 year but at least 6 months. I have a portable breast pump and will use that at work and will breast feed at home.

I'm breast-feeding right now....week 3. I just started to pump and not getting much while pumping. From what I'm reading, it takes about a week for your body to get the cue to produce more milk...hopefully that is right.

She is not sleeping as well as she was a week or so ago. So we are giving her a formula bottle at her bedtime and then I'm breast-feeding the rest of the time. I'm pumping to cover the time she is eating the formula.

My hubby and I went to see the Eminem and Jay Z concert here in Detroit on Thursday. Our First night out since Alexis was born. The concert was super long and we didn't get home until 1 am.....I was leaking all over the place. I pumped both sides and got 4 oz. Not sure if that is a common amount after not feeding for 7 hours.

I am getting a double pump this week....and get this - my insurance covers it! It will cost me $28. That's it!! So Mommies who don't have one and plan on getting one...call your insurance company to see if they cover it. All my doc has to do is write a prescription for it. Saves me from paying $280 for one.

I went back to Zumba on Saturday. It's only been 3 weeks since I had Alexis, but I feel 100% back to normal, so I listened to my body and just went with it. Plus, it was my birthday so I wanted to go and treat myself.
  • yessie75
    Options
    That's great Shoppingqueen, I hope to get back to Zumba soon after, too. My insurance paid for my pump too, three years ago and it was about $250. I have a Medela pump in style, it's a double. I'm sure they've come up with something even more efficient since then, but I'm sticking with mine since it worked so great. I bought it at the hospital store, that's the only way the insurance would pay for it. It had to be hospital grade. I don't think insurances really announce this, I had to do some digging to find out. I can even use my pump in a public bathrrom (not that I had or intend to :blushing: ), it can hang on the hook behind the stall door and it has a "shelf" to place things. It's pretty cool !
    My three year old gave me her cold and now I feel miserable. It's not fun being super pregnant and sick :sad: I'm glad at least I get another day to recuperate before school tomorrow.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!! I'll keep it in mind. I definitely want to breast feed when the time comes.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I didn't breast feed with my first one, but am considering it with this one.

I have some honest questions...does it hurt? is it hard to do/keep up with? Will I need a breast pump?

That is why I didn't even consider it, because I had heard so many horror stories about breast feeding.
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Ckmama - i will not lie to you, it hurts for the first little while. After a few weeks (sometimes longer or shorter) it gets better. It takes a little getting used to as far as the schedule and the realization you can't just prop up a bottle or have someone else feed the baby and go to something else, you've got the baby attatched to you. That was the hardest thing for me, i don't sit still well and i feel like i constantly have to be doing something so sitting down and nursing took some getting used to. It can feel like a sacrafice, but the bond that you achieve with your baby and the benefit your baby will gain from breast milk it such a great reward. Yes you will need a breast pump, you can pump and freeze the milk so that if you want to drink or go out for a bit w/o the baby whoever is providing care can bottle feed with breast milk. Hope this helps!
  • souldancer
    Options
    With breastfeeding I agree that it takes a few weeks to get use to. Also baby's that are breast fed are hungrier more often than with formula, it has to do with the thickness of formula I believe, so you are breastfeeding more often. Freezing bottles are a good idea. I breastfed my daughter longer than I anticipated, 18 months. For this child to come I will try between 9 months to a year.